No more witnesses for Yingluck trial

webfact

RICE-PLEDGING SCHEME
No more witnesses for Yingluck trial

The Nation

30276130-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Supreme Court would not allow more witnesses to testify in the trial of ousted prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra over her government’s rice-pledging scheme, Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam said yesterday.

The court probably needs four more meetings before closing the case, he said.

The Attorney General has pressed charges against Yingluck for alleged negligence and failure to stop corruption and massive losses in the rice scheme.

Both the prosecution and the defence may present written testimony to the court until the end of this month. If more witnesses were allowed, they could postpone their court appearances and the case would get delayed, Wissanu said.

The Commerce Ministry's fact-finding committee looking into the civil liability in the rice scheme has not completed its task. The panel has been ordered to calculate how much damage the state incurred . It meets every day but has yet to resolve this, he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/No-more-witnesses-for-Yingluck-trial-30276130.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2016-01-05

If she ever will be sent to jail and assets will be confiscated, that I will believe that Thailand, finally,

is on the right oath to redemptions and new and bright future with equal justice for all, well, almost.....

Postponing court appearances? Hell, hold the witnesses in contempt of court if they postpone or don't turn up, maybe then they won't be so eager to hold up their hand to volunteer to please

Try to read the OP again................................coffee1.gif

Now the Deputy PM speaks for the court? How the hell can he say what the court will or will not do. It just shows you who running the courts here.

Hardly a surprise !!

Since 19 months back the legislative, the executive and the judicial branches are in the hand of one man !!

Commonly known as a ( the forbidden word)......................coffee1.gif

If she ever will be sent to jail and assets will be confiscated, that I will believe that Thailand, finally,

is on the right oath to redemptions and new and bright future with equal justice for all, well, almost.....

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif What did you smoke.................

Bring it on, throw the book at her and lets sit back and see how these tin soldiers handle the fireworks. It matters not to me if the Junta are doing the right or wrong thing, I just want to see people in this country grow some balls and stand up for their rights or at least teach the elitist minority owning the country that they are way out of line. There is bound to be collateral damage, but hey, that's life, get over it and move on to a better future.

Bring it on, throw the book at her and lets sit back and see how these tin soldiers handle the fireworks. It matters not to me if the Junta are doing the right or wrong thing, I just want to see people in this country grow some balls and stand up for their rights or at least teach the elitist minority owning the country that they are way out of line. There is bound to be collateral damage, but hey, that's life, get over it and move on to a better future.

I tend to agree the passive stance so far has been exasperating to witness.

Injustices after injustices .

However , 15 million people out of 28 million who voted last time when she won chose her.

The miscalculation of thinking Thais will quietly take the ruling ( throwing the book at her ) lightly ,could be the greatest one ( miscalculation ) so far.

Hard to envision the degree of anger.

But worse , were she found hung in jail ( as the hatreds spill over by elitists )

The brother would have no further reason to be cautious .

It would be dead of night truck shipments .

Powerful friends abroad seeing the reds as freedom fighters and civil war .

This decesion is very much a Joan of Arc moment .

Burning her at the stake judicially will ignite the entire country.

Assests are one thing but throwing the book another .

If they do and give her a life sentence or fifty years .

Or bump her off.

Thailand will automatically be a place to exit out of fast.

Literally , millions can not be stopped.

When angry ..( mobs visit ) ..on mass Bangkok will be a dangerous place if she is jailed

Edited by Plutojames88

I tend to agree the passive stance so far has been exasperating to witness.

Injustices after injustices .

However , 15 million people out of 28 million who voted last time when she won chose her.

The miscalculation of thinking Thais will quietly take the ruling ( throwing the book at her ) lightly ,could be the greatest one ( miscalculation ) so far.

Hard to envision the degree of anger.

But worse , were she found hung in jail ( as the hatreds spill over by elitists )

The brother would have no further reason to be cautious .

It would be dead of night truck shipments .

Powerful friends abroad seeing the reds as freedom fighters and civil war .

