Every Picture Tells a Story #2

Inspire

LIFESTYLE

Every Picture Tells a Story #2

picture.jpg

Welcome to “Every Picture Tells a Story”; a weekly post about living in Thailand. Each week we’ll post a picture that illustrates some of the little things those of us fortunate enough to live here hold dear.

Grandmas will be Grandmas
It’s always easy to spot someone who has only been in Thailand a short time. Invariably, newcomers constantly point out differences between their home country and Thailand. To be sure, the differences are many.

At some point we expatriates cross a threshold and start noticing how things in our old home and our new place are similar. And that is the story that this picture tells.

When I was a kid, my family was famous for taking road trips to visit the rest of the tribe 12 hours away. These were the typical family trips like you see in the movies, complete with cheesy roadside attractions and lots of chatter from the back seat like, “Are we there yet?”

My grandparents were always happy to see us and exclaim how much we’d grown. Grandma would cook day and night to make sure we were all fattened up. When we left for the long trip home, she’d gather up all manner of fruits and vegetables from her garden for us to take home. Sometimes she’d even throw in a few jars of home-made jellies and pickles. I remember thinking, “Does Grandma think we don’t have that stuff back home?”

Full story: http://www.inspirepattaya.com/lifestyle/every-picture-tells-story-2/

inspire-pattaya1.jpg
-- Inspire Pattaya 2016-01-16

Yes Mate I come originally from an undeveloped country and live for 40 years in Aussieland and i can compare and understand but this forum for me is to remember how good and happy we have a life here I can not understand people that complain so much about this land and live here ????? why ??? a mistery to me he he he

Have a G'day mate and thanks again for a happy note ..... just make my Sunday

Agree with the post and all the previous replies, love it here, love my family here, love my work here, wouldn't live anywhere else. Thanks for the positive post.

Edited by rondii