Permit while on 90 day NON o Single entry

Hi All

I would like to know as i am a UK citizen and have a 90 day Non O Single Entry Visa ( also will be extending it by 60 days before it runs out) i have heard even with this visa it is

still possible to take a trip outside Thailand for a few days my Visa runs out 8th Feb 2016 Is there a Permit i could get from immigration and while outside the country

on returning do i still lose the days when out of the country ,Thailand

Thank-you POMCHOB

• If you have less than 30 days left of your 90 day stay there isn't much value in spending 1,000 baht on a re-entry permit because you could re-enter using visa exempt entry and be granted a full 30 days.

A visa exempt entry can also be extended by 60 days.

If you apply for the 60 day extension before taking your trip you could buy a re-entry permit. On re-entry the IO will admit you until the expiry date of the 60 day extension.

• Like 1

A re-entry permit costing 1,000 baht and yes you do lose days outside of country (you return for the same permitted to stay you had prior to leaving).

Hi lopburi3

Thanks for replying with your kind advise

The reason for leaving the country is my travel Insurance will expire Near end Jan 2016 and to purchase a New Travel insurance a Travel Insurance Agent in

Pattaya explained i must leave the country to do this is the only way. as my UK policy will not extended by my original Travel Insurance after 92 days.

They explain i must return to UK to purchase another new policy.

POMCHOB

• If you have less than 30 days left of your 90 day stay there isn't much value in spending 1,000 baht on a re-entry permit because you could re-enter using visa exempt entry and be granted a full 30 days.
  • A visa exempt entry can also be extended by 60 days.
  • If you apply for the 60 day extension before taking your trip you could buy a re-entry permit. On re-entry the IO will admit you until the expiry date of the 60 day extension.

Thanks for the reply elviajero

thats interesting fact thank-you.

POMCHOB

A re-entry permit costing 1,000 baht and yes you do lose days outside of country (you return for the same permitted to stay you had prior to leaving).

Hi lopburi3

The reason for leaving the country is my travel Insurance will expire Near end Jan 2016 and to purchase a New Travel insurance a Travel Insurance Agent in

Pattaya explained i must leave the country to do this is the only way. as my UK policy will not extended by my original Travel Insurance after 92 days.

POMCHOB

Have no knowledge of travel insurance as never took any - from US so always had to pay for health insurance and that covers worldwide so not much need. If just for health and you plan long term stay you might check local or international coverage (if you are not as old as many of us).sad.png

• Like 1

Hi lopburi3

POMCHOB

Have no knowledge of travel insurance as never took any - from US so always had to pay for health insurance and that covers worldwide so not much need. If just for health and you plan long term stay you might check local or international coverage (if you are not as old as many of us).sad.png

Thanks for your input lopburi3

Its just a number..... Age!!thumbsup.gif

Good Luck

POMCHOB

Edited by POMCHOB

• If you apply for the 60 day extension before taking your trip you could buy a re-entry permit. On re-entry the IO will admit you until the expiry date of the 60 day extension.

Hi elviajero,

So in total i could get 90 days with visa exempt of 30 days and with the 60 day Single Entry Non O Visa.

I thought if you cross over land it was only 15 days you were given?Thanks for your kind advice.

POMCHOB

Hi elviajero,

So in total i could get 90 days with visa exempt of 30 days and with the 60 day Single Entry Non O Visa.

I thought if you cross over land it was only 15 days you were given?Thanks for your kind advice.

POMCHOB

Since you are from the UK you will get a 30 day entry. The UK and the other G7 countries passport holders get 30 days instead of 15.

• Like 1

Hi elviajero,

POMCHOB

Since you are from the UK you will get a 30 day entry. The UK and the other G7 countries passport holders get 30 days instead of 15.

Thank-you ubonjoe..... oh i see so 90 days it is, sounds good to me thanks for clarifying this for methumbsup.gif

POMCHOB

Hi elviajero,

POMCHOB

To clarify the 90 days would consist of a 30 day visa exempt entry followed by a 60 day extension of stay for the reason of visiting your wife.

• Like 1

Hi elviajero,

POMCHOB

To clarify the 90 days would consist of a 30 day visa exempt entry followed by a 60 day extension of stay for the reason of visiting your wife.

Thanks elviajero for explaining the facts most grateful to you,

POMCHOB

• Like 1

Hi elviajero,

POMCHOB

Just on another point ubonjoe, if you don't mind,

As i'm on a Non O Single Entry that runs out 8th Feb if i do get Visa Exempt 30 days wouldn't the original Visa Have Expired

to be able to extend it for the 60 days after the 30 day exempt?I think i have got things muddled .

POMCHOB

Hi elviajero,

POMCHOB

Just on another point ubonjoe, if you don't mind,

As i'm on a Non O Single Entry that runs out 8th Feb if i do get Visa Exempt 30 days wouldn't the original Visa Have Expired

to be able to extend it for the 60 days after the 30 day exempt?I think i have got things muddled .

POMCHOB

Also ubonjoe

After some thought it may be a better option to go to Penang to get a Single entry Non -O visa based upon marriage would this be possible like before

Would that be just as good idea as the trip i need to take is also to restart a new Travel Insurance Policy on Returning to Thailand.

thanks for all your kind help

POMCHOB

If you leave and re-enter just before your 90 days end you will get the 30 day entry and can extended it for 60 days. Any type of entry can be extended for 60 days.

Hi ubonjoe thanks for you time on the reply

Right i understand that now .

POMCHOB

You should be able to get another single entry non-o visa in Penang if you decide that is best for you.

Hi ubonjoe thanks for your help,

It would keep it all neat i suppose, but not a great deal of difference still 90 days. while being married to a Thai Citizen this can be done many times? I forget you can get the Non O in other countries other than the UK and really should of got the Year Non O Multiple but Plans Change!

You should be able to get another single entry non-o visa in Penang if you decide that is best for you.

It would keep it all neat i suppose, but not a great deal of difference still 90 days. while being married to a Thai Citizen this can be done many times? I forget you can get the Non O in other countries other than the UK and really should of got the Year Non O Multiple but Plans Change!

You could get a multiple entry non-o in Penang if you can show 100k baht in the bank or income or in Savannakhet Laos with no financial poof.

• Like 1

You could get a multiple entry non-o in Penang if you can show 100k baht in the bank or income or in Savannakhet Laos with no financial poof.

Hi ubonjoe

I will go for the Single Entry 90 day Non O Marriage Visa at Penang with no financial proof, as just need a few more months ,thanks for helping me with the different options. BTW doing a great job on the forum thanks

POMCHOB

POMCHOB

Edited by POMCHOB