Anonymous shuts down 297 Thai court websites

webfact

Curious that the "Hang 'em High" crew is conspicuously silent.

Although, if you pay attention to the "users reading this topic" at the bottom of every page, (at least when I have checked in), I have noticed a key proponent who has been lurking silent, for hours.

whistling.gif

Oh, and Squeegee?

It is "a lot more serious than putting their picture on selected websites."

And your properties...

Sorry, I'm not following you. My properties?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Thai govt websites are non-functional and/or non-interactional, often just glorified Facebook pages. Thailand is not an online society in terms of govt-to-population interface. The effect of this hack protest will be limited.

Whilst this is true (almost all government/police departments here use Facebook), those having had their personal details exposed will be none too pleased. As another poster pointed out, a hack showing 'unusual wealth' would have them peeing their pants biggrin.png

"But he assured that the hacking only blocked outsiders from visiting the websites while internal systems linking the Office of the Court of Justice and internal organisations continued to operate."

This is a shot across their bows. The next step will be to hit their internal facing services, and then they'll've had it.

They're going to get a lot more where that came from and the humiliation will just increase and increase as they've got zero way of knowing what to do. I wonder when they say they've done this from abroad if that's true or they've just given the impression that that's what's happened? It strikes me that you could do this from here across the road from the server and they'd be none the wiser and then you could rub this in their faces as well.

I think the hackers will exploit any weaknesses and will know that the culture here is based on lying on lying on lying, and the respondents' pretending not to notice, pretending not to notice and pretending not to notice. As soon as you're out of that vacuum, the whole thing becomes an unrepairable disaster.

I've just returned from my local public prosecutor's office. And having spoken (again) with head honcho, today's experience has, yet again, confirmed my view , their entire judicial system is 'an irreparable disaster'. They are, without doubt, THE most ridiculous (in the true sense of the word), people I've ever met.blink.png And, the way things are going (backwards fast), it'll never change here. Ever.

Without a functioning judicial system, any country is doomed to Turd World status. They're all nice though .. coffee1.gif

^^^^

Read your Signature.

As in; a lot more serious/important than...

Ah, ok. Sorry, I didn't see your reply 'til just now.

As it goes, that's a junta-groupie quote meant to be ironic (or something). I suppose if people think I think like that I should probably credit it as such.

Edited by Squeegee