Los Angeles County prosecutors reject Cosby sex charges

webfact

Los Angeles County prosecutors reject Cosby sex charges

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles County prosecutors have declined to charge Bill Cosby with sexually abusing two teenagers in 1965 and 2008, citing time limits and a lack of evidence.

Wednesday's decision comes about a week after the 78-year-old comedian was charged with drugging and sexually assaulting a woman in 2004 inside his home near Philadelphia.

In LA County, the district attorney's office investigated allegations by a woman who claimed Cosby forced her to have sex at a Hollywood Hills home in 1965 when she was 17. Investigators also looked into claims by model Chloe Goins that she passed out at the Playboy Mansion in 2008 party and awoke to find herself naked with Cosby biting her toe.

Cosby attorney Monique Pressley says the DA's office fairly evaluated the facts and came to the right conclusion.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-01-07

Money talks - wonder who he paid off?

I don't think money changed hands. It would simply be impossible to prove that there was sexual abuse in 1965. The 2008 case might be different, but also there sexual abuse would be difficult to prove.

The courts have failed once again and Cosby thinks he is getting off free but truth is he has so many folks who loathe him at this point for the countless charges against him, he would be better off in solitary confinement where he would be oblivious to the outside world who will be collectively hating him for his atrocities. I write this with some compassion who brought laughter and joy to many but who brought sorrow and anguish to that many more.

How can there even be a case for something that allegedly happened 51 years ago??

And the case from 2008 - in the OP it says she ''awoke to find herself naked with Cosby biting her toe" - and what happened then? She fell asleep again for 7 years?

I can accept the fact that a person that was sexually assaulted might be under a lot of stress and find it hard to file a complaint immediately after the assault, but how can you actually PROVE anything one way or another so long after the fact?

Money talks - wonder who he paid off?

Let us never forget, O.J. bought his way out of murder charges in LA county. To say the system there is compromised would be an engagement in diplomacy.

What?? You mean corruption and favoritism exist outside Thailand?? Hopefully when some TV regulars read that someone will be on hand who knows CPR.

Then there's the "affluenza" kid who killed 4 people while driving drunk but was only given probation because his lawyer argued that "he was too spoiled to know right from wrong." And while on probation he ran away to Mexico.

Edited by Suradit69

The courts have failed once again and Cosby thinks he is getting off free but truth is he has so many folks who loathe him at this point for the countless charges against him, he would be better off in solitary confinement where he would be oblivious to the outside world who will be collectively hating him for his atrocities. I write this with some compassion who brought laughter and joy to many but who brought sorrow and anguish to that many more.

I have no sympathy when someone is found guilty as charged. But, in common with others who have been charged years after the alleged events, he has yet to be found guilty. Or do you always assume that, if a woman (or women) says it happened, it must be true?

I have no sympathy when someone is found guilty as charged. But, in common with others who have been charged years after the alleged events, he has yet to be found guilty. Or do you always assume that, if a woman (or women) says it happened, it must be true?

Especially ones who goes to the Playboy Mansion. For what? To advance there careers? How do they plan to do that? With a smile and being just another pretty face?

I think a lot of these women are not as innocent as they claim to be. Does it really surprise anyone that a model that goes to the Playboy Mansion for a party and that something sexual happens to her later? It is not a Church Social she is going to so what does she expect?

I think a lot of these woman go to places like this to snag someone rich and famous possibly to advance there career or marriage. Finding someone for sex at a party in not new and certainly not for the Playboy Mansion. Passing out probably isn't either. I say don't play with fire if you don' want to get burned. If you are willing to sleep with Wolves don't scream Wolf later, and expect everyone to come running.