local election vote buying still rampant

moon0205

Just tried without success to identify a phone number for contacting the right agency if vote buying happens in changwat Udon Thani. In this case it concerns the election of a phuyai baan.

We saw now and then phone numbers being published, but they seemed not to work.

If anyone can name a functioning number, some people would be glad to use it.

Thank you.

Just because you post a question doesn't mean that you get to set the rules for responses. Such is life.

proves that you are a similarly twisted person, rude as the ones before you.

you fit into the same drawer.

Welcome to the forum, Moon. This can be a rough place if you don't have a rather flexible outlook and a twisted sense of humor. No one means you ill by it but every forum develops its own culture.

Most of the guys on here are former SAS or Navy Seals cheesy.gif or so they say. smile.png

Stick around and learn to give as well as you get. You would get moderated for flaming others so you need to dance around that.

There is so much great information on this site about Thailand and SE Asia that it's well worth reading. Just don't always expect to get a sober answer because ^^^ "These GuysTM" ^^^ are probably posting from a bar stool on Walking Street with the other Navy Seals. coffee1.gif

Cheers. smile.png

฿100 plus a can of beer? Oh dear.

If only.

In many places the chosen PuuYaiBan is funded by the local Kamnan or head of Tessaban. They get their cronies in all of the villages and then they can run the whole area, as every vote for future projects will be a resounding YES.

Last year the going rate for the vote in the village where I live was anything from 2500 to 3500 baht.

Edited by puchooay

In my Tessaban, my wife's good friend was the Orbator, and did a good job. The next election someone else bought his way in. The roads started to fall in disrepair, and we're not fixed, the new roads built fell apart after a year, the place was a mess. The next election he wasn't even able to buy himself in, my wife's friend got elected again. Three weeks later after the rainy season was over, the roads were repaired and have been kept repaired, the place runs great. Money can only get you so far, if you don't do the job, the people will boot you out.

Edited by Issangeorge

As a foreigner I would not be placing myself in the position of handing out a phone number to Thai people so they can report vote buying. Not my circus, not my monkeys.

spot on spokane not our place to get involved its there culture and besides the guy that is buying in our village does a bloody good job taking care of the people