East Pattaya Pharmacy Owner initiates defamation case after damaging Facebook post

webfact

East Pattaya Pharmacy Owner initiates defamation case after damaging Facebook post

police-3-1.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA; -- On Thursday the owner of a Pharmacy in East Pattaya reported a case of defamation in relation to his business, in the form of a Facebook post on a popular Thai Facebook Channel.

Khun Tantanart aged 55 is the owner of the Pharmacy located in Soi Kaotalo and began by telling Police he has traded at the location for 10 years and never had a problem such as this one.

On Thursday Morning he switched on his laptop and opened the “Pattaya” Facebook Group and saw a post about his Pharmacy from a user known as “Pragorn”. It was suggested that the Pharmacy was ripping-off customers with over-priced products.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/220943/east-pattaya-pharmacy-owner-initiates-defamation-case-after-damaging-facebook-post/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-01-22

Thailand's new Internet and libel laws is a time bomb waiting to happen.

It is written in such a manner that if you say that in your opinion you think that a shop is ripping customers off by over pricing.

you have actually made the shop owner loose face, and that is not something you are allowed to do. and you can be sued and end up with 7 years in the monkey house.....

Thainess!

coffee1.gifwai2.gif

Knowing that such laws exist, why bad-mouth anyone ? Most of the time it is an attempt to elevate yourself while putting another down or - as perhaps in this case - trying to get some competitive commercial edge. There are ways to make a statement about some grievance or another without making it personal. Your own bad experience at a shop or bar or whatever may not be the same as another's experience so I take all such bitching as just that - one man's view which he can keep to himself and move on. That's my view anyway.

Always good advice: keep your mouth shut. If you have paid too much, learn a lesson and shop elsewhere.

I was ripped yesterday over a 71 baht cup of lousy coffee. Possibly instant and only warm. I never imagined 71 baht but i failed to ask prior but i paid the sum and learned a lesson.

I wonder if negative comments on TripAdvisor would fall into 'defamation'.