locked/stooped iphone 6 in uk.......can it be unlocked in thailand ?

dirtycash

i am thinking of buying an iphone 6 off a guy here in uk, the phone has been stopped either because the bill was not paid by the previous owner <removed>? but i do not know. the guy will give me a reciept if i buy it <removed> . reason i want to buy it my girl wants an iphone 6 and i can buy this hand set here for only £100 - 5000 thb

can this phone be unlocked in thailand if i bring it to tukcom or somewhere that deals in unlocking phones ?

thanks

Can you please clarify what do you want unlocked out of these 2 options ?

1. When you start the phone you get to a lock screen and you want to unlock that to access the phone ?
  2. You can access the phone but when you insert a Sim from your own provider it will not "accept" it ?

I took an iphone to Thailand last year.The phone provider said it was completely unlocked.They lied.I won't take another iPhone

To Thailand.Next tme I'm going to purchase A Motorola Moto X pure edition.They claim it's 100% unlocked.It also has good

Reviews.

From my own experience the unlocking service in Thailand isn't usually done correctly and can cause the phone to malfunction shortly after.

This is because they jailbreak the iPhone instead of unlocking and putting it back on a factory reset.

The correct way should be done by the original sim card provider that locked the phone in the first pace.

it says no service when its put on , does not recognise the sim, the contract carier was o2 network in uk. i take it the previous owner did not pay his bill and network provider o2 turned phone off via EMEI number so phone is locked down.

so can the tech guys in tukcom or anywhere else get the phone on again and working and switched to thai sim network . phone will never be back in uk.

Interesting that the OP asked the same question in this thread

Started by dirtycash, 2015-08-03 17:06
but hasn't bothered doing a site search to see if his question has been asked/answered previously on any of the forums
Started by Wopanese, 2013-11-14 12:27

but things may have changed a bit since then.

Oh, the lives of those who do perpetually do business on outskirts of normal commercial society.

Imei block can be changed but you will need someone who knoweth what he doing... Its illegal in most countries to alter an Imei but they used to do it by transferring the number of a cheap phone like a broken old Nokia into the stolen or blocked phone so it won't show up on the network as the blocked model , don't know if it can still be done but probably in mbk someone knows how to do it...