Netflix has launched in Thailand

whimsy

Experience in Australia is that about 1.5Mb or better is needed. So most places on ADSL should be OK. Netflix will buffer and reduce quality to try to compensate for low speeds. Get a free 1 month trial and try it.

Depending on take up, the arrival of Netflix may impact overall net speeds for all. It had ISPs in Austrlalia scrambling to improve their bandwidth following Netflix turn on there. 'the Netflix effect' they termed it.

I doubt the uptake in Thailand will be that much - there's no Thai language support either in the interface or in the way of sub titles/dubs - so it's only for the select few that have good English skills.

Now that a VPN isn't needed, and thus my family are not limited to using it on the laptops, the next question becomes:

What's the cheapest decent box/dongle for Netflix?

The Roku's here are crazy prices, as is the new AppleTV, and the FireTV's aren't much better. As I understand it, each Netflx region has it's own unique decryption keys too, so I'd only be interested in something tried and tested with the new Thai service.

Has anyone got a streaming box they can confirm works with a Thai Netflix account?

Edited by IMHO

I've been using Netflix this morning on an M8S+ Android box. Works very well, the quality has been good for everything I looked at and no buffering. I finished watching the Making a Murderer Netflix series I was watching previously on Kodi. The picture quality is better than any links I could stream on Kodi.

There's no Thai language or subs though also the movie selection is pretty poor.

Looks decent for watching TV shows in HD even if most of them are not the latest episodes. Most of the HD links on Kodi don't work for me anymore so this will be a good alternative.