Drunk cabbie crashes into motorbike, punches cop on Sutthisan

snoop1130

More ''Thainess'' on show for the world to see !

The world really doesn't care about Thailand. It is an insignificant little country isolated by a language no-one else understands, plays no part on the world stage and has never invented anything at all to give to the world.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reminds me of a conversation I had with my mate Rob when he was driving us to the pub

Me "Whatever happened to Dave"

Rob "He got pulled over by the police for speeding, knocked one of them out and broke the other one's nose. Got 5 years"

Me "Unlucky"

At which point - my mate Rob nearly crashed the car laughing..... It was easy to set him off though....

Me "Hows' that refit of Tesco's going?" (he was managing the electrics installation)

Rob "Good, there's this really cute girl on the Fish counter, but she's not interested"

Me "Gutted".

Off he went again...

I don't think so. Some just think drinking alcohol past ones tolerance, then acting like a fool is fun. That stupid minority doesn't represent the majority.

None of that 'happens in every country' bull either, as this is a thailand news forum.

True it is a Thai News Forum but many of the Thai haters like to suggest that antisocial behavior is uniquely Thai. Of course it doesn't, as reports of two young men badly injured in Australia by "sucker punches" attest. The fact is most of the Thai haters suggest no realistic way of curbing these things.

Bring on more posts pointing out that it happens in other countries - it puts these issues into some perspective

Oh yes,...for you every drunk is a representative of he's country ??? and how about the next taxi driver who was not drunk not Thainess ?

and that nurse who saved a Farang's life on the street last week after he got a heart attack Not Thainess for you ?!?!?!?

A couple of months ago a drunk driver killed 3 girls on bicycles in my European country would that be Europianness ???

Most people never think before they post nonsense....like you did... Just another bit of garbage added to the vast trash-can that the internet has become....

Particularly like the last sentence though it would have been perfect if you had added the word "hypocrisy".

This guy will end up in jail pretty quick.

But what about the drunk, Ferrari driving, energy drink heir, is he in jail yet ?

No, just caught it on this morning's news, a 500 baht fine and the cop says he forgives him.

Hardly worth all the trouble

Ha ha! 500 baht is about the same as not wearing your helmet.

I can't believe how the police officer backed away and went for his hat. An officer in the states would have taken his teeth out. Seems like they have little training in how to defend themselves.

Police " training " in Thailand is about how to shake down businesses

and set up checkpoints to rake money in....

No need for self defense, as the Thai people are basically terrified of

the police since in essence they have unlimited power. Think of them

as mafia in nice uniforms , and you will be closer to the truth. Although

this policeman trying to save the shreds of his dignity by keeping his

hat on is pretty amusing....

I don't think so. Some just think drinking alcohol past ones tolerance, then acting like a fool is fun. That stupid minority doesn't represent the majority.

None of that 'happens in every country' bull either, as this is a thailand news forum.

True it is a Thai News Forum but many of the Thai haters like to suggest that antisocial behavior is uniquely Thai. Of course it doesn't, as reports of two young men badly injured in Australia by "sucker punches" attest. The fact is most of the Thai haters suggest no realistic way of curbing these things.

Bring on more posts pointing out that it happens in other countries - it puts these issues into some perspective

So.........if Thailand is compared to a sub Saharan African country, it looks great.

If it is compared to Switzerland it looks like crap. So in the end what the hell is

the point to compare what happens here to any other country?? So I say just

let the ongoing bizarre events that happen here stand on their own. This guy

must have been really drunk, because any sober Thai that punches a policeman

has virtually signed his death sentence !! clap2.gif

The world really doesn't care about Thailand. It is an insignificant little country isolated by a language no-one else understands, plays no part on the world stage and has never invented anything at all to give to the world.

You wish...

But what about the drunk, Ferrari driving, energy drink heir, is he in jail yet ?

No, just caught it on this morning's news, a 500 baht fine and the cop says he forgives him.

I can't believe how the police officer backed away and went for his hat. An officer in the states would have taken his teeth out. Seems like they have little training in how to defend themselves.

He would be dead if he had a good suntan.

