History repeating itself in Thailand

mmh8

I was psewaking to the missis the other day about Europe in th3 30- 40s and about hate speech, patriotism the other day.

She came back to me after watching thai tv ( i.e. free ones, not movies, sky etc) for 3 or 4 days. and told me the big hats on every thai channel-

every day talking about patriotism evils carried out by other nations.

it is military speak as this is whayt they do with new recruits in every country they subject them to how good their country is, how much better than others they are and how many glorious battles have been one. Well I guess unless they are talking legal battles the locals can't boast about that one.

none the less , when the locals realise that big hats are talking like European fascists you know its happening.

it seems here they come for the muslim minorities, ......

I think he's trying to say that the current Thai government is trying to stir up patriotic feeling in order to support imperialist policies, or at least support a clamp-down on freedom and hold on to power. Perhaps they will come up with some territorial dispute to justify aggression to a neighbour, and perhaps seek to villify foreigners or ethnic minorities, perhaps bringing trumped-up criminal charges against them to stir up ill-feeling. Then they can react to this popular sentiment, and look like they are reflecting the wishes of the common man, while leading the country to armageddon.

That's what I think he's trying to say, though it's only a guess.

I don't think it was a prediction for Chepstow at the weekend, unless Frankie Dettori is racing.

SC

Perhaps they will come up with some territorial dispute to justify aggression to a neighbour, and perhaps seek to villify foreigners or ethnic minorities.

SC

Fighterplanes are bought already and tanks are ordered... Creepy developments for a Buddhist country in war with nobody.

quite possibly the most likely situation simon43.

Also reading my trash email I came across the Einstein quote -unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth -

which pretty sums up Thailand for me at the moment

though truth is'nt necessarily important in Thailand as it is in other places,

its the face

I was psewaking to the missis the other day about Europe in th3 30- 40s and about hate speech, patriotism the other day.She came back to me after watching thai tv ( i.e. free ones, not movies, sky etc) for 3 or 4 days. and told me the big hats on every thai channel-every day talking about patriotism evils carried out by other nations.it is military speak as this is whayt they do with new recruits in every country they subject them to how good their country is, how much better than others they are and how many glorious battles have been one. Well I guess unless they are talking legal battles the locals can't boast about that one.none the less , when the locals realise that big hats are talking like European fascists you know its happening.it seems here they come for the muslim minorities, ......

maybe start by watching yourself a lot is subtitled

I think he's trying to say that the current Thai government is trying to stir up patriotic feeling in order to support imperialist policies, or at least support a clamp-down on freedom and hold on to power. Perhaps they will come up with some territorial dispute to justify aggression to a neighbour, and perhaps seek to villify foreigners or ethnic minorities, perhaps bringing trumped-up criminal charges against them to stir up ill-feeling. Then they can react to this popular sentiment, and look like they are reflecting the wishes of the common man, while leading the country to armageddon.

I don't think it was a prediction for Chepstow at the weekend, unless Frankie Dettori is racing.

SC

That's about how I see the current situation, except the aggression to a neighbour.

So I agree.

SC

That's about how I see the current situation, except the aggression to a neighbour.

So I agree.

I thought that there was recently exchange of gunfire at the Cambodian border.

They will be saving the bullets at the Burmese and Malaysian borders for when there's something important to draw attention away from.

SC

So I agree.

I thought that there was recently exchange of gunfire at the Cambodian border.

They will be saving the bullets at the Burmese and Malaysian borders for when there's something important to draw attention away from.

I thought that got wrapped up a couple of years back, my bad.

I thought they were done with land grabs, never turns out well for them.