Xbox 360 Price In Bkk

LivinLOS

Now that 'backup' games are readily available I am tempted to load up on a 360.. Just went and spoke to a local game store here who quoted a pretty high price for the premium package (wireless controller, 20 GB HD, etc).. This would come with the firmware hack pre flashed so backup games ok but xbox live not safe..

Personally I would actually prefer a vigin unflashed system and fit a new modchip as the features and quality will be higher than the 'cheapest option' sold to me.. also allows for safe playing on live services..

So what is the BKK / Pantip price for the prmium xbox package.. Flashed or not..

What he quoted was 2.5x what it would be stateside or UK.. Seems a bit too much price gouging.

Got mine around 6 months ago in MBK - 20Gb HD, controller, remote, step-down transformer + 4 games (Burnout, Oblivion, GRAW, DOA4) for 28,000bt. You get a good deal on the games here, cheaper than the UK. EA games especially, go for around 1500 baht.

That was 6 months ago so you ought to get a slightly better deal on the console now.

Kinda my point.. Thats 700 USD.. I was offered 24k for system and IIRC 2 games.. Quite simply I wasnt getting on board until copy games are available.. Now with the firmware flash or chips they are easy..

Looking at UK or US though a premium pack can be about <250 USD.. I expect to pay more here but thats a LOT more..

Compared to the US then sure, the price may seem high. However, i come from the UK and the console with 1 game will set you back 300 pounds sterling there - thats 21,000 baht.

Add on 3 new games priced at 39 quid each then the Thai price i paid doesn't look so bad.

Certainly no bargain but comparable with the UK. Although saying that, UK prices are pretty much a rip off anyway.

Edited by james512

I just went to Amazon.co.uk to add up the UK price of the 360 + the 4 games i bought and the total was 29,211 bt at today's exchange rate. It would of been more than that 6 months ago as some of the games have come down in price now.

The same package at Amazon.com today is 590 US... so say 22,000 baht.

All 360's are imported in Thailand and if you want to own one here, your best bet is to bring one back from overseas or just pay the higher premium they charge here.

On ebay.co.uk new sealed 360's are in the 200 - 230 GBP mark.. Even Seen one in new sealed box at 100 GBP buy it now but with a heafty 50 GBP shipping cost.

Though if I get my brother to bring one out from UK then its a Euro machine and worries about DVD use.. Region coding on games.. Etc etc etc

Also the Japanese versions is what we are getting here and those are the cheapest of the bunch.. I dont mind someone making some profit but to make >100% markup seems extreme. Lik Sang will mail a Jap one for 399 USD or <16k baht.

Really I just wanted to know if I was getting a crap price because it was Phuket.. But it seems Thailand is a crap price all over.. Nearly 10k over global pricess, normally mainstream electronics are not so over inflated.

On ebay.co.uk new sealed 360's are in the 200 - 230 GBP mark.. Even Seen one in new sealed box at 100 GBP buy it now but with a heafty 50 GBP shipping cost.

Though if I get my brother to bring one out from UK then its a Euro machine and worries about DVD use.. Region coding on games.. Etc etc etc

Also the Japanese versions is what we are getting here and those are the cheapest of the bunch.. I dont mind someone making some profit but to make >100% markup seems extreme. Lik Sang will mail a Jap one for 399 USD or <16k baht.

Really I just wanted to know if I was getting a crap price because it was Phuket.. But it seems Thailand is a crap price all over.. Nearly 10k over global pricess, normally mainstream electronics are not so over inflated.

XBOX doesn't have region code, AFAIK. Don't tell me they introduced it for the 360... for DVDs, sure, probably need a firmware flash or modchip in order to region-free DVDs. But games - no region code.

eBay... actually, I forgot all about them, so fair point :o

Despite what others have posted there IS region coding on the games, but confusingly, not on all games. Apparently it's up to the developers if they include it or not, however, DVD region coding is mandatory.

Here's a link to see what games are compatible with each system.

http://www.xbox-sky.com/xbox360_regional_c...tibility_guide/

livininlos

next time i go to sapanlek , i will ask the shop ( next week ), can you give list of model you want .

I am going to look for the Xbox 360 premium package (that comes with a 20 GB hard disc and 1 wireless controller) and usually 2 legit games..

Flexible on the games included side but must be the premium pack not the core system pack.

I think I would prefer an unmodified virgin one as I will then do a modchip myself.. I know whats in it then and will use a good one rather than a cheap one.

If you could find a BKK price I would be grateful.. Have a buddy coming from N america in 2 weeks so probably best prices I could find there.

Despite what others have posted there IS region coding on the games, but confusingly, not on all games. Apparently it's up to the developers if they include it or not, however, DVD region coding is mandatory.

Here's a link to see what games are compatible with each system.

http://www.xbox-sky.com/xbox360_regional_c...tibility_guide/

OMG this is crazy. I stand corrected. I am kind of flabbergasted that they would do this kind of thing - MS actually leaves games region coding up to the manufacturer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360

What a mess...

livininlos

next time i go to sapanlek , i will ask the shop ( next week ), can you give list of model you want .

I am going to look for the Xbox 360 premium package (that comes with a 20 GB hard disc and 1 wireless controller) and usually 2 legit games..

Flexible on the games included side but must be the premium pack not the core system pack.

I think I would prefer an unmodified virgin one as I will then do a modchip myself.. I know whats in it then and will use a good one rather than a cheap one.

If you could find a BKK price I would be grateful.. Have a buddy coming from N america in 2 weeks so probably best prices I could find there.

that is the list of the last games i got for a friend :

Germany World Cup 2006 or EA SPORTS 2006 FIFA World Cup (not sure what its called)

FIFA Street 2

V8 Championship Manager 2006

MotoGp 3

NASCAR 06: Total Team Control

Pro Evolution Soccer 5

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey

Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition

Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast

Sensible Soccer

Dancing Stage Unleashed

EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 3

Ford Street Racing

Pac-Man World? 3

Project Gotham Racing 2

I note ..

i will go soon , i live close by !

original Xbox games will be hard to find ! lol

in sapanlek only one or two shops selling Xbox games, most are playstation 2

I hope the one i go will be able to give me a idea of price for the hardware ! that will be a starting point .

Edited by simcity

I got him down to 18k on the phone today.. thats for premium pack with no games.. Firmware pre flashed.

Considering I will prolly spend 300 - 350 usd and then have a us one (region issue on games) and need a 110v step down.. Probably better to get one here.. Sure it saves 100 USD but then its all through one local guy who I can hound if theres issues..

I got him down to 18k on the phone today.. thats for premium pack with no games.. Firmware pre flashed.

Considering I will prolly spend 300 - 350 usd and then have a us one (region issue on games) and need a 110v step down.. Probably better to get one here.. Sure it saves 100 USD but then its all through one local guy who I can hound if theres issues..

I pass in sapanlek this morning , did not take your list as i did not know i was going there !

i went to the shop but they have what you looking for :

'I am going to look for the Xbox 360 premium package (that comes with a 20 GB hard disc and 1 wireless controller) but not games , i am sure they will kick some copy !

PRICE they tell me : 16000 baht , i am regular in the shop and sapanlek , contact me if you want to go further !