Best Hotel In Ratchburi

youngkiwi

On a recent trip to Ratchburi, I stayed at Western Grand Hotel (not to be confused with the Great Western international chain of hotels). This hotel is a standalone operation, brand new and impecably immaculate. Room rates vary between 800 and 2500 baht in the low season and from 1200 to 3200 baht in the high season.

Our standard rooms on the third floor was spacious and the beds and pillows comfortable. The water pressure on the shower was low (a common problem with some hotels outside of the capital), and the water heater had also been set to a low temperature which was disappointing. I see no reason why hotels should skimp in this fashion.

In-room internet is advertised as available, but we were informed the installation had not been yet been completed. Free wifi was available in the reception which worked well.

There are no facilities such as swimming pool but with its low rates and modern comfort, the hotel is a pleasant addition to Ratchaburi and is sure to become the preferred hotel for business and western travellers. Overall, I would give it 3.5 out of 5 and would not hesitate to stay again.

The hotels web site is: http://www.westerngrandhotel.com