Drunk cabbie crashes into motorbike, punches cop on Sutthisan

snoop1130

The phrase 'an intoxicated taxi driver' suggests that some taxi drivers in Bangkok are not intoxicated, and wow, that's a surprise.

I've taken taxis in Bangkok for over 40 years and have yet to remember a time when the driver had a normal behaviour. Of course, nowadays, thanks to the BTS and MRT, I avoid taking BKK taxis whenever possible, but if I have to take one, I NEVER step in without some form of apprehension.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More ''Thainess'' on show for the world to see !

Oh yes,...for you every drunk is a representative of he's country ??? and how about the next taxi driver who was not drunk not Thainess ?

and that nurse who saved a Farang's life on the street last week after he got a heart attack Not Thainess for you ?!?!?!?

A couple of months ago a drunk driver killed 3 girls on bicycles in my European country would that be Europianness ???

Most people never think before they post nonsense....like you did... Just another bit of garbage added to the vast trash-can that the internet has become....

Must agree that his statement could have read better. Should have said; The usual "Thainess" on show for the world to see,

Such ignorance is getting tiresome. But what do you expect from low-life farangs who are often drunk, pedophiles and child molestors...Farangness

You're liked by Tchooptip and Squeegee. So there's more than one of you out there.

Just another case of Thai people who do not respect the police or any Thai authority! Thailand biggest problem because they know they will not be given a large fine and if the get one they just do not pay it!

Anyone caught a tuk tuk up around Soi 20 on an evening...those blokes are as high as a kite on that cheap ethanol moonshine they swig on.

The guy that took me down to Nana the other week when I couldn't get a taxi was worse than me..and I was hammered!drunk.gif

After watching this video, I can't stop myself from laughing. This cop seems really scared for the drunk taxi driver, and let's the motorbike cabbies take care of business. He is more interested that his cap stays on his "brave" head...

That is because if you know Suthisan and the Bangsue area, the motorbike taxis keep a very close relationship with the cops. I lived on Bangsue 4 years and can tell you it is the most brutal police station in the city. Prostitution is very much between Thais and their is more money to be made on gambling on Suthisan after Rachada then on Sukhumvit.

Why did't the cop handcuff him after the beating?

I only see him leaving it to the mc taxi guys two deal with the crazy taxi driver.

Another BIB coward who don't have a clue what to do when things get out of control.

He won't go to jail, I've seen it on TV, he said sorry sorry, and the police man answered OK no problem any more.

of course he won't. no matter how bitter some farang may be here on tvf, thai society is still rather cool hence i'm here and not in nanny-state. respect to the copper for keeping his cool and understanding the context ("life sux and then u die") of his fellow man! wai.gif

Any chance you can explain what being thai has got to do with this? Or is it just because your a bit of a doughnut who doesn't know what he's on about!

me thinks he's just a dougnut. thainess as we all know is: don't take things too seriously and so did the copper as well as the cabby.

him solly, him solly...

which is exactly why i love it here.

Calling a Bangkok taxi car driver a Cabbie is an insult to London's finest...

Cabbie first used to refer to drivers of Hansom Cab's...

Cab is a shortening of cabriolet, reflecting the design of the carriage. It replaced the hackney carriage as a vehicle for hire; with the introduction of clockwork mechanicaltaximeters to measure fares, the name became taxicab.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hansom_cab

post-20091-0-61706000-1452273249_thumb.j

Edited by Basil B

Any chance you can explain what being thai has got to do with this? Or is it just because your a bit of a doughnut who doesn't know what he's on about!

me thinks he's just a dougnut. thainess as we all know is: don't take things too seriously and so did the copper as well as the cabby.

him solly, him solly...

which is exactly why i love it here.

Mmm........ a nice thought until you or a family member become a victim of crime? coffee1.gif

Oh yes,...for you every drunk is a representative of he's country ??? and how about the next taxi driver who was not drunk not Thainess ?

and that nurse who saved a Farang's life on the street last week after he got a heart attack Not Thainess for you ?!?!?!?

A couple of months ago a drunk driver killed 3 girls on bicycles in my European country would that be Europianness ???

Most people never think before they post nonsense....like you did... Just another bit of garbage added to the vast trash-can that the internet has become....

if the drunk taxi driver is a representative of his country, how about the drunken brits who wonder the street of soi four and sukhumvit half naked and drunk as a skunk, what about the aussies who do the same thing yelling and shouting all those quaint sayings that no ne can understand? or the rest of the european falangs who come over here to get drunk, get laid, and get robbed? the sooner this gutter trash goes back to their country the better off the rest of us who live here will be!

No comment, only! clap2.gif

if the drunk taxi driver is a representative of his country, how about the drunken brits who wonder the street of soi four and sukhumvit half naked and drunk as a skunk, what about the aussies who do the same thing yelling and shouting all those quaint sayings that no ne can understand? or the rest of the european falangs who come over here to get drunk, get laid, and get robbed? the sooner this gutter trash goes back to their country the better off the rest of us who live here will be!

And you are NOT European, Aussie or Brit bashing? whistling.gif

Drunk driving, driving a PSV under the influence, assaulting a police officer, causing a collision while intoxicated (or undue care and attention / dangerous driving) failing to stop. That's without the possible faults on the vehicle.

Fined 500 baht. A real deterrent I'm sure.

Well if u don't like to read other people's opinions then why waste ur time coming on Thai visa? Stay propped up on ur bar stool.