Calls for boycott of Oscars grow over diversity of nominees

webfact

The onus is still on you and all others making racism accusations to prove race was a factor in the Oscar nominations this year.

Yoy can write all the 2000 word essays you want - but you still have no proof.

As for how I know you are white, it is quite obvious. Your faux indignation for one.

It is very difficult to have a debate with someone who doesn't even bother to pay attention to what is being debated. You merely want to spout off your silly old man outrage. Well keep on with that but don't presume to tell others what to do or say.

Where did I ever talk about racism in the Oscar nomination process? Where, in fact did I even talk about the Oscar nomination process. My argument is based on the institutionalised oppression of minorities in the film and television industry and how your silly idea of a levy to fund minority productions causing laziness among minorities is an expression of your bigoted mind. You then to proceed to make slurs about my writing style. What's next, telling me about my medication?

My indignation is real. I identify with a minority group. I have been attacked and stereotyped my whole life. My outrage is entirely real. You do not get to say who has what responsibility for proving what. Particularly when I never even said anything remotely connected to that subject. Do you even bother to read for understanding or do you just write crap in response to anything that is said?

Old man outrage. Talk about stereotypes.

The onus is still on you to prove racism.

As it is, you are just attacking me personally to cover the lack of proof.

Very effective way of winning arguments. Just don't bother to read what someone says and just repeat the same idiocy over and over again.

There is no onus on me to prove racism. I have not even discussed the topic of racism with you. You made the nonsensical claim that minority film producers would be too lazy to produce movies if they were given money as a result of a levy on other fit producers. It is, in fact, your onus to demonstrate any evidence, provide any data or information that your stupid claim is true. Now I will use the term racism. You slur on minorities and their response to subsidies is racist. No need for me to prove anything. You are hoist by your own petard. Now prove you aren't.

Your retreat into victimhood is also a poorly executed feint. I attack your inability to take any relevant point in my text. I attack your racist allegation against minority film producers. I attack your unthinking and foolish accusation of faux indignation. What personal attack?

What style you have. I guess you win debates by others just giving up in response to dumb insolence.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The onus is still on you and all others making racism accusations to prove race was a factor in the Oscar nominations this year.

Yoy can write all the 2000 word essays you want - but you still have no proof.

As for how I know you are white, it is quite obvious. Your faux indignation for one.

It is very difficult to have a debate with someone who doesn't even bother to pay attention to what is being debated. You merely want to spout off your silly old man outrage. Well keep on with that but don't presume to tell others what to do or say.

Where did I ever talk about racism in the Oscar nomination process? Where, in fact did I even talk about the Oscar nomination process. My argument is based on the institutionalised oppression of minorities in the film and television industry and how your silly idea of a levy to fund minority productions causing laziness among minorities is an expression of your bigoted mind. You then to proceed to make slurs about my writing style. What's next, telling me about my medication?

My indignation is real. I identify with a minority group. I have been attacked and stereotyped my whole life. My outrage is entirely real. You do not get to say who has what responsibility for proving what. Particularly when I never even said anything remotely connected to that subject. Do you even bother to read for understanding or do you just write crap in response to anything that is said?

Old man outrage. Talk about stereotypes.

The onus is still on you to prove racism.

As it is, you are just attacking me personally to cover the lack of proof.

Very effective way of winning arguments. Just don't bother to read what someone says and just repeat the same idiocy over and over again.

There is no onus on me to prove racism. I have not even discussed the topic of racism with you. You made the nonsensical claim that minority film producers would be too lazy to produce movies if they were given money as a result of a levy on other fit producers. It is, in fact, your onus to demonstrate any evidence, provide any data or information that your stupid claim is true. Now I will use the term racism. You slur on minorities and their response to subsidies is racist. No need for me to prove anything. You are hoist by your own petard. Now prove you aren't.

Your retreat into victimhood is also a poorly executed feint. I attack your inability to take any relevant point in my text. I attack your racist allegation against minority film producers. I attack your unthinking and foolish accusation of faux indignation. What personal attack?

What style you have. I guess you win debates by others just giving up in response to dumb insolence.

This whole thread is about racism, Gloria.

Is the NBA racist because it under represents the white community? Simple yes or no will do. No need to full a whole page.

Edited by pedro01

Funny thing is.

Nobody complains about over representation of black in sports because we know that for certain speorts, they are genetically superior.

So why cant white people be genetically superior actors?

Small screen UK

Ant and Dec have done it again, winning their 15th National Television Award for best entertainment presenter.

That's 15 in a row, their record sheet remaining clean and sparkly since 2001 (there was no ceremony in 2009).

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-01-20/ant-and-dec-win-15th-consecutive-nta-award

No boycotts, no throwing Teddies from the pram.

Would they still be squealing if there were several Asian-Americans and or LBGT persons up for Oscars, but no African-Americans?

I suspect they would.

Storm in a tea-cup started by a talentless midget who's only claim to fame is who she married.

What does Hill have to do with this? thumbsup.gif

I don't think so but I do think the protest pressure will begin to increase tokenism to some degree.

I don't think so, at least not as long as there are secret ballots. Can you imagine Academy members having their votes made public? Screw appearing insensitive to minorities, they wouldn't want to upset their friends/family, potential employers, a director/producer/studio they want to work with or are currently working with.