Cloud Storage

MrBrad

I am wanting to store my data "in the clouds," as they say. I see that Drop-Box is not offered in Thailand.

I'd appreciate getting recommendations on cloud storage, particularly with regard to security, ease of use, trial offer, easy on the wallet, and size of storage. Also, I'd just as well like to know what companies to avoid.

Thanks.

Onedrive from Microsoft is perfect, took a familie abo on office 365 for 100 a Year, Get 5 accounts with that So you can get 5 users (fam) or pc with there own office excel/word/onenote. And. 5 times cloud storage. stored already 100gb of photos. And stil not full.

You can also put your music in it.

You also get free 60 minute of Skype calling to worldwide phones a month.

And that for less Than 10 a month , and THE best part is if you Buy a cheap Windows tablet you get a Year all that free , So i bought already 2 for 70 euro. , So im good till end 2017. And sold them both again for 50 a piece.

https://products.office.com/en-US/office-365-home

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Type in "free cloud storage solution" in your search engine should already give you many articles to read with comparison of different solutions.

It depends how much space you need but all those solutions can solve your problem for free if you are well organized. You could put all your photos on Cloud X, all your videos on Cloud Y and so on.

Otherwise I'm using since many years Carbonite. 60$ per year for a personal PC. I tried several solutions and that's the one I prefer. With this one you just right click the file or folder you want to backup and it's done, it even adds a green point in Windows Explorer next to the file/folder so it's really easy and convenient to see if the documents are, or not, in the cloud.

Try to use the free trial of the different solutions to see the pros and cons and what should fit your needs better.

With regard to the question of how much data needs be stored, I don't have much at all: just some personal Excel spreadsheets and Word documents and the like. Lots of photos, though; family history photos, trips, and the usual. I'm not a professional photographer who needs to save thousands or more photos. Again, just the usual few documents and pictures.

The reason I'm inquiring is that a week ago my laptop was stolen, and of course my whole life was on that computer. Fortunately I had everything that I considered important also backed up on a Seagate external drive. And also fortunately the external drive was not also stolen, so I still have everything. That said, what happens if next time the Seagate drive is also stolen?

I--and we all--need to store our valuable data where it cannot be lost forever.

Thanks for your advice.

OP, i don't understand your point about Dropbox not being available in Thailand?

Do you mean Dropbox doesn't have local servers? That would also apply to some of the suggestions you have already on the thread.

If not, you have me extremely concerned as to why my personal DB, and probably more worried about my DB for business accounts work flawlessly here.

And that is the major plus with Dropbox, it just works, no restrictions as to title characters, no restrictions as to file numbers. it just works......................thumbsup.gif

MS really need to learn from this technology, especially as regards to their nightmare of One Drive for Business which still isn't working properly even after their new release/major upgrade in Q4 last year. I can't understand how they can release a product for business that isn't even compatable with W8.1.

I am possibly wrong on saying that DropBox is not available here. In fact, I've spoken with a couple friends now who say they use it. But I could swear I saw it somewhere on their website, that is, that Dropbox is available in the US, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand and a number of other countries, but Thailand wasn't mentioned.

And now that I try to find whatever it was that I thought I read, I cannot find it. So, I'm discombobulated a bit. Sorry for the confusion and angst that I may have caused. All's well.

Archived