Farang Stabbed In Silom

Farma

The Thai TV news this morning is showing a story of an Aussie guy and Thai girl who were attacked by a “gangster” with a long knife during a robbery in the Silom area last night.

They are both in hospital in a bad way according to the TV news.

The news last night showed a re enactment. They had rounded up members of a 40 strong gang.

2 gang members were part of the robbery in what appeared to be a main street. There was a high white wall along the side of the street. I don’t know the area well enough to recognise it.

They showed the Aussie guy with bandages on his hand so he wasn’t in too bad a state. I didn’t see the girl. It was all in Thai so I can’t be sure.

The re enactment showed one of the guys, heavily tattooed with gang tattoos, use a machete to slash at the right elbow area of the woman in an attempt to cut the straps and remove the handbag she was carrying on her arm.

Edit spelling

Edited by Farma

this story has been reported extensively in thai rath (yesterday) , and probably other thai newspapers too.

the aussie was leaving patpong with a bar girl and they were attacked by three guys with machetes , somewhere in the vicinity of silom.

it happened at 2.30am.

one of the gang was only 14 years old.

the police were on to it quickly and caught them.

there was along article in thai rath yesterday about this and other teenage gangs on the rampage around town.

the thai girl was injured as well , and i dont think this was a racial attack.

its just a reflection of the sorry state of society here today.

poor parenting , poor education , lack of responsibility , inconsistent law enforcement and the aggressive behaviour of alcohol fuelled teens.

happens elsewhere too , but the streets of bangkok are slowly becoming as unsafe after dark as those of any other western city.

Just goes to show that one should stay away from these places after dark and follow other activities whilst in Thailand.

Two reasons for me saying this are:

a) The girl in the dark that you pick up will turn out to be butt ugly in the morning

and

:o You get to meet the boys from Fagans gang

"Gotta picka pocket or twoooar" - Just be careful of Bill Sykes

But then some posters seem to have the IQ of a geranium

As a generalisation, I think you're being slightly unfair to Geraniums :o

Correct observation oneeye ... Geraniums actually being one of the smarter plants around .... common ragwort would have fitted the bill better as they really are stupid .......... :D

just goes to show how thais treat farangs(caucasians)

Goes to show you dont like any asians after reading this post.

Goodbye.

Oh and btw for those Thais/asians wanting to come to the U.S.A. please don't America is FULL and for those thais/asians currently living in the U.S.A. please LEAVE.

in this thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...87027&st=15

Cant believe I get banned for my comment but this guy doesnt :o

I dont know what my comment was for as ive never been told.

It was something to do with my thoughts on 60 plus males with 18 and 19 year olds. It was because I didnt agree with it, wont go into detail as I might get another holiday for it.

But clearly wasnt as bad as Gabes comments

just goes to show how thais treat farangs(caucasians)

Goes to show you dont like any asians after reading this post.

Goodbye.

Oh and btw for those Thais/asians wanting to come to the U.S.A. please don't America is FULL and for those thais/asians currently living in the U.S.A. please LEAVE.

in this thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...87027&st=15

Cant believe I get banned for my comment but this guy doesnt :o

Donz, I'm not sure how that slipped through the moderators' net last week, but I have posted a public warning in that particular thread.

If you feel that something is offensive, please use the Report feature p_report.gif to bring the offensive post(s) to the attention of the mods.

Racist and anti-Thai sentiment has no place on this Forum.

Back on topic please.