Leap year gives 1 bonus day on triple-entry TR visa?

I have a triple-entry TR visa and just noticed it's actually valid for 181 days, instead of 180.

It's issued 4 Sep 2015 and "enter before" is 3 Mar 2016. My previous triple-entry TR from 2014 was issued 3 Sep and "enter before" was 2 Mar 2015. So no matter if you read "enter before" as before that date or on that date, my current visa is valid for 1 day more than my previous one.

Is this common procedure or something that I need to sort out with immigration? Both of them was issued by the embassy in Stockholm.

Edited by mramazing

I doubt that will affect the amount of time you can stay in Thailand - 60 days per entry, with option to extend each for 30 days.

I didn't enter Thailand on the same date is was issued. In other words, I could do my last entry on that last bonus day.

I'm mostly curious if this happens every leap year?

I have a triple-entry TR visa and just noticed it's actually valid for 181 days, instead of 180.

It's issued 4 Sep 2015 and "enter before" is 3 Mar 2016. My previous triple-entry TR from 2014 was issued 3 Sep and "enter before" was 2 Mar 2015. So no matter if you read "enter before" as before that date or on that date, my current visa is valid for 1 day more than my previous one.

Is this common procedure or something that I need to sort out with immigration? It was issued by the embassy in Stockholm.

It is normal. The visa is valid for 6 months not a number of days.

• Like 1

I doubt that will affect the amount of time you can stay in Thailand - 60 days per entry, with option to extend each for 30 days.

I didn't enter Thailand on the same date is was issued. In other words, I could do my last entry on that last bonus day.

I'm mostly curious if this happens every leap year?

Maybe I wasn't clear.

There is no bonus day, as pointed out by another poster..

Even if there was a "bonus" day, it would not affect the actual number of days you can stay in Thailand - regardless of which day you entered.

• Like 1

It's issued 4 Sep 2015 and "enter before" is 3 Mar 2016.

Good observation tongue.png

Indeed the VALIDITY of visas are given in months.

Here 6 months.

With the usual count (incl. first and last day) it is 182 days BTW.

But the duration for admission to stay is counted in days.

Indeed you could do a border run on 3 Mar 2016 and get another 60 days with the option of extending for another 30 days.

But don't consider yourself too lucky as you have the (still) short month of February in your visa period!

If your visa would run from 4 July to 3 Jan it would be 184 days biggrin.png

Edited by KhunBENQ