This decesion is very much a Joan of Arc moment .

Burning her at the stake judicially will ignite the entire country.

Assests are one thing but throwing the book another .

If they do and give her a life sentence or fifty years .

Or bump her off.

Thailand will automatically be a place to exit out of fast.

Literally , millions can not be stopped.

When angry ..( mobs visit ) ..on mass Bangkok will be a dangerous place if she is jailed

Wishful thinking of some red heads on Thaivisa. This will never happen.

There will be no civil war, the rent a mob won't riks their lives again for 500bt a pop. Last time did not turn out to good for them.

I really don't get it why people wish for violence.

Maybe those advocating it and wanting it so much should be in the first line going at the army when it fires live munitions. I wonder if they are then still want change through violence and sacrifice if its their own skin on the line.

Edited by robblok

Surely the second biggest problem facing the junta!

Arguably, more important than the ailing economy, more important than the roadmap to reform and democracy, and even ahead of the developing drought crisis.

This must be resolved in a timely and ethical manner (that ensures natural justice to all parties) if Tailand is to try to move forward (and begin to try and put years of deep political division and unrest behind it).

One sincerely hopes that a workable outcome is reached, so everyone can feel that some justice has been done.

Alas, Thailand has no chance of moving forward while this sorry saga continues to poison the nation, and a bad outcom will result in no winners.

Surely the second biggest problem facing the junta!

Arguably, more important than the ailing economy, more important than the roadmap to reform and democracy, and even ahead of the developing drought crisis.

This must be resolved in a timely and ethical manner (that ensures natural justice to all parties) if Tailand is to try to move forward (and begin to try and put years of deep political division and unrest behind it).

One sincerely hopes that a workable outcome is reached, so everyone can feel that some justice has been done.

Alas, Thailand has no chance of moving forward while this sorry saga continues to poison the nation, and a bad outcom will result in no winners.

There will never be a outcome that is good for everyone. That just wont happen the differences are too far apart. I doubt that violence will erupt about this as the army has things totally under control. People just wont risk their skins for 500 bt anymore they have seen how the leaders get off while the foot-soldiers rot in jail without PTP support.

History shows their are girlie men cowards , and those who fight .

Causes like freedom have been some of the reasons peaceful men resort to arms .

When their denied natural justice .

Democracy .

Rights.

Advocating ""self determination """ and violence are two different things.

It's not our battle but a counter coup could arise with a strong rebellion.

Political scientists and South East Asian observers have said Thailand may well have ""triggers"" in their political divides .

Someone gullible with little understanding to the depth of support of the ex leader(s)

May not fathom the rank and file in miltary are not all yellow .

Most come from families who voted for the reds over many elections.

The army only has control because men with guns for now are obeying orders.

A rogue general is all that's required.

Happily those same soldiers might be happy to arrest the junta .

What's being said is no one knows what happens next , if the democratically elected PM is jailed .

Western responses won't be favourable either.

Democracy .

Rights.

Political scientists and South East Asian observers have said Thailand may well have ""triggers"" in their political divides .

Someone gullible with little understanding to the depth of support of the ex leader(s)

What's being said is no one knows what happens next , if the democratically elected PM is jailed .

There is always a lot of hot air in your posts, so you would not join them in the front lines but you want to watch.

What you are advocating is violence, many of your posts are about this it seems you think life is a game.

It wont happen how much you want it. Your the kind of guy who wants to see others hurt to prove his point a real cowardly way of thinking. Keyboard warrior.

Hmm, collateral damage will mean dead bodies on the streets. The more who protest the more dead bodies. The Thai people are aware that the people running things would have no compunction in shooting, they have done it before. And the traditional "safety valve" is no longer there.

I suspect that, eventually it will happen, but will this be the trigger, or just the next escalation which will lead to the fuze being lit?

Hmm, collateral damage will mean dead bodies on the streets. The more who protest the more dead bodies. The Thai people are aware that the people running things would have no compunction in shooting, they have done it before. And the traditional "safety valve" is no longer there.

