Help For Bad Skin /acne?

JoneL

Honestly, I took accutane for about four months and in that time I didn't notice any change apart from severe mouth dryness...............................

...............................Stay out of the sun for extended periods and wear loose clothing.

yeah, treatment is very specific to the person and indeed that may not work for every one... while i was on my treatment of accutane that i ordered from http://www.bbonlinepharmacy.com/product/17...nin-roaccutane/ i had some side effects like dryness and my moods did swing a bit with some inclination towards depression but the doctor was here as back up and there was also the combination to support the condition (like going to the sea). Indeed my treatment was quite different from others and it was kind of miracle. But i really think that someone should seek for a good combination relative to his confidence.

It is reaal tre that you should be wearing loose clothing here which are real help to ease the body.

and by the way roaccutane an accutane are the same thing.

Edited by jamesiha

In my opinion, tretinoin is the best topical (externally applied) treatment for acne. In Thailand, it is available as Retin-A gel. It would be much more effective in the form of a liposome spray, but this is horribly expensive and not available in Thailand.

In severe cases of acne, dermatologists add a short treatment period with minocycline (brand name in Thailand: Minoxidil). Like chlortetracycline, mentioned in another post, minocycline is a tetracycline derivative, but more effective.

---------------

Maestro

haven't yet read through all these posts, but wanted to add that i had bad acne as a teenager and all the way into my mid-20s. i used retina, which just made my face dry and flaky, as well as topical antibiotics and just about every cleaning product out there. then i did some reading up on the internet and found that if women have acne past the age of 22 or so, it is most likely due to a hormone imbalance. i learned that i should take a drug called spironolactone to counteract an excess of testosterone, got some from a pharmacy in bangkok, and have had perfect skin ever since. i also use clearisil deep pore cleaning pads but they have stopped selling them in thailand.

• 2 weeks later...

May I ask how long did you take Spironolactone for and in what quantity? I am interested in this as I have also previously been prescribed Roaccutane, however still have "problem" skin! When I was younger, the doctor also mentioned about an hormonal imbalance.. Grateful for your comments.....

• 2 weeks later...
May I ask how long did you take Spironolactone for and in what quantity? I am interested in this as I have also previously been prescribed Roaccutane, however still have "problem" skin! When I was younger, the doctor also mentioned about an hormonal imbalance.. Grateful for your comments.....

I think that you can have a treatment of spironolactone for about one or two years (or maybe more). I had a girlfriend that was on yasmin and that was to regulate her hormonal imbalance while at the same time acting as a contraceptive measure.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey there,

a friend of mine suffers from spots too. She bought an ebook called steps to perfectly clear skin, or something like that, from the website: www.perfectlyclearskin.com

She raves about it... say's it's really helped her. I don't suffer with my skin thank goodness... but wish you luck - it's not a fun especially out here when it's so humid! ugh!

May I ask how long did you take Spironolactone for and in what quantity?

take the minimum dosage that works for you as it can cause problems with your liver or something like that... I take 25mg a day and have been doing it for like 6 years. but you really should get a doctor to check you out first. my diagnosis (and the reason i had bad skin at one point) was Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, which causes a host of problems including an excess of testosterone, which affects your skin.

oh, i also take a low dose, monophasic birth control pill every day to help regulate hormones. i used to use Nordette but they stopped selling it so now I use Microgynon.

Edited by girlx

I can speak with considerable experience on the subject as a fellow sufferer, and would ultimately recommend Sheryl's postings which seem bang on the mark to me.

You have to have an honest assessment of your acne in order to establish the best course of treatment : severe acne or long standing moderate acne can only be cured by (ro)accutane IMHO. My brother had this course of treatment to great effect but it must be expertly monitored as one fairly rare side effect can be liver damage. The case is not just cosmetic, some spots can really hurt, and lead to headaches.

Mild to moderate acne can be halted by antibiotics, this tends to require experimentation a bit, personally I have had very good results from minocin and doxycycline, if you're lucky topical clindamycin might do the trick. the problem with long term use of antibiotics is they may cause other problems, and they do not provide a true cure (not that there is an illness as such), and as soon as you stop the acne comes back in my experience.

Personally I do not believe mild acne should be regarded as an issue, more a case of talking things over I think.

It does sound like accutane could be discussed with a qualified doctor.