I need somebody to push me...

AppleWedges

...off the edge when I go bungy jumping this week.

I am a solo travller from the states, just arriving in Chiang Mai today.

I am super amped about being here for the next 6 weeks!!! I have an insane bucket list of stuff I want to do. Everything from temples, to treks, extreme sports, and more. I am also the biggest foodie and totally looking to hit some good joints.

But back to the push. I figure I mine as well jump into this (literally) head on. And would love to just experience Chiang Mai to the fullest. If you have anything you've been dying to do, we'll just add it to the list of awesomeness : )

-Jasmine

Being a Kiwi some think that this is all second nature to us, but if youre here to do an adrenaline rush type of thing then you might be a little disappointed.

Possibly the safest bungy jump would be at the XCentre out in Mae Rim. Ian (a fellow kiwi) runs the place with his Thai wife. Dont worry you wont get a chance to hesitate...you will jump, possibly with a slight shove. Its all good equipment there and no accidents have been recorded in the 3 years Ive been here.

Then there are zip lines, that have been in operation for a few years. Ive been watching these for a while and have yet to partake. My advise would be to go and look first. Safety is not always at the forefront. Then once you have seen first hand you can make a decision. It is a fun activity but be careful of crowds.

On the other hand, a holiday doesnt have to be all hype. A 24 to 48 hr break out on Mae Nat dam (Close to Mae Tang) is a very good break too. You can take your own booze and spend time on a floating house/restaurant and truely relax. No cellphone or internet coverage. Watewr is warm and normally they will have a high diving platform on their rig. The main rule for these places is the more the merrier. A boat will take you out and bring you back. Great experience.

If you want to know more then let me know.

Nice first post Jasmine,

The most extremely sporty thing I have done in CM is Mtn Bike trip down from Doi Pui, it exceeded my abilities and I paid the pain price but felt a great deal of accomplishment by simply surviving.

Unfortunate we are in a dry period as white water rafting can get pretty exciting depending on the conditions. Some companies are now doing tubing here, not experienced that but has potential for fun.

You will meet many others doing the same as you surely they will have more advice and ideas, have a great trip and report back on your adventures.

Being a Kiwi some think that this is all second nature to us, but if youre here to do an adrenaline rush type of thing then you might be a little disappointed.

Possibly the safest bungy jump would be at the XCentre out in Mae Rim. Ian (a fellow kiwi) runs the place with his Thai wife. Dont worry you wont get a chance to hesitate...you will jump, possibly with a slight shove. Its all good equipment there and no accidents have been recorded in the 3 years Ive been here.

Then there are zip lines, that have been in operation for a few years. Ive been watching these for a while and have yet to partake. My advise would be to go and look first. Safety is not always at the forefront. Then once you have seen first hand you can make a decision. It is a fun activity but be careful of crowds.

On the other hand, a holiday doesnt have to be all hype. A 24 to 48 hr break out on Mae Nat dam (Close to Mae Tang) is a very good break too. You can take your own booze and spend time on a floating house/restaurant and truely relax. No cellphone or internet coverage. Watewr is warm and normally they will have a high diving platform on their rig. The main rule for these places is the more the merrier. A boat will take you out and bring you back. Great experience.

One caution is he says he is a foodie. There are weight restrictions on some of those attractions. I would also like to mention the Segway just up the street to the next corner from McDonalds on the moat. Looks interesting.

very brave to indulge in ANYthing as risky as bungee jumping in Thailand considering their lack of safety awareness and zero procedures. Take care and don't take risks!

Lack of safety awareness and zero proceedures out at the X Centre??? Are you serious? Have you been to the X Centre?

If you do actually go there then you will learn that they do in fact have safety awareness and proceedures...not just in their bungy jump activity but also off road motorbikes and ATVs.

Or are you purely referring to the zip line activities?

Ian would be extremely shocked to hear someone say thay they have no proceedures in their business. Perhaps that why they dont have any accidents too?

very brave to indulge in ANYthing as risky as bungee jumping in Thailand considering their lack of safety awareness and zero procedures. Take care and don't take risks!

Lack of safety awareness and zero proceedures out at the X Centre??? Are you serious? Have you been to the X Centre?

If you do actually go there then you will learn that they do in fact have safety awareness and proceedures...not just in their bungy jump activity but also off road motorbikes and ATVs.

Ian would be extremely shocked to hear someone say thay they have no proceedures in their business. Perhaps that why they dont have any accidents too?

this particular place was not mentioned by the OP only by YOU and my comment was general so your 'shock' is unwarranted as you raised this particular business yourself as you obviously have a connection to it

this particular place was not mentioned by the OP only by YOU and my comment was general so your 'shock' is unwarranted as you raised this particular business yourself as you obviously have a connection to it

That is correct this place wasnt mentioned by the OP, however as the subject moved along and people commented on this and that you mentioned bungy jumping after I had mentioned this activity at the X Centre.

I dont think its too difficult to see a connection with what was previously written and your follow up comments.

My only connection to the X Centre is that I know Ian, one of the owners whom is very aware of safety requirements (Based on Kiwi safety requirements which I might add are a lot more stringent than some other countries).

The OP asked for activities to do in CM, and I responded to that. There was/is no other alterior motive or financial interest from me.

That is correct this place wasnt mentioned by the OP, however as the subject moved along and people commented on this and that you mentioned bungy jumping after I had mentioned this activity at the X Centre.

I dont think its too difficult to see a connection with what was previously written and your follow up comments.

My only connection to the X Centre is that I know Ian, one of the owners whom is very aware of safety requirements (Based on Kiwi safety requirements which I might add are a lot more stringent than some other countries).

The OP asked for activities to do in CM, and I responded to that. There was/is no other alterior motive or financial interest from me.

good... anyway my comments were general and why risk it? but 'up to you'

It's a lot safer than riding a motorcycle. Which lots of people do. If you rent and ride a bike out ot the X Center I'd be most concerned about the trip there and back, not so much the jump with all excellent equipment and procedures.

Anyway, great if you can post pictures!! Would love to see those. :thumbsup:

One caution is he says he is a foodie. There are weight restrictions on some of those attractions. I would also like to mention the Segway just up the street to the next corner from McDonalds on the moat. Looks interesting.

You're not paying attention, again, John, are You? JASMINE sends HER regards...

@Jasmine try DK David's kitchen, it's on TripAdvisor as are many other worthwhile places that offer many cuisines. You will tire of Pad Thai if you stay long Enough! Also try the local Lanna specialties, all over google. Bon Appetit!

Also, please do avoid motorised bike hire at all costs. About 71 people die here every day, 82% on bikes. You'll have heard about that poor lass who needs A neg. blood, it happens all the time, just rarely goes viral. Keep your thrills blood Free!