The abandoned condo building at bali hai pier on google

Howitzer

On 6/28/2018 at 6:10 AM, pattayadude said:

that question is as irrelevant and off-topic as someone asking you here if you live up to your profile name!

I don't consider that it is. It seems rather odd that someone who doesn't live in Pattaya seems so obsessed with anything to do with the Waterfront.

He's not the only one to wonder why you feature in every thread about the Waterfront. Even when you state that you won't post any more about it, here you are again.

So don't be surprised when people suspect an ulterior motive.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

I don't consider that it is. It seems rather odd that someone who doesn't live in Pattaya seems so obsessed with anything to do with the Waterfront.

He's not the only one to wonder why you feature in every thread about the Waterfront. Even when you state that you won't post any more about it, here you are again.

So don't be surprised when people suspect an ulterior motive.

I don't live in Pattaya currently because it seems to have been taken over by asylum inmates and none of the news on here is good. However, that doesn't mean that I don't love Pattaya or don't want to return. IMO, the waterfront fiasco encapsulates the insanity that is modern Pattaya, being wrong in every aspect, so I feel that I have the right to comment about it on here.

Luckily I hadn't bought property in Pattaya, so I am free to live elsewhere.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, pattayadude said:

so you do live in Pattaya full-time I assume..

Enjoy the view of the ghost skyscraper you love to hate for the next 20 years then.

You assume wrongly. 

Apart from that, there are lots of unattractive buildings in Pattaya. What would make you think that the view of the Waterfront shell has any impact on me?

I don't frequent that whole area any more. It used to have a pleasant atmosphere. Now it's just a horrible place. No reason to go there at all.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2018 at 4:59 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't live in Pattaya currently because it seems to have been taken over by asylum inmates and none of the news on here is good. However, that doesn't mean that I don't love Pattaya or don't want to return. IMO, the waterfront fiasco encapsulates the insanity that is modern Pattaya, being wrong in every aspect, so I feel that I have the right to comment about it on here.

Luckily I hadn't bought property in Pattaya, so I am free to live elsewhere.

Once again, I was not quoting you, nor referring to you. I was referring to the behaviour of a specific individual.

Absolutely nothing wrong with you having an opinion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

What would make you think that the view of the Waterfront shell has any impact on me?

if it doesn't impact your view, what's your beef with it?

what is your interest in this almost dead project?

what is the impact of the Waterfront on you, if it not impacting your religious beliefs (since you're not budhist), your view(by your admission) or your wallet?

2 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

I don't frequent that whole area any more. It used to have a pleasant atmosphere. Now it's just a horrible place. No reason to go there at all.

by your own admission, the whole area is just a "horrible place" now and because of this, you don't go there at all now. You will find many who will agree with you on this.

Well, FYI horrible places are result of  horrible buildings, horrible planning, horrible infrastructures, horrible marinas, horrible traffic, horrible floods and so on...

This building is the direct result of the combination of all of the above, plus corruption.

You see, situation is a lot more serious than who owns a pie in the sky, who doesn't, who was smart and who was stupid,who said or didn't say what you wanted to hear...

Everybody's in the same boat and it has taken in a lot of water.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pattayadude said:

by your own admission, the whole area is just a "horrible place" now and because of this, you don't go there at all now. You will find many who will agree with you on this.

Well, FYI horrible places are result of  horrible buildings, horrible planning, horrible infrastructures, horrible marinas, horrible traffic, horrible floods and so on...

This building is the direct result of the combination of all of the above, plus corruption.

You see, situation is a lot more serious than who owns a pie in the sky, who doesn't, who was smart and who was stupid,who said or didn't say what you wanted to hear...

Everybody's in the same boat and it has taken in a lot of water.

I don't disagree. But I'm not the one clamouring for it to be completed.

That would be you.

Where have you noted that I have a "beef" with it?

Perhaps you can point to the posts wherein I have stated thus.

6 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

That would be you.

I  admitted on my previous quote this is a dead project but still you don't let it go and keep quoting me..

it's dead, kaput!.At best, It's in a court battle that could take 10 years or longer.

Whatever I believe is my opinion.

All posters have left but you are still clinging on it as if you will be miserable once this topic is also dead.

