Which Comes First?non Immg B Or Wp?

Hello, Im going to get my non immig b visa next week, but Im not so sure which to get first the wp or non immig b? because I read somewhere that now I have to get wp first before getting non immig b. so which comes first? :o

Hello, Im going to get my non immig b visa next week, but Im not so sure which to get first the wp or non immig b? because I read somewhere that now I have to get wp first before getting non immig b. so which comes first? :o

when applying for non b, you need a wp3 -- a receipt from labor to confirm that your employer has already applied a work permit for you.

As above, you are supposed to have the wp3 to get your non-imm b visa. I just got my non-imm b visa from Penang w/out having a wp3. I don't know if the fact that I'm working for a gov't university had anything to do with it. I knew about the wp3 requirement before going to Penang & was nervous when my paperwork from the uni didn't include that form, but it turned out ok.

Better safe than sorry, especially if you are going to work for a small or newly formed company.

The WP3 is not a work permit per se, it is a receipt that the company are applying for a work permit.

The reason it has been enforced lately is because a group of aliens got Non Immigrant B visas based on a bogus company. The WP3 is supposed to serve as proof that the company exists, is operational and does intend to employ you for real.

As above, you are supposed to have the wp3 to get your non-imm b visa. I just got my non-imm b visa from Penang w/out having a wp3. I don't know if the fact that I'm working for a gov't university had anything to do with it. I knew about the wp3 requirement before going to Penang & was nervous when my paperwork from the uni didn't include that form, but it turned out ok.

Ok - I have heard the above. HOWEVER. i have also heard that once you have the form WP3 - you can then get your tourist visa converted into a Non B at immigration in BKK and not have to trundle down to Penang. Can anyone clarify this?

Also - can any confirm how long it takes to get the Wp3 ? We will be applying for our new teachers who will be on 30 tourist visas

Non immigrant visa

From what I've read here on the forum I thought that you could still get a non immigrant B 90 day renewable without applying for a work permit?

Is this not true?

You mean if you have a non immigrant visa with multiple entries? This is one where you come and go from Thailand. Every time you arrive in Thailand you get a fresh 90 days even if it was 300 times in a year. You do not need to apply for the work permit to get this at some Embassies/Consulates. Other Embassies/Consulates will give you 90 days without showing a work permit or a WP3 and then a one year multi entry visa only after showing your work permit. Other Embassies/Consulates will require a WP3 approval to issue just the 90 day visa. The standard requirements at each Embassy are not uniform. Like the Bible, different religions and interpretations. Same as the Thai laws in reference to issuing non immigrant visas at Embassies/Consulates. Each Ambassador looks at the rules different.

Ok - I have heard the above. HOWEVER. i have also heard that once you have the form WP3 - you can then get your tourist visa converted into a Non B at immigration in BKK and not have to trundle down to Penang. Can anyone clarify this?

This is not true. Its only for the Embassy. These are the Documents Required

1. Application for visa status alteration (TM 86)

Application for visa (TM 87)

2. Copy of passport entries

3. 4 x 6 cm photograph

4. Application fee of 2,000 Baht

5. Company letter requesting for Visa or Visa Status alteration.

6. Employment contract (Labor Dept.)

7. A letter to guarantee to certify commercial registration

8. Company registration certificate.

9. VAT registration certificate and the lists of company Board of Directors.

10. The latest financial statement. (Balance sheets; Profit and loss statement)

11. Company income tax or trading tax returns.

12. Documents evidence of education; job experience of Alien; The diploma must be notorized by the Embassy and certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the translation into Thai and the copy of the diploma.

13. Withholding tax records

14. BOI letter applied for changing visa

Also - can any confirm how long it takes to get the Wp3 ? We will be applying for our new teachers who will be on 30 tourist visas

12 days

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com