Women's Hair Salons -- Seeking Recommendations

Rasseru

Moved here with my wife recently, and she is now ready to find a place to get her hair done. She is talking of our taking a trip to Bangkok for that reason. Before we do that, though, I'd like to see if anyone can recommend a hair salon here in Chiangmai.

We need someone who is good at cutting, of course, but who can also do perms and highlighting well. My wife is Japanese, so the person would ideally be experienced with Japanese hair, or at least similarly dark, straight and thick hair. Neither of us speaks any Thai, so best would be someone who speaks Japanese, but failing that, English would do, since I can translate.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Moved here with my wife recently, and she is now ready to find a place to get her hair done. She is talking of our taking a trip to Bangkok for that reason. Before we do that, though, I'd like to see if anyone can recommend a hair salon here in Chiangmai.

We need someone who is good at cutting, of course, but who can also do perms and highlighting well. My wife is Japanese, so the person would ideally be experienced with Japanese hair, or at least similarly dark, straight and thick hair. Neither of us speaks any Thai, so best would be someone who speaks Japanese, but failing that, English would do, since I can translate.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I usually go to Salon de Bangkok on the 2nd floor of Emporium in Bangkok, which means I go for quite a while between trims! There is a place in Airport Plaza (2nd flr I think) with some good stylists who have a little English...though I found that a photo was very useful. There are also some modern-looking salons around Huay Kaew Rd, Nimanheimin Rd., and Moon Muang Rd. Your wife's hair sounds like many Thai women's hair, so she is very likely to find a good hairdresser here in Chiang Mai.

Hi there

Without any shadow of doubt, Khun Wit at Hairpro.

He has 2 branches , speaks good English and his phone number is 053 400 253. One branch on Huaykaew Rd, near the Rincome night market and the other one just inside the city at Changpuek Gate.

Ally

Thank you, fruittbatt and Allyt, for your helpful suggestions.

..I cut my own hair with a Nicky Clarke homecare kit !!!!

I am with you, ThaiPauly, using a pair of shears once a week over head and beard. No fuss, no muss, and, of course, ever so stylish. But we have to recognise and understand that not everyone feels the same way on the subject. :o