Didn't they invent Thainess.

most cops in thailand are just little people trying to feed their family on a small salary. most are overweight (just like in USA) and not tough guys unlike some wannabe tvf machos. i have met plenty of friendly cops here, understanding, caring and good-hearted. the guy in the clip doesn't fight back which i respect, he keeps his cool and dignity and probably thinks "not going to get into a fight for this lousy salary".

For everyone who has read this post, this is such an important issue to remember, 500 baht fine (<deleted>) This is why it is so important, never get in any kind of confrontation, run as fast as possible, smile even if your right, never argue! What happened to impounding vehicles and taking drivers licence, was that just for the 5 days over the New Years. The rest of the year kill people on the roads? To allow people to continue to drive a vehicle responsible for transporting people while drunk, attack police and hit a motorbike, this is insane?

Not sure about that where did " boom boom" come from, still not sure what it means!

According to my teerak, the cabbie slept off the drinking binge in jail, awoke the next day, and claimed he had no knowledge of what happened.

"Where am I? What am I doing here. How did I get here?" What a load of BS.

Ok. 2000 THB for 'drink driving' and 500 THB for punching a cop. Bad! Don't do it again.

I also watched an out of control, 60's age group Brit running amok, tearing wing mirrors off cars and smashing windscreens. The Thai police just stood back and watched him while he was inflicting all this property damage. It was like they were too frightened to step in in case they got their uniforms dirty.

Edited by giddyup

And these are the people we trust with our lives?

Maybe you do but i don't , i will take a cab though

Maybe you trust them, but I sure as hell do NOT. facepalm.gifcoffee1.gif

Every time you get in a taxi, you're putting your life in their hands. The vast majority of the taxis I get way out in the suburbs seem pretty decent and drive fairly well. Don't even want to mention the ones in the centre around Silom Sukumvit etc.

He won't go to jail, I've seen it on TV, he said sorry sorry, and the police man answered OK no problem any more.

This has nothing to do with "Thainess" it is a problem relating to Drunks which can be seen in every country.

Sorry to correct youwink.png

It has everything to do with Thainess, it is a problem relating to ThaiVisa which can be seen in every OP tongue.png

for now.

won't be surprised if this cabbie has some bad luck in the near future.

that's what cops do in most places. that's what should have happened to the kid who was coked up and racing his ferrari and ran down a policeman while on duty

Such ignorance is getting tiresome. But what do you expect from low-life farangs who are often drunk, pedophiles and child molestors...Farangness

"Lol" I just love posts like that one !! The IQ with some posters here really are in the single digits area for sure.

Maybe you do but i don't , i will take a cab though

Maybe you trust them, but I sure as hell do NOT. facepalm.gifcoffee1.gif

Every time you get in a taxi, you're putting your life in their hands. The vast majority of the taxis I get way out in the suburbs seem pretty decent and drive fairly well. Don't even want to mention the ones in the centre around Silom Sukumvit etc.

don't be a drama queen, how many people die in a taxi on a daily basis

Oh yes,...for you every drunk is a representative of he's country ??? and how about the next taxi driver who was not drunk not Thainess ?

and that nurse who saved a Farang's life on the street last week after he got a heart attack Not Thainess for you ?!?!?!?

A couple of months ago a drunk driver killed 3 girls on bicycles in my European country would that be Europianness ???

Most people never think before they post nonsense....like you did... Just another bit of garbage added to the vast trash-can that the internet has become....

if the drunk taxi driver is a representative of his country, how about the drunken brits who wonder the street of soi four and sukhumvit half naked and drunk as a skunk, what about the aussies who do the same thing yelling and shouting all those quaint sayings that no ne can understand? or the rest of the european falangs who come over here to get drunk, get laid, and get robbed? the sooner this gutter trash goes back to their country the better off the rest of us who live here will be!

What are you talking about, this man is in charge of a motor vehicle, possibly one of the first people a tourist will see outside of the airport, and he is in charge of transporting them possibly a family to their hotel Yes he is representative of this country, and should be held accountable properly for his actions! Further all these European Australian American British etc etc etc tourists that flock to Bangkok to party is their own business, the city caters for them so why not?