You keep quoting me even though it's only one word that you are not comfortable with.

You cause has now dwindled down to one word. "Beef"

get over it and move on dude

7 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

That would be you.

if it doesn't impact your view, what's your relentless pursuit?

what is the impact of the Waterfront on you, if it not impacting your religious beliefs (since you're not budhist), your view(by your admission) or your wallet?

The last five posts in this topic have all been removed, you can stop with the bickering and name calling now or someone will be going on holiday.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, pattayadude said:

if it doesn't impact your view, what's your relentless pursuit?

Please give details of my relentless pursuit. Point out any posts that may have given that impression....or are you just making it up as you go along?

9 hours ago, pattayadude said:

I  admitted on my previous quote this is a dead project but still you don't let it go and keep quoting me..

it's dead, kaput!.At best, It's in a court battle that could take 10 years or longer.

Whatever I believe is my opinion.

All posters have left but you are still clinging on it as if you will be miserable once this topic is also dead.

You keep quoting me even though it's only one word that you are not comfortable with.

You cause has now dwindled down to one word. "Beef"

get over it and move on dude

Ok...if you agree that the project is dead, then hopefully this will be the last post we see from you on the subject.

I'm out. Let's see if you can move on.

I'll be taking note of your post above, lest you forget and start ranting about it again later..

15 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

then hopefully this will be the last post we see from you on the subject.

you are not the authority to decide that.

...and who is "we"?

I'm out

i doubt it ...:coffee1:

if you agree that the project is dead

I didn't agree. it being "dead" was MY statement.

It is dead until this or another developer agrees to perform all the required corrections (whatever they may be).

Furthermore, this project is a "cash cow" for the authorities(!) and the last thing they want to do is to kill the cow.

The next non-military mayor may have a different opinion on it.

This is politics and money.

They do mix in the world I live in!

Edited by pattayadude

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 2:45 PM, KneeDeep said:

Ok...if you agree that the project is dead, then hopefully this will be the last post we see from you on the subject.

I'm out. Let's see if you can move on.

I'll be taking note of your post above, lest you forget and start ranting about it again later..

IMO the Waterfront typifies everything that has gone wrong for Pattaya, along with the marina, the Bali Hai car park, speedboat parking along the waterfront etc etc. As such, it's a subject worth keeping at the forefront of conversation.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO the Waterfront typifies everything that has gone wrong for Pattaya, along with the marina, the Bali Hai car park, speedboat parking along the waterfront etc etc. As such, it's a subject worth keeping at the forefront of conversation.

it also is the epitome of corruption and mismanagement of funds and infrastructural chaos that pops up in different parts of the city in the form of floods, beach erosion, boat, jet-ski and chair mafia, seized sidewalks throughout the city, concrete jungle, trash mounds, bugs and stink in the mornings.It also destroyed  the marina with the first high tide.

Edited by pattayadude

Some baiting posts have been removed, be advised digging up posts from way back is stalking and we take a very poor view of that.

There will be no public warning next time just a long holiday.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2018 at 12:41 PM, pattayadude said:

Why??

....in addition, I have connections to the former incumbents of City Hall.

So some of the info that you have read over the years has come from me....indirectly.

On 7/5/2018 at 12:35 PM, phycokiller said:

certainly the last page or so of your comments are, no argument from me

I'm confused. Why would you attack someone who backed up your your suggestion that someone may have an undeclared vested interest in the Waterfront?

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems the only people that have an interest in the Waterfront being completed are those that invested in an antisocial building, while everyone else wants it to be pulled down.

Never realized a structure could be antisocial. What's with that? 

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems the only people that have an interest in the Waterfront being completed are those that invested in an antisocial building, while everyone else wants it to be pulled down.

Once upon a time a group of antisocial developers  started to build an antisocial building, permitted by antisocial authorities, bought by antisocial investors in an antisocial corner of the city behind a decaying antisocial marina in an antisocial boat parking that looked more like a boat junkyard with full of junkyard dogs.

What the heck? Pull that building down!

Keep the rest...

Lion asks the camel: why is your neck all bent out of shape?

Camel sighs: What part of me isn't 

Edited by pattayadude