Macau money (MOP) = Toy money?

I have got approx 2000 MOP (8000 baht) when I came back from an Macau trip, but NO exchange kiosk or bank in Pattaya seems to be able to exchange them back to THB.

Any suggestions? I have no planse to revisit Macau again.

Edited by TramsRepus

Try the exchange Kiosk in Jomtien opposite Shenanigans. Near the archway proclaiming Pattaya is the city of something....or other.

He also gives the best rates against any currency I have seen all over town. If the best being offered is X.10 he has X.11.

Try the exchange Kiosk in Jomtien opposite Shenanigans. Near the archway proclaiming Pattaya is the city of something....or other.

He also gives the best rates against any currency I have seen all over town. If the best being offered is X.10 he has X.11.

Also try the exchange upstairs in the old Tops building on the corner of Klang/Sai Song. Another branch of theirs is in Walking Street opposite side of the road and not far from McDonalds. They were the only ones in town I could find that had HKD recently.

As an aside when in Macau recently HKD was accepted readily, but they mostly offered change in MOP. Had to insist on HKD for change knowing that it's regarded as Monopoly money elsewhere.

I have changed HKD at the guy in Jomtien and I also checked the MOP is not a restricted currency - some countries do not allow you to take their currency out of the country. I know Angola was such a place when i worked there 12 years ago, and some former soviet states are the same. But not Macau....