Contacts In Immigration

:D

Hi SBA

Recently within a week i came across a list of senior police officers who were available to contact in the event that any improper procedure was presented to a visa applicant.

I wish i had noted down the info at the time but my inet account ran dry. Its somewhere buried in these forums on marriage visas and ive tried everything to recall the data without success. It was in connection to the new clamp down on immigration corruption and i think it was a government sponsored list

Can anyone help (particularly for Suan Phlu)

cheers in advance

btw, i dont propose to use such info , but its nice to know just in case, and if i have to get my wife to use her thai ways in the event that i am subjected to improper criteria. It seems that the officers have not been properly briefed on the new regulations and are applying the old and the new arbitrarily - what a mess :o

:D

Hi SBA

Recently within a week i came across a list of senior police officers who were available to contact in the event that any improper procedure was presented to a visa applicant.

I wish i had noted down the info at the time but my inet account ran dry. Its somewhere buried in these forums on marriage visas and ive tried everything to recall the data without success. It was in connection to the new clamp down on immigration corruption and i think it was a government sponsored list

Can anyone help (particularly for Suan Phlu)

cheers in advance

btw, i dont propose to use such info , but its nice to know just in case, and if i have to get my wife to use her thai ways in the event that i am subjected to improper criteria. It seems that the officers have not been properly briefed on the new regulations and are applying the old and the new arbitrarily - what a mess :o

Let me guess. You are changing a tourist visa or a 30 day tourist visa exemption stamp, not doing a extension of stay at this point. The mess is Bangkok Immigration at the third floor is using old rules. No regulations on change of visa yet, so they follow the old rules and the first floor which does the extension of stay, follows the new regulations.

Sorry do not have a list. All of our lawyers though have favorite officers they use though. It just goes smoother, if they work together everyday.

If its the $ in the bank issue. Go out and get a "O" visa and then you can use the extension of stay( income regulation) or wait till Nov 15th whenm the new regulations are out on change of visas or 30 day tourist visa exemption stamps.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

• 1 month later...
If its the $ in the bank issue. Go out and get a "O" visa and then you can use the extension of stay( income regulation) or wait till Nov 15th whenm the new regulations are out on change of visas or 30 day tourist visa exemption stamps.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Hi Sunbelt, is there any news on the new changes due for the 15th? Thankyou.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Hi Sunbelt, is there any news on the new changes due for the 15th? Thankyou.

Sorry, no news yet.

www.sunbelt

SunBelt:

What changes are expected and to be reported in the next few days after Nov 15?

BR

That the change from a 30 day TVE or visa to another visa will have the same criteria as the extension of stay.

For instance a dependent of a retirement visa is not allowed to change to a "O" visa. However if they had a non immigrant visa, they can apply for the extension of stay as a dependent.

Another example, a married Foreigner to a Thai can change to a 90 day "O" visa with 400K in the bank or 40K salary per month. However they cannot apply for the extension of stay with 400K in the bank( unless they were grandfather in prior to Oct 1st.) The new change will only allow the salary not the money in the bank for new applicants.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com