PM Prayut concerned over domestic unrest, pushes lawful resolutions

webfact

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just couldn't resist looking - the same old same old BTEWs (Bitter Twisted Expat Whingers) spewing their usual rubbish and ridiculing anyone that disagrees - SSDD.

Wow, BB. Have you stopped seeing liberals under your bed and are now seeing pigeons?? And what's with all the abbreviations? Are you so in love with the junta that you now share their obsession with them?

Do you realize that you come across as slightly off balance mentally, BB?

"I just couldn't resist looking..."

I would just like to remind you that you solemnly promised not to participate in such threads anymore. I guess it goes to show you're as trustworthy as a certain "PM", who among other things promised no coup, not wanting to be "PM", etc, etc.

Based on experience and tales told me by reliable sources, the graft and corruption has gotten noticeably worse since the coup.

cheesy.gif If you and your reliable mate say so then it must be true.

Last time I went for my visa at the UK consulate, I mentioned how much better I thought Thailand was now that the dirty cronies got booted out.

The guy processing the visa told me that everyone he spoke to shared the same view. The general opinion was that under Pheu-Thai, corruption was a general free-for-all and at least the Junta were trying to do something about it.

But I bow to your obviously superior information. All the farang from UK who don't give a dam about Thai political colours, are relatively well educated and grew up in a real democracy must be wrong.

Why would you be getting a UK visa at the UK consulate if you are English ?

Oh I don't suppose he was - like so many of his posts he makes up things to support whatever is the subject of his latest rant.

He has just got a bit ( more than usual) carries away and "dropped a clanger"!

Read in conjunction with his "signature" it's really father funny.

Edited by JAG

Anonymous just hacked and released the transcript of the meeting. here is a small part of the data:

"Mr. Chairman. Who is going to take over pimping out under aged Laotian girls in Chiang Mai?

"We are not sure who gets to take over that big money operation yet."

"Who is going to take over pimping out under aged Laotian girls in Udon Thani?"

"Same Same. Not sure yet. We are moving as fast as we can. Thank you for you understanding."

"Now to the business at hand..."

The call for "solutions through the Rule of Law" from the man who, quite patently through force of arms, has trodden it underfoot.......................

True that!

The hypocrisy is quite breathtaking.....

Yes..... I am convinced to this day that the word hypocrisy does

not exist in the Thai language . Guess what allows hypocrisy

to flourish here is the famous face saving, which does not allow

it to be pointed out. Talking about rule of law from Prayut ?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Based on experience and tales told me by reliable sources, the graft and corruption has gotten noticeably worse since the coup.

Last time I went for my visa at the UK consulate, I mentioned how much better I thought Thailand was now that the dirty cronies got booted out.

The guy processing the visa told me that everyone he spoke to shared the same view. The general opinion was that under Pheu-Thai, corruption was a general free-for-all and at least the Junta were trying to do something about it.

But I bow to your obviously superior information. All the farang from UK who don't give a dam about Thai political colours, are relatively well educated and grew up in a real democracy must be wrong.

Thank you for pointing that out.

John is a regular here always making up stories that at first glance sound almost "official" but I've caught him out before.

Basically he's a died-in-the-wool old fashioned conservative who slavishly supports the Junta because they are all army men.

A bit of the old boot polish and brass brigade never went astray eh?

The irony of the PM saying such a thing has obviously escaped him.

Thank you for pointing that out.

John is a regular here always making up stories that at first glance sound almost "official" but I've caught him out before.

Basically he's a died-in-the-wool old fashioned conservative who slavishly supports the Junta because they are all army men.

A bit of the old boot polish and brass brigade never went astray eh?

The irony of the PM saying such a thing has obviously escaped him.

Steady on, I would be counted ( in UK terms ) as a staunch conservative - a Tory - and as a retired military man am a dab hand with boot polish and brasso!

Like many of my ilk I also fervently support freedom of speech assembly and so on, together with the freedom of the people to elect their own government, however distasteful it may be to outsiders.

What "EnglishJohn" represents is an enthusiasm for this regime, founded on his own bigotry ( and it would now seem an element of fantasy) which reveals utter contempt for the Thai people and their rights and desires.

Because I am English, a Tory and a retired soldier I find him embarrassing - on all three counts.

Jag, my apologies for the generalisation.

Of course I should not have lumped all ex-military men into English John's basket.

I am trying to figure out his slavish devotion to the general, when it has become clear that he cares not a fig for the principals of democracy.

It's a very ancient view of the world, one that entitles those who take power to do as they wish.

Despite saying one thing, he continues to do the opposite.

England has had it's share of despotic rulers, but thank god and with the gradual influence and power of a democratic parliament, she has been able to shine a light for the rest of the world, an example of what can be achieved by a free democracy.

It is absolutely staggering that someone who was raised in, and has benefited from a free democracy, can openly support what is happening here.

"Two wrongs don't make a right" was something my father always used to say, and blaming the previous government cannot justify taking away the liberty of the people.

I haven't seen much change since the coup beside the fact that the people who were supporting the opposition during the previous administration are now supporting the government and vice-versa. I haven't seen or heard of anybody switching allegiance so far. Regarding the change in behavior from law enforcement officers and other officials, they are mostly due to the fear of being exposed on facebook or youtube, reaction at the top are driven by the same motivations.

The most worrying news are coming from abroad. Investors and buyers are worried by the current situation and are adopting a wait and see attitude which means that the economic situation in Thailand will most probably get worse before it gets better. That in turn may cause unrest and further spook foreign economic actors. The future definitively doesn't look bright for the current administration.

Edited by JohnnyJazz

Jag, my apologies for the generalisation.

Of course I should not have lumped all ex-military men into English John's basket.

I am trying to figure out his slavish devotion to the general, when it has become clear that he cares not a fig for the principals of democracy.

It's a very ancient view of the world, one that entitles those who take power to do as they wish.

Despite saying one thing, he continues to do the opposite.

England has had it's share of despotic rulers, but thank god and with the gradual influence and power of a democratic parliament, she has been able to shine a light for the rest of the world, an example of what can be achieved by a free democracy.

It is absolutely staggering that someone who was raised in, and has benefited from a free democracy, can openly support what is happening here.

"Two wrongs don't make a right" was something my father always used to say, and blaming the previous government cannot justify taking away the liberty of the people.

No offence taken I assure you.

As for what drives" EnglishJohn", who knows? Maybe he transfers all his pent up rage and resentment onto his view of the Thai political scene, and finds a safety valve in letting rip at anyone who doesn't accept his views?

Must be fun living next door!