Kaspersky Antivirus

youngkiwi

i am intrigue ! i just find a disc with Kaspersky_Anti-Virus_Personal_v5.0.142 , i am doing a update on the antivirus and will run a full scan !

i will post what it find !

i have zone alarm / AVG antivirus / spyware terminator !

Well done zone alarm / AVG antivirus / spyware terminator !

kaspersky did not find any virus !

perhaps it is due 1 year ago i done a clean instalation of window and secure my computer from start !

i am staying with the three devils i know !

From a company named Herman St.

Name Quantity Price Total:

BitDefender 9 Standard-Download Only and FREE Spy Sweeper-Download Only 1 $24.95 $24.95

Total: $24.95

Tax Total: No Tax (0.00%) $0.00

Total: $24.95

Bit Defender works great and I also bought a two year subscription for Spy Sweeper.

installed kapersky and it did find a lot of crap that AVG obviously didn't. hmm.... whats the price for bitdefender?

1 year 1 pc, $29.95

They have a free on-line scanner here > http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html appears to require IE 4 or greater.

Bit Defender is a very good product in terms of the number of virus definitions it detects and is on par with Kaspersky in this regard. It is however highly annoying when performing updates every hour as the program appears on the taskbar which is obtrusive. Kaspersky performs updates in the background. Scanning speed is also slower than Kaspersky and the product does not have the same level of support on its public support forums.

I like to see the little taskbar icon come on when it updates. It reminds me that the update is working. Why should I care about scan speed? It scans in the background and I do everything I normally do while it is scanning. The little icon on the taskbar tells me the percent progress. If Kaspersky had been $24.95 and Bit Defender $49.95 I'd have bought Kaspersky.

Bit Defender is a very good product in terms of the number of virus definitions it detects and is on par with Kaspersky in this regard. It is however highly annoying when performing updates every hour as the program appears on the taskbar which is obtrusive. Kaspersky performs updates in the background. Scanning speed is also slower than Kaspersky and the product does not have the same level of support on its public support forums.

[/quot

The update coming up on the taskbar very hour is annoying and distracting from the work you are doing. I never worry that the update is not working as Kaspersky is a tried and proven product with top notch reliability. I take your point though that some users may want the reassurance of knowing the updates are working.

A fast scan speed is important as it reduces the load on your computer. I think this is an important aspect of any antivirus protection product. Both BitDefender and Kaspersky are great products, but in my view Kaspersky takes the lead in many, many areas.