Falken tyres

black fox

Iv just binned a part worn set of low profiles with replacements of another brand. After about 60% through the tread wear the noise from the tyres was very loud. I even had new wheel bearings fitted before I realised that it was the tyres causing the racket. I now have Goodyear Eagle 215/45/18. Goodyears are apparently made in Thailand, the cost was 4200 baht per corner. The quiet and resulting calm inside the car now is much more to my liking.

I can't recommend buying the Falkens

Edited by billphillips

Falken are excellent tyres with a good reputation, you should not hesitate to buy Falkens if they're in the size that you want.

Falken 20s are unlikely to be any noisier than other comparable tyres. High-end tyres such as Michelin or Pirelli may be a little quieter but you probably couldn't notice the difference.

Iv just binned a part worn set of low profiles with replacements of another brand. After about 60% through the tread wear the noise from the tyres was very loud. I even had new wheel bearings fitted before I realised that it was the tyres causing the racket. I now have Goodyear Eagle 215/45/18. Goodyears are apparently made in Thailand, the cost was 4200 baht per corner. The quiet and resulting calm inside the car now is much more to my liking.

I had a set on my honda a while back. I found they get hard and noisy too, and didn't manage 40K km from them before I had to change them. My current tires are the best I've owned - Michelin pilot sport 3. Awesome grip in wet and dry buy not the quietest, but tolerable.

i thought id let you know that i went ahead and bought the faulken tyres size 245x45x20 and while i havent yet done much drving on them ive not noticed any difference in them to my old tyres(bridgestone brand)noise or any other aspect,if in time i find any defects i will let you know.

Hello and welcome Mr Renrut (a very appropriate name). What an outstanding contribution you have made with that comment ... Not.
I stated the tyre size for the exact reason that it was not the same as stated in the OP (clarity). Just for your consumption, the noise from these tyres is astounding. I challenge anyone to differentiate between a wheel bearing problem and the noise from these tyres, it's horrible. Hopefully the owner of the new Falken tyres will not experience the same problem.
DELETED

Edited by seedy
Quote hidden post