I suspect that, eventually it will happen, but will this be the trigger, or just the next escalation which will lead to the fuze being lit?

It won't happen people won't die for 500bt anymore they know the risk. So far life is not too bad for them. They are not directly impacted by anything the junta does. The only ones who are hurting are the PTP politicians who are no longer feeding of the corruption.

It will be hard for them to get the normal people crazy enough to die for them, certainly after last time. Now they have seen that the leaders who told them to burn BKK did not go to jail but the ones who did the burning did, and they did not get any PTP support.

So nothing will happen the people are not crazy they wont bleed so that one elite can replace an other elite.

Democracy .

Rights.

There is always a lot of hot air in your posts, so you would not join them in the front lines but you want to watch.

What you are advocating is violence, many of your posts are about this it seems you think life is a game.

It wont happen how much you want it. Your the kind of guy who wants to see others hurt to prove his point a real cowardly way of thinking. Keyboard warrior.

Aside from showing a penchant ( like the junta does) to thought crime.

IE ""pointing out the potential of violence ( as many pundits suggest ) is advocating and par - taking and criminal in nature ?

You seem unable to fathom ( when you claim the army has it all under control) the histories of Military oppression over time.

We are not anything here but observers .

If anyone is being a keyboard warrior it's the cowards who support the oppression of Thais with statements like yours.

Can I ask if you think the junta makes Thailand a better place ( without talking about Thaksin ?)

Or is that your little problem ?

The silly "" red ""rhetoric ....that simmers in the elitist propaganda mouth pieces.

When democracy is overthrown and the current article 44 crop claim to have a 99% love mandate .

You are either a fool to believe it or have so many pet hatreds your blind to reality.

Which is it?

Thailand is more draconian and less free than it has been in decades.

And many people fear the direction it is taking.

Again make the distinction of observing it could blow up and wanting blood shed.

The latter might depend on soldiers willingness to gun down their own kind.?

Lets hope it does not come to that.

But certainly seeing Thais rebel for a just cause is to be applauded.

Edited by Plutojames88

Democracy .

Rights.

Aside from showing a penchant ( like the junta does) to thought crime.

IE ""pointing out the potential of violence ( as many pundits suggest ) is advocating and par - taking and criminal in nature ?

You seem unable to fathom ( when you claim the army has it all under control) the histories of Military oppression over time.

We are not anything here but observers .

If anyone is being a keyboard warrior it's the cowards who support the oppression of Thais with statements like yours.

Can I ask if you think the junta makes Thailand a better place ( without talking about Thaksin ?)

Or is that your little problem ?

The silly "" red ""rhetoric ....that simmers in the elitist propaganda mouth pieces.

When democracy is overthrown and the current article 44 crop claim to have a 99% love mandate .

You are either a fool to believe it or have so many pet hatreds your blind to reality.

Which is it?

Thailand is more draconian and less free than it has been in decades.

And many people fear the direction it is taking.

Again make the distinction of observing it could blow up and wanting blood shed.

The latter might depend on soldiers willingness to gun down their own kind.?

Lets hope it does not come to that.

But certainly seeing Thais rebel for a just cause is to be applauded.

Your a funny guy telling me what I can and can't say in a post. You mean you can't deny that this was all started by Thaksin, had the amnesty not been pushed through it would never have come to this. So kinda like chicken and egg story.

I think that Thailand is a better place now then what it was when there were bombs going off at anti government protests and violent clashes were happening. All because someone wanted an amnesty going through. All these problems caused by the hubris of just one man.

Do I like all the new measures of the junta.. .. No i certainly do not like them all.

I feel your the coward wanting others do the work for you .. kinda like generals sending people to the slaughter instead of doing their own dirty work. That is the hallmark of a coward.

I get bored with the elitist thing.. thinking that YL and Thaksin and her followers are any less elitist is crazy. If this was not the case the leaders would be in jail for the burning instead of the foot soldiers. Elitist leaders never share the same fate as the footsoldiers. Have you seen any high up PTP in jail.. no .. that is because they are just as elitist.

