Non "O" Visa requirement

To whom can help,

Please, can someone inform me on the procedure and requirements (in a short listing) for a Non - "O" visa.

And, mostly my concern or question is: changing from a "B" to an "O" will it affect/restrict/cause any problems with my work permit (to continue)?

Appreciatively,

Ricardo, (USA citizen) teaching in Phuket

A non-o visa based upon what? Marriage, retirement and etc.

You cannot change non immigrant visa classes without going out for a new visa. Or are you asking about changing the reason for an extension of stay obtained at an immigration office.

whistling.gif if you are currently working with a B visa and a valid work permit I would NOT try to change horses in midstream.

If you changed your reason for stay to a marriage to a Thai you could still keep working, but if based on retirement (assuming that was possible) you would probably NOT be able to continue working.

My advice would be if what you currently have is working now.....don't try to fix what is not broken.

• Like 1

To IAM_ FARANG,

Your hind-sight; and advice, is correct: things are good now. And I was just thinking further down the road to when I apply for the retirement visa (5 yrs. ahead). I thought (and heard) the transition from Marriage visa w/Non-O to retirement visa would be a more simple/easier transfer. Again, if its better to wait, I will.

Thanks, Ricardo