Going rate for root canal and ceramic crown?

dcnx

Paid 14k recently for a crown at Empress, Canal Rd., near Royal Flora (left before the junction). Recommended.

Was that for a ceramic crown?

Thanks.

Yes, they let you choose what you want. You can look up the prices at their webpage. Empress Dental. Not the cheapest but they are good.

It was like Thursday to Monday if I remember correctly. They give you a temporary crown first (which luckily I swallowed, so completely useless) and the real thing takes a couple of days to make.

Without the weekend in between probably 2 days.

Edited by MadMac

It was like Thursday to Monday if I remember correctly. They give you a temporary crown first (which luckily I swallowed, so completely useless) and the real thing takes a couple of days to make.

Thanks. I have one scheduled for next Thursday and I'm leaving two weeks later and worried if it'll be enough time. I've had crowns made in the US before that take two weeks or longer to make 'in the lab', but I figured it would be much faster here.

Thanks. I have one scheduled for next Thursday and I'm leaving two weeks later and worried if it'll be enough time. I've had crowns made in the US before that take two weeks or longer to make 'in the lab', but I figured it would be much faster here.

Those US crowns are mostly made in the lab here or someplace similar.

RCT is normally at least a week and crown about a week so you may not have time. They may also have to install a supporting post and allow for healing process of RCT. Believe there are faster options available at a price but you really want to be sure about the RCT before you cap it - or risk doing again later.

^^

You're supposed to wait a month or two between root canal and cap.

To check there is no infection.

If you have the cap done too soon, and you do get an infection, they have to cut the cap off and start again.

7 - 8000 baht for a crown at a decent dentist in CM. Might not be a trendy clinic with nice furnishings in the waiting room....

I can't remember the cost of the root canal work, but it was cheap, & lasted several visits, to ensure there was no infection left. Excellent dentist. Similar treatment to private work in UK, but at NHS prices.

Find a good Endodontist and stick with him/her.

Root canal work can be a traumatic experience, but someone who knows what they're doing will lessen the trauma.

Price isn't really a factor, I mean how many root canal's does a person need at once?

If the structure of the tooth is uncompromised, you don't need a crown after root canal.

If the tooth structure is degraded to a point where it could become very fragile, one day, weeks months or years after your root canal, you could chew on something and the whole thing will fracture…and the mess will cost more to clean up. (The doctor won't force you to get the crown initially, but if your tooth fractures later, it's on you.)

If the crater in the tooth is really big or the decay has compromised the sides of the tooth, get a crown.

Price should be:

1. Ceramic Crown (non precious) : 8,000 baht

2. Pin (this is something you have to get fitted on your tooth as it is what the crown hooks on to: 4, 500 baht

Root Canal usually ranges between 8K-14K per tooth…the ones in front are usually 8K but the molars will usually set you back 10-14K depending on how bad the condition of the tooth cavity is.

BTW this is for a pretty high standard of treatment in Bkk…no quackery involved.

Edited by JHolmesJr

Just finished root canal treatment to back tooth. Took 4 visits, total 6k (no crown just white filling.

That sounds very strange as there is normally not much remaining after RCT and white filling is not likely to be able to take much food grinding - unless you normally have a soft diet or missing other tooth.

I hate going to a dentist with a passion .As i have to return to Europe for maybe a year ,i forced myself to go to McCormick dental department for a visit .Excellent service .First i had a check up with 2 tooth exrays for B450 ,then full cleaning which took an hours as its 5 years since i last went for a very reasonable B650.

I had to have 3 root canals done in Canada, due to dental trauma from a car accident. two of the teeth were not structurally compromised. The third had cracks from the impact, so I opted to crown that one. This was 25 years ago, and all is well.

I hate going to a dentist with a passion .As i have to return to Europe for maybe a year ,i forced myself to go to McCormick dental department for a visit .Excellent service .First i had a check up with 2 tooth exrays for B450 ,then full cleaning which took an hours as its 5 years since i last went for a very reasonable B650.

You didn't have your teeth cleaned for 5 Years?

That doesn't hurt.