For The Dutch And Belgians Under Us

Dirk_brijs

Nah not as far as I know.

I am a belgian living in England and Pattaya is becoming my second home.

Maybe, but that is just a maybe you can get it at a belgian restaurant on second road opposite Soi10 which is called Klein Vlaanderen

Good luck finding one, and if you do, let me know :o

Pete

Unfortunately, you can't buy then in Thailand!

As such Mabprachan Resort doesn't have them on the menu, although they do expect some private stock to be flown over from Belgium pretty soon :D

Dirk, you're basically a month or so too late, there was a tiny bar/restaurant around the Lake (called Ann's place) wich had the genuine imported frikandel on the menu! The lady running the place is married to a Belgian guy, who flew into Thailand every 6 weeks with fresh stock!

However, extremely unfortunately, the place is now sold to a German bloke and the frikandels are no more :o

I used to stop there at least twice a week for my dose of "curryworst special" with french fries :D

OP,thought they were two completely different things.

Me too! I thought that a frikandel ( a.k.a. frikadel, frikadella) was similar in size, but slightly thicker, to a burger but 50/50 ground beef and ground pork, flavoured with nutmeg and containing bread crumbs, egg, onion, a little milk, salt and pepper.

I also though that a curry wurst was a mild curry flavoured pork-based German-style sausage but fatter and longer than the average frnkfurter sausage.

....so, two completely different things but maybe my training has led me astray somewhere in the past!!

You can find them at the old Dutch restaurant. they used to have a branch in BKK sukumvit soi 23 (you have to check out if its still there or you have to fly up to Chiangrai where the Old Dutch for sure has them. Good luck!! and if you find an other place where they sell, let us know. :o

You can find them at the old Dutch restaurant. they used to have a branch in BKK sukumvit soi 23 (you have to check out if its still there or you have to fly up to Chiangrai where the Old Dutch for sure has them. Good luck!! and if you find an other place where they sell, let us know. :o

any contacts on them ? an address or phone number maybe?

Nah not as far as I know.

I am a belgian living in England and Pattaya is becoming my second home.

Maybe, but that is just a maybe you can get it at a belgian restaurant on second road opposite Soi10 which is called Klein Vlaanderen

Good luck finding one, and if you do, let me know :o

Pete

I think that would be opposite Soi 7 :D

It has a good reputation for Belgian food.

Naka.

You guys should really read this thread before commenting.

Dutch Frikandellen are competely different than the German Frikandelle.

Ones that are in Friendship look like a thick burger...........obviously not the same thing.

Maybe limbo you could enlighten us all as to what the difference is?

You guys should really read this thread before commenting.

Dutch Frikandellen are competely different than the German Frikandelle.

Ones that are in Friendship look like a thick burger...........obviously not the same thing.

Maybe limbo you could enlighten us all as to what the difference is?

A dutch Frkandel is a snack cooked in hot oil in the deep fat fryer and has unlinke the Belgian name curryworst nothing to do with Curry but has a fine distinct spice taste to it and i dont mean thai spicy with that.

Whilea German Frikandel is a plain sausage with some seasoning added to it that is cooked in a pan or BBQ.

Edited by Dirk_brijs

On top of that, a Dutch Frikandel is made out of all the leftovers and udders of a cow. Sorry Dirk, but I don't like them at all, I find them rather disgusting, all my life I ate one and threw up. Never had another one, although I tried a few times small bits.

A German Frikandelle, guess it depends partly where you are in Germany what it could mean (Berlin vs rest Germany, correct?). It's NOT a curryworst (very good BTW), it's more like a hamburger slap of meat, if memory serves me correctly.

A German Frikandelle, guess it depends partly where you are in Germany what it could mean (Berlin vs rest Germany, correct?). It's NOT a curryworst (very good BTW), it's more like a hamburger slap of meat, if memory serves me correctly.

They are the ones in Friendship............. :o

A dutch Frkandel is a snack cooked in hot oil in the deep fat fryer and has unlinke the Belgian name curryworst nothing to do with Curry but has a fine distinct spice taste to it and i dont mean thai spicy with that.

post-3455-1161172333_thumb.jpg

My dogs are already producing twice daily (no preservatives or additives, free range quality guaranteed) with that special hint of som tam.

Yummy! :D

Please PM for orders; live production at your home service available, dogs willing... :o

• 4 months later...
after all that time lets see if we have more luck this time around

anyone know if any frikandel or curryworst available in Pattaya or Bkk?????

Please help

the manager for "boucherie " departement in CARREFOUR is Belgian !

maybe can do it for you ! just ask him ...

after all that time lets see if we have more luck this time around

anyone know if any frikandel or curryworst available in Pattaya or Bkk?????

Please help

the manager for "boucherie " departement in CARREFOUR is Belgian !

maybe can do it for you ! just ask him ...

Your post suggests that you suspect meat beig one of the main ingredients of a Frikandel...don't want to hurt anybody's feelings, but you may better ask a saw mill manager.... :o

Try that Dutch place in Soi Diana, more or less opposite the Opey de Place hotel. They serve Bitterballen and if I remember correctly they also have Frikandels on the menu.

• 1 month later...

If you eat curryworst after living for a while on rice and Thai food I don't guarantee you'll be able to keep it inside. it's very fat and heavy. It's made of horse meat, chicken carcasses (that are cooked to remove the meat left overs), pieces of pork/beef (close to the bone) that are not good for selling as meat.

It's extremely fat and unhealthy. It's much more heavy than a hamburger.

The first thing that I ate after living 1 year in Thailand and returning to Belgium was french frice with curryworst. It came all out after 15 minutes.