watching football by wifi

Bredbury Blue

This has probably been asked to death but bear with me.

Fell out with CTH. Got GMMZ. Now there's confusion about the message GMMZ is displaying about changes come 18 January. Does it mean: no GMMZ, or no CTH channels (like CTH's Premier football) or need new box or???

As a coincidence True came to the mooban at the weekend selling their wizzbang fibre optic 30mb wifi package, and as our TOT wifi is so crap it's barely useable, we signed up, it was installed 2 days later and is great.

So if there's no Premier on GMMZ from the 18th onwards, I now have a wifi option which I know many of you use.

So the question is what are the best options out there for watching Premier football by wifi?

I use ilikeHDtv and pay 450bt a month for the UKTV package, and for that I get all the football I need, skysports, BT sports,eurosports, supersport, and I get all the CTH channels plus some true sport.

By the way BB, you download the ap on google playstore, and to pay it is very easy you buy true money from 7 eleven and just enter the code like you top up a phone, 500 baht gets you 500 points, for UKTV it is 450 points almost as soon as you activate you are up and running.

If you want you can buy for 30 points will get you 2 hours or 40 points will get 3 hours, and another at 50 points gets you 5 hours this one enough for watching a few games on sat or Sunday night, the hour packages also get you all the channels ilikeHD have except the adult one ;).

hd2play is half that but not sure of the full package...I just catch the odd late night Spurs game...mostly watch in the pub.

Smokie if you want to be cheap charlie they have 30 baht for 2 hours so you can watch the spuds for less than a bowl of noodle soup :) Edited by nev

hd2play is half that but not sure of the full package...I just catch the odd late night Spurs game...mostly watch in the pub.

Smokie if you want to be cheap charlie they have 30 baht for 2 hours so you can watch the spuds for less than a bowl of noodle soup :)

It's worse than that...I steal my gf's brother's password and watch his.

Sometimes he calls her if his team is playing at the same time.

Oops lol.

Smokie if you want to be cheap charlie they have 30 baht for 2 hours so you can watch the spuds for less than a bowl of noodle soup smile.png

It's worse than that...I steal my gf's brother's password and watch his.

Sometimes he calls her if his team is playing at the same time.

Oops lol.

Bet you steal his chips as well tongue.png

IlikeHDtv is 250 baht a month for all the sports channels. 365sport is 600 a month but you do get discounts for paying quarterly, 6 monthly or for the year. The best bit about 365 is they have a 7 day catchup service included so you can watch later games the next day or if you come in late you can start the the game 30 mins later.

BeIn have a very mature online streaming service, so hope that they port it over to Thailand next season.

Dream on.

All it requires is duplicating a few servers.

And they also sell it as a separate product in existing markets.

You'd better hope that they don't, because if they do you can bet your bottom dollar they will go after any Thailand-based streaming service that eats into their business.

BeIn have a very mature online streaming service, so hope that they port it over to Thailand next season.

Dream on.

All it requires is duplicating a few servers.

And they also sell it as a separate product in existing markets.

You'd better hope that they don't, because if they do you can bet your bottom dollar they will go after any Thailand-based streaming service that eats into their business.

I would have no issue paying for a service over the Internet legitimately as you describe,but would it appeal to the Thai market ?

Not just Thailand; the rights cover several countries. Here in the sandpit you get the streaming free if you're a satellite subscriber.

How many channels do they have for their coverage in the Middle East then ? Edited by stoneyboy

So they carry other sports as well I assume.

Don't you think they will strike a partnership/deal with True here,aren't they True the only operator here carrying any of their channels I believe it's just 1 at present.

I suppose it depends on who is going to carry the signal.

The rights cover Thailand, Cambodia and Laos apparently. Explains why I could see CTH everywhere in PP.

I suppose the issue is whether BeIn are going to sell the rights on or try and do it themselves; they have some superb STBs, including one that can broadcast to multiple TVs.

Otherwise, both CTH and True are capable of doing it.

Anyone can rent satellite space.

What they don't have is the sales infrastructure in these places.

Bein MENA show EPL, Spanish, Dutch, German, French, Italian, plus other shit like Tennis, Golf, Rugby, and so on.

But one advantage is you get Keys and Gray instead of that godawful "official mob" of mockneys and other undesirables.

• 3 weeks later...

With GMMZ ceasing today to provide CTH's Premier football coverage, I now need to try out on the options on here. Expecting an influx of fellow disgruntled GMMZ on this topic soon.

So, here's my ludfite question. I go sort out Ilikehd...that the wife can do. Then I assume I go to their website and I watch football on the internet on my computer or phone. So how do I connect computer to relatively modern samsung tv to watch internet football on tv?

I don't just use this format because its cheaper than any other option mentioned--so much as I just can not stay awake when half the games are being played..... so I would much rather just get up in the morning, sit eating breakfast....While watching The Arsenal beat everyone (.......rolleyes.gif .....) They usually put (every) game on to be downloaded about an hour--2 hours after its played. FA Cup of course still belongs to the BBC (as does match of the day) so I get them from that site or with Iplayer & a VPN again free.

The site also gives you all the very latest movies----all TV programs from UK/USA etc....1 hour after its broadcast---& you don't have to join it, or pay anything to the site.

Of course Thai-Visa will not let me put a link to that site...(their policy) so I have PM it to you BB

Not to get off topic, but does anyone know of a decent Boxing site....I am using mostly Russian sites at the moment, Its easy to get the main event, but I do like to look at the up & coming fighters on the under-card.....Please PM me if you know of any.

With GMMZ ceasing today to provide CTH's Premier football coverage, I now need to try out on the options on here. Expecting an influx of fellow disgruntled GMMZ on this topic soon.

So, here's my ludfite question. I go sort out Ilikehd...that the wife can do. Then I assume I go to their website and I watch football on the internet on my computer or phone. So how do I connect computer to relatively modern samsung tv to watch internet football on tv?

Either buy a Chromecast (Wireless) or plug an HDMI cable from your laptop to the TV.

Been in touch with GMMZ today and supposedly they will deliver a new box which WILL allow me still to watch CTH Stadium football channels...i'll believe it when it happens...got to wait until the box arrives (no idea when that will be).

So tomorrow i was just looking at getting ilikeHD for a month trial. Had a look at ilikeHD's website, which is pretty poor, and had these questions:

1. What's the difference between
UK basic,
UK premium, and,
UK basic + UK premium?

2. If i just want to be able to watch Premier, do i want UK basic or UK premium?

3. Once I'm signed up, can i use only one computer/phone, OR on more than one computer/phone AT THE SAME TIME (thinking of me watching football while kid's watch something else - possible?)?

Cheers

Ilikehd. Can watch on other devices but only one thing at a time as far as I am aware.

If u want only sports it's 250 baht a month. Almost every sports channel you can think of.

Add another 200 for uk tv channels. Waste oc time because oc the time difference.

I would go expat tv for uk tv as they have a 7 day watch on demand service