Gentleman's Club Sign removed from Pattaya Temple Wall

webfact

Gentleman's Club Sign removed from Pattaya Temple Wall

sign-2-1.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- Following a barrage of complaints regarding a sign for a Gentleman’s Club attached to a Temple Wall in Jomtien, the sign was removed by City Officials on Thursday.

A number of the complaints were made direct to the Chonburi Province Cultural Committee and on Thursday Khun Anchaleepon from there, came to inspected the sign and ordered it to be removed immediately.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/220759/gentlemans-club-sign-removed-from-pattaya-temple-wall/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-01-15

Somehow I doubt if a church or mosque would profit by allowing such a sign on their property.

Of course they wouldn't profit, because it would never be allowed to be put up.

I think you missed my point. The temple probably gains from charging for the advertising. I can't see a church or mosque selling advertising space for that sort of sign.

"City Officials obeyed her commands and removed the sign which will either be destroyed or returned to the bar in question, depending on how discussions with the venue progress."

It all depends on the "finders fee" if paid they will get it back, if not it will get destroyed.

Regardless the club have done a great marketing job by this "stunt"

The sign have been up there for ages, and nobody cared or knew about the club until it was stirred into a social media frenzy and local government was forced to take action..... and given a photo op at the same time. = a win win!

Much ado about nothing, as usual. For a second, reading the headline, I thought the club was actually within the temple! Wouldn't really surprise me, with the all the horror stories one reads about monks doing drugs, engaging in illicit sex and purloining temple funds.

At least the caretaker government has had the good sense to vote against making Buddhism the national religion - though knowing how widespread in Thailand are the three moral and legal transgressions listed above, one could argue it would not have been entirely inappropriate if the decision had gone the other way.

Somehow I doubt if a church or mosque would profit by allowing such a sign on their property.

The Christians would see it as a practical joke.

Muslims??? Probably blame the infidels, kill anybody they thought was involved, kill anybody they thought was an infidel, bomb infidel churches, then kill anybody left standing.

Check that everybody other than muslims is dead. If so, repeat above steps.

Have I covered all bases?

Edited by F4UCorsair

I think you missed my point. The temple probably gains from charging for the advertising. I can't see a church or mosque selling advertising space for that sort of sign.

You stand corrected giggle.gif

post-65504-0-68649500-1452833042_thumb.j

More like the owner realised the sign was wrong - its open 12pm - 10pm not 12am.

Fancy not checking your own sign before it gets put up.

I will give it 6 months, and then another insurance job.

Actually there no such thing as 12am and 12pm by definition of AM and PM.

It is very, very confusing. It should read 12 noon and the correct other time is 12 midnight. tongue.png