I doubt the people are stupid enough to rebel to get YL out of jail, that just wont happen. As long as the junta makes sure things don't get too bad economically nothing will happen. Unlike you I don't think that people are driven by the need for freedoms and ideals but by poverty and injustice. So far freedoms have been taken, but their money has not. The moment you touch their money things will go wrong. The only ones hurting now are the red politicians, the normal people just go on with their lives and wont let themselves be used by the red elite.

This is akin to a fuse being lite .

Makes sense to move heavy army power to Bangkok if they plan on jailing her.

But once they do ...well it's really very scary.

And the response will be like a hammer .

What will be set In motion is best viewed from afar

Yeah right - because all the masses, the vast majority of Thais, that love and adore her and her family for all their generous and selfless civil service would never tolerate such injustice against a timeless server of the people who worked tirelessly and diligently to ensure all her government polices were delivered with the utmost skill and care - the rice scheme, the tablet scheme, the flood management and compensation schemes to name but a few.

How many times did she attend parliament, chair meetings and was seen working long hard hours on matters of state?

The people will rise if this long time servant of the people is found guilty and punished for surely, all can see, she is so pious, hard working, honest, ethical and truly a woman of the common people, never flaunting her billionaire elitist status.

There, the fairy story has a nice ending now.

Yeah right - because all the masses, the vast majority of Thais, that love and adore her and her family for all their generous and selfless civil service would never tolerate such injustice against a timeless server of the people who worked tirelessly and diligently to ensure all her government polices were delivered with the utmost skill and care - the rice scheme, the tablet scheme, the flood management and compensation schemes to name but a few.

How many times did she attend parliament, chair meetings and was seen working long hard hours on matters of state?

The people will rise if this long time servant of the people is found guilty and punished for surely, all can see, she is so pious, hard working, honest, ethical and truly a woman of the common people, never flaunting her billionaire elitist status.

The yanks think its politically motivated (the trail )

Blind Freddy see its a stitch up.

Good luck with your happy junta outcome if they nail her .

I will put my money on sh&t hitting the fan .

It's also who you know .

She has friends still

post-219560-0-38045300-1451980622_thumb.

Just mix a few armed militants amongst the protesters to initiate the shooting, have your mercenary agitators stirring the unarmed to violence, and you have a great electoral ploy, claiming the government of the day are murderers. Worked once, why not again?

You might need to raise the per diem to B1000, but the jackpot payoffs for dead and wounded will ensure a good turnout.

BTW my g/f's NE family are still waiting the 10 times payment promised for the "donation" extorted from them. Apparently Yingluk winning wasn't good enough.

It's

Just mix a few armed militants amongst the protesters to initiate the shooting, have your mercenary agitators stirring the unarmed to violence, and you have a great electoral ploy, claiming the government of the day are murderers. Worked once, why not again?

You might need to raise the per diem to B1000, but the jackpot payoffs for dead and wounded will ensure a good turnout.

BTW my g/f's NE family are still waiting the 10 times payment promised for the "donation" extorted from them. Apparently Yingluk winning wasn't good enough.

No one disputes they killed over 100 red supporters in the streets of Bangkok.

It's puerile at best to spew pet hatreds and try casting the army ( of all people ) as the good guys

It's

It's puerile at best to spew pet hatreds and try casting the army ( of all people ) as the good guys

Diversion, diversion...

It's

I certainly dispute that figure. But don't let that stop you revising history.

The yanks think its politically motivated (the trail )

Blind Freddy see its a stitch up.

Good luck with your happy junta outcome if they nail her .

I will put my money on sh&t hitting the fan .

It's also who you know .

She has friends still

If Obama is her friend, there can only be one thing on his mind, and it isn't Michelle, after seeing that come hither look from Yingluck.

post-9891-0-22648600-1451992881_thumb.jp

Edited by ratcatcher