Thai flag to fly the highest atop record-shattering pole

webfact

Thai Flag to Fly the Highest Atop Record-Shattering Pole
By Teeranai Charuvastra
Staff Reporter

14525982431452599938l.jpg
Trin Nilprasert tours the site in Chiang Rai province on Monday where the world's tallest flagpole is reportedly being built.

CHIANG RAI — Trin Nilprasert wants to raise the world’s tallest flagpole over northern Thailand because he believes it will help end the political fractures plaguing the kingdom for almost a decade.

A day after construction of the 250 million-baht pole began in Chiang Rai province, the self-described businessman said he was inspired by national athletes wrapping themselves in Thai flags out of pride when they won medals

“I saw Thai people hurting each other because of different political ideas. When they were angry, they hit each other with Thai flagpoles. But athletes used flags to wrap themselves to express their joy,” Trin said.

It was then that Trin decided to build a flagpole – but not just any.

“I want the tallest flagpole in the world,” he said.

According to Trin, he searched the internet and found that the world’s tallest flagpole (171 meters) in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He then reached out to its builder, U.A.E.-based Trident Support, and asked them to build a somewhat larger one for Thailand (189 meters).

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1452598243&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-01-13

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 year olds in the West have similar ideas to many Thai 'leaders'.

I just asked my 5 year old and she thinks it's a good idea. She would also like to see a Frozen fun park on ice in Chiang Mai with a real Elsa to make Thai people happy. I smiled and said sure, I'll pass the idea on to the Governor.

Edited by Loaded

2016, The Year of Stupid.

I've have a feeling you might get tired of posting that comment Bluespunk, probably by the end of this month I would think.

If I do it won't be due to a lack of fuel. Some real oddities climbing out of the woodwork already.

I just asked my 5 year old and she thinks it's a good idea. She would also like to see a Frozen fun park on ice in Chiang Mai with a real Elsa to make Thai people happy. I smiled and said sure, I'll pass the idea on to the Governor.

Probably a better use for 250 million! Edited by JAG

With the smoke haze that is a bane of the North, how many days of the year will you be able to see the flag 189 meters high

Methinks this yahoo is smoking some of that haze, especially if he thinks that :

He made Trident, which has put up seven of the world’s 10 tallest poles, promise to never build another tallest flagpole for any other country

I was going to observe how infantile the mentality is but you nailed it with your 5 year old. She sounds qualified to be the next prime minister of Thailand and would probably be more mature than the rest of them.