Plumber in Sansai?

Oscar2

anyone know a good plumber who works the Sansai area? i usually do all plumbing repairs myself - or my wife does them as well. but we have a huge leak somewhere and i think it may be under the house or somewhere i can't find or get to. the meter is spinning endlessly and our last 2 bills have been 1100 Bath when they are usually never more than 400-500.

thanks in advance for anyone's help.

San Sai is 40+kilometers long, more specifically where are you?

The first problem is to try to isolate areas to help locate the problem. Can you turn off water coming into the house with a valve just outside the house? This could tell you if the problem is in the house or between the house and the meter. Are there any other valves which could be closed to help isolate specific areas? My house has several valves which will shut off different areas. Can you close a valve near to the meter to isolate it and make sure it stops turning when the water is off?

Finally with the amount of the recent bills, the water leakage is large and you should be able to see moisture somewhere around the piping in the house or outside where the leak is. This can take time to show but should be visable.

Check around outside to be sure that a neighbor has not tapped into your water line.

hi Dante, thanks for your reply. we're in Nong Jom.

yes we can shut the water off at the meter. stops spinning right away. biggrin.png

no the only other valves are at the toilets and sinks, hose bibs, etc.

i have inspected all over and do not see any unusually wet areas in the garden, on concrete, etc.

there are no neighbors anywhere around so nobody has tapped in to the water line.

Can you find the pipes where the water enters the house? Probably near the bathroom and kitchen walls? If so you could put in valves on those lines to isolate areas, Those valves are handy for when you need to do repairs too.

You can just wait untill the water shows itself. I had a leak once, the pump was cycling slowly, It took 2-3 months for the water to show but it sounds like you have a lot more water leaking than I did.

If you can not find the leak, I am not sure a plumber could and I don't think you want to hire a plumber to break up walls and floors just to look for it.

Archived