Swiss woman abducted for 2nd time in northern Mali

rooster59

Swiss woman abducted for 2nd time in northern Mali

BABA AHMED, Associated Press

BAMAKO, Mali (AP) — A Swiss woman who had been briefly abducted back in 2012 was kidnapped again by suspected jihadists who scaled the walls of her home in northern Mali in the middle of the night, authorities said Friday.

Witnesses say Beatrice Stockly's door was found open Friday morning in Timbuktu, the town where she returned the year after her first kidnapping. Footprints in the sand showed where the attackers had apparently jumped the walls of her home.

"People were sleeping but neighbors heard the noise — the woman screamed a lot," said Bilal Mahamane Traore, a town councilor in Timbuktu. "Not a single neighbor, though, called security forces."

It was unclear which group was responsible.

Switzerland's Foreign Ministry said it is aware of a "suspected kidnapping of a female Swiss national in Mali."

Stockly, a Christian, remained in Timbuktu even after it fell to al-Qaida-linked extremists in 2012. She was abducted that April and ended up in the hands of extremist group Ansar Dine.

She was freed some 10 days later after a mediation effort led by neighboring Burkina Faso, and ultimately returned to Timbuktu the following year after the town was freed in a French-led military effort.

Stockly was accused by the Islamists of proselytizing for Christianity and warned that she would be executed if she ever tried to return to Timbuktu.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-01-08

Yeah, after being abducted the first time I think I couldn't head home quick enough.

Why do foreigners always want to put themselves in harms way? Are they telling themselves, "I'm a good person here doing good things for the people, they won't hurt me.". Living in a fairy tale.

These people are deadly serious when it comes to their belligerent intolerance for any other religion...

This same mentality will soon rear it's ugly head in Europe, US, and other parts of the world as Islam positions itself to rule the world under rigid Sharia Law...

Who is to blame? Those who meddled in ME affairs with little understanding of the evil being unleashed...

These people are deadly serious when it comes to their belligerent intolerance for any other religion...

This same mentality will soon rear it's ugly head in Europe, US, and other parts of the world as Islam positions itself to rule the world under rigid Sharia Law...

Who is to blame? Those who meddled in ME affairs with little understanding of the evil being unleashed...

This same mentality will soon rear it's ugly head in Europe, US, and other parts of the world as Islam positions itself to rule the world under rigid Sharia Law...---

The sharia boys are working fast and furious this week. I don't think this woman would have even generated a topic had she not been so dense as to walk so willingly into the lion's jaws again. Her time might have gone to the shoot up at the Egyptian resort, which apparently has become so commonplace that it's hardly noticed in the news. When news of violence becomes commonplace, you can start to call it "insurrection" or "warfare."