Drunk cabbie crashes into motorbike, punches cop on Sutthisan

snoop1130

Drunk cabbie crashes into motorbike, punches cop on Sutthisan
Coconuts Bangkok

screenshot_3.jpg
Screenshot of the video showing the attack. Photo: Wirat Manadamrongtham/ Youlike

BANGKOK -- An intoxicated taxi driver was arrested yesterday on Sutthisan road after he crashed into a motorbike and then attacked a police officer.

A video, which went viral yesterday, shows taxi driver Preecha Ingwa, 50, punching a cop before a gang of motorcycle-taxi drivers, who had been observing the scene, seized him and pretty much saved the day.

Pol.Sen.Sgt.Maj. Chumphol Channilla, the officer in the video, said he was following the taxi because he suspected the driver was intoxicated, but the cabbie would not stop and tried to shake off the cop -- until he crashed his taxi into a motorbike.

Full Story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/01/07/drunk-cabbie-crashes-motorbike-punches-cop-sutthisan-video

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-01-07

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More ''Thainess'' on show for the world to see !

Oh yes,...for you every drunk is a representative of he's country ??? and how about the next taxi driver who was not drunk not Thainess ?

and that nurse who saved a Farang's life on the street last week after he got a heart attack Not Thainess for you ?!?!?!?

A couple of months ago a drunk driver killed 3 girls on bicycles in my European country would that be Europianness ???

Most people never think before they post nonsense....like you did... Just another bit of garbage added to the vast trash-can that the internet has become....

Edited by off road pat

This guy will end up in jail pretty quick.

But what about the drunk, Ferrari driving, energy drink heir, is he in jail yet ?

No, just caught it on this morning's news, a 500 baht fine and the cop says he forgives him.

But what about the drunk, Ferrari driving, energy drink heir, is he in jail yet ?

No, just caught it on this morning's news, a 500 baht fine and the cop says he forgives him.

Hardly worth all the trouble

Oh yes,...for you every drunk is a representative of he's country ??? and how about the next taxi driver who was not drunk not Thainess ?

and that nurse who saved a Farang's life on the street last week after he got a heart attack Not Thainess for you ?!?!?!?

A couple of months ago a drunk driver killed 3 girls on bicycles in my European country would that be Europianness ???

Most people never think before they post nonsense....like you did... Just another bit of garbage added to the vast trash-can that the internet has become....

I think what he is referring to; Thailand's tourism industry collects approx 2.5 Trillion Baht annually which is approx 20% GDP. I think its extremely bad press to hear of a drunk crazy taxi driver attacking police, what would he do to a tourist? Taxi's are a main form of transport for tourists and business travelers! With all the bad press, suicidal lunatic mini van drivers, a fair share of crazy rip of taxi drivers, heaped on top of all the other bad press related to tourism! The roads in Thailand urgently need to be cleaned up! Thai nature or identity: khwamphenthai (Thainess).

Majority of the Thais have already lost touch to the outside world. Their lives and mentality only applicable to their own 'lock-down" society.

"Already lost touch" assumes that they were once in touch.

Ha ha! 500 baht is about the same as not wearing your helmet.

I can't believe how the police officer backed away and went for his hat. An officer in the states would have taken his teeth out. Seems like they have little training in how to defend themselves.

Well said

I have no idea what this guy will receive for his actions but if you hit a policeman anywhere in the West you would definitely regret it big time. It just highlights how some people, not everyone, respect the police. It also shows how the police do not appear to be capable of handling just one person. Why do the police not have a Taser for such incidents?

if the drunk taxi driver is a representative of his country, how about the drunken brits who wonder the street of soi four and sukhumvit half naked and drunk as a skunk, what about the aussies who do the same thing yelling and shouting all those quaint sayings that no ne can understand? or the rest of the european falangs who come over here to get drunk, get laid, and get robbed? the sooner this gutter trash goes back to their country the better off the rest of us who live here will be!

Ha ha! 500 baht is about the same as not wearing your helmet.

I can't believe how the police officer backed away and went for his hat. An officer in the states would have taken his teeth out. Seems like they have little training in how to defend themselves.

I can take my teeth out but I don't see how that would help me in a fight.

I don't think so. Some just think drinking alcohol past ones tolerance, then acting like a fool is fun. That stupid minority doesn't represent the majority.

None of that 'happens in every country' bull either, as this is a thailand news forum.