ZX10R

JackKee

Any forum members took test drive or purchased new 2016 ZX10R?

I'm very interested about that bike and close to buy one.

I will keep my current Ninja 650 as commuting bike but look another powerful bike for greater driving experience.

I would be happy for experiences, opinions and discussion about ZX10R.

I got the Honda CBR650f ans find really it has more than enough power as the roads are so freaking slippery here when bone dry that the back wheel is often slipping under hard acceleration in 1-2 gears, dread to think what more powerful bike would be like.

I got the Honda CBR650f ans find really it has more than enough power as the roads are so freaking slippery here when bone dry that the back wheel is often slipping under hard acceleration in 1-2 gears, dread to think what more powerful bike would be like.

ZX10R has an excellent traction control system and multiple power modes, as well as top notch ABS. Unless the rider has self control issues it's safer that a CBR650.

It's also an excellent price here in Thailand, by far the best value litre bike available with excellent support from Kawasaki. Personally I'm waiting to see what Honda does with the CBR1000RR in 2017 but if they do nothing again then I'll have a serious look at the ZX10R, that will give Kawasaki a year to sort out any first year issues and avoid any potential recalls such as the 2015 R1 gearbox issues.

What tyres do you have on this bike that it is doing this to you? Is it the stock IRS? If so you should look at changing them to Pirelli to give you a much better riding experience and certainly a much safer ride.

As for the ZX10R, too much for me riding around Bangkok and I do prefer something more comfortable when out in the wilds! Awesome looking machine, that I can imagine is a load of fun.

ZX10R has an excellent traction control system and multiple power modes, as well as top notch ABS. Unless the rider has self control issues it's safer that a CBR650.

It's also an excellent price here in Thailand, by far the best value litre bike available with excellent support from Kawasaki. Personally I'm waiting to see what Honda does with the CBR1000RR in 2017 but if they do nothing again then I'll have a serious look at the ZX10R, that will give Kawasaki a year to sort out any first year issues and avoid any potential recalls such as the 2015 R1 gearbox issues.

I'm thinking exactly same. I'm Kawa guy but I also could seriously consider CBR1000RR. Potential recalls are now one issue why I didn't order bike yet. 2017 model could be released on Oct. / Mar. It could be vice decision to wait for 2017 model. Other thing is if I can wait biggrin.png

zx10R is probably more safe for you than your CBR650f if you have problems with traction on 1st/2nd gear.

It has more power but:

"The new Sport-Kawasaki Traction Control (S-KTRC) system includes five modes for greater control than ever before, particularly aimed at improving performance on the circuit, with modes one and two intended for race/circuit use. The system is a hybrid predictive/feedback-type system, which uses Kawasaki’s proprietary dynamic modelling software, and is further refined with the latest generation Bosch IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit) to provide five measured parameters and a sixth calculated by the ECU. Engine rpm, throttle position, slippage, acceleration and more are all also measured to allow the dynamic control, which allows unfavorable conditions to be predicted. Drive is controlled via the ignition and electronic throttle valves and sampled every 5 milliseconds".

I wish they would get away from their GREEN obsesion and do some half decent colours

I wish they would get away from their GREEN obsesion and do some half decent colours

This was very annoying for me in the beginning. Anyway now my eyes are got used for "Poison/Mint Green" and actually I consider color to be pretty hot biggrin.png

"Green is trademark" of Kawasaki.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its a knockout motorcycle for sure, would love to take one around the French countryside but not sure about here sad.png

Exactly.. For one thing, it's too hot to wear proper protection!

For another, the roads are not exactly the best quality to take advantage of a beautiful machine like that!

Edited by fullcave

For another, the roads are not exactly the best quality to take advantage of a beautiful machine like that!

It's lovely bike for North Thailand. Lot of good roads to drive and enjoy bike performance. Sure it's good to know roads in advance.

I don't understand argument of that weather is too hot for ZX10R. Yeah, locals does with scooter like 80 kmh without any protection and crashes are almost always fatal.

Zx10r is sport bike and not ideal for city use. On Highway speeds with proper summer ventilated protection gear, heat never been bigger problem for me with zx10r versus other bikes.

Edited by JackKee

heat never been bigger problem for me with zx10r versus other bikes.

True... But the heat takes the fun out of a cross country for me, except during the cool season (December) then it's OK... thumbsup.gif The quality of Thai roads, however, are another matter... It ain't Europe mate.