How Long To Get A Schengen Visa

Done a search and got some useful information on Schengen visas but one thing (may have missed it) I didn't see and would appreciate input on is how long will it take to get a Schengen visit visa for the TGF?

By way of example last year we applied for a UK visit visa, the TGF was up early to lodge the visa application, she was number 9 in the que, was asked a few questions by the Embassy staff and 3 days later hey presto a UK visit visa type C Multiple entry. It helped that we were able to show a stable relationship for 3 years and had lived together in Abu Dhabi and Japan.

The uncertainty I have is how long does it take for a Schengen visa

Edited by eddie eagle

The visa must be issued by the Embassy of the country of initial entry into Europe so will depend on how quickly the embassy handles the application,I got one from the French Embassy in 3 days.The visa must also be issued in the country her passport was issued so you can't get a visa in London at a later date.

as it seems you're UK citizen you should have little problems & short waits in most schengen countries I can think of :D

in my case danish citizen resident in germany we waited few days for schengen 3months visa & just few weeks for subsequent permanent residence visa, while the standard deal for german nationals in germany is upto 1 year wait for a 1year temporary visa :D

so hurrah for the EU's free movement rules :o

Edited by worldfun

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of an update ... found out that we can apply for an unmarried partner visa to the UK for my TGF instead of the visit visa. Will this offer any benefits when applying for a Schengen visa? or will she still only be able to apply for the normal Schengen visa which gives 90 days in 6 month period?

Edited by eddie eagle