More great stuff for kids - Swiss Sheep Farm

prk888

There is a new (opened this year) sheep farm as above. It’s near the Golden Buddha/Silverlake area

Going south on Sukhumvit turn left at the new BMW showrooms (on the right at the traffic lights). Then about 4kms on the right

Looks very impressive for kids and competition for Greta Farm indeed. Large car park which will be too small soon !

Thai adults B90 (farang drivers licence OK) and free kids.

Farangs at B180 adults and B150 kids

Poor little Wonder Farm will have to reinvent itself again

The whole Silverlake is undergoing massive growth – new resorts etc etc

The new Water Park close by looks well on its way

Passed by there the other night and it was all lit up, looks beautiful

The huge area at the back of Silver Lakes on the road to Wat Yaan has been cleared, presumably by Silver Lakes people, any idea what is planned there?

not sure but i personally reckon an impressive hotel resort. They have the wherewithal

The food stores and elephants have all moved nearby

Huge areas have been cleared of vegetation. The whole are has changed sad.png

The huge area at the back of Silver Lakes on the road to Wat Yaan has been cleared, presumably by Silver Lakes people, any idea what is planned there?

I was told, a new golf course. Just what this world needs, eh? IMHO a shame and too bad, this was a lovely stretch of basically unspoiled land. But alas development, 'progress' and commerce push on. Some people I am sure will be happy about it.

Edited by peeba7

I was told, a new golf course. Just what this world needs, eh? IMHO a shame and too bad, this was a lovely stretch of basically unspoiled land. But alas development, 'progress' and commerce push on. Some people I am sure will be happy about it.

yes a golf course was my first thought but then the quantity of variously located piling gear noticed on a slow drive-by changed my mind. We'll see soon no doubt

My urge to visit has already been tempered.

n other respects it is very similar to the Pattaya Sheep Farm, but with more faux-European buildings, for which you will pay a much higher entrance fee; especially if you are not Thai. Yep, it’s the old double pricing trick with the board at the ticket office recording and entry price of 90 baht in Thai script; but 180 baht for the rest of us (the Pattaya Sheep Farm is 50 baht, for everyone). With my Thai driving licence I could get the Thai price; but the double-pricing rankles and makes it difficult to recommend as somewhere to visit.

n other respects it is very similar to the Pattaya Sheep Farm, but with more faux-European buildings, for which you will pay a much higher entrance fee; especially if you are not Thai. Yep, it’s the old double pricing trick with the board at the ticket office recording and entry price of 90 baht in Thai script; but 180 baht for the rest of us (the Pattaya Sheep Farm is 50 baht, for everyone). With my Thai driving licence I could get the Thai price; but the double-pricing rankles and makes it difficult to recommend as somewhere to visit.

Yep

The Old sheep Farm , is cheap 50 baht and perfect for the kids,

why go this new place, if there will be loads of tour buses going, its a big no no for me.

Had enough of the flag waving sheep with same colour shirts and hats !!!!!!!

but im sure they will feel at home there.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gigglem.gif

Double pricing, that can get stuffed as well.

Old sheep Farm, very pleasant day out., great place wai2.gif

Edited by onemorechang

I was there on 1-2 January, the place is near my home so I had to give it go. It is not bad. With the DL you get the Thai price but I also dislike the double pricing system.

This place even made the effort to announce the Thai prices in full words instead of using thai digits.

For the children, one round on the horse (2-3 minutes) cost 100 THB - also not cheap.

It is ok if you have young children otherwise I would not bother. I visited the Swiss alps already so I don't need a Facebook selfie with a fake Swiss village and a couple of old US Pickups.

In the past I was a few times at Greta Farm. I liked that place more, they also have a decent restaurant.

Yes I went by there the other day to try and beat the traffic on Suk

Noted that they have removed all the Thai shops that sold cheap food and snacks to visitors across the street at Golden Buddha Mountain

I guess that they are trying to force visitors to go to the Silver Lake Mediterranean style restaurant

Also noted that they have installed bike lanes on both sides of the road that protect cyclists from traffic using low barriers, of course all the cyclists I saw were riding on the highway anyway

I guess you can lead a horse to water but can't make them drink ,or in this case, try and make something safe and they will ignore it

I'd love to know what they have planned for that massive plot of farmland that they have cleared.

My heart sunk when I saw it.

Various areas have been sectioned off with a numbering system so it could be more construction.

I understand that any planning permission has to go through the Navy but that may not be a barrier when you see the tower boing up smack bang in the middle of Bang Saray beachfront