DSI says Thaksin's son 'Oak' must testify in Krungthai loan scandal by himself

webfact

DSI says Thaksin's son 'Oak' must testify in Krungthai loan scandal by himself

222-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) says Panthongtae "Oak" Shinawatra can't appoint nominee to testify in the Krungthai loan scandal, but must testify before the police by himself.

Affirmation of the appearance of Oak to testify in the 9.9 billion controversial loan extension by Krungthai to the real estate company developer Krisdamahanakorn (KMN) came from the DSI deputy director-general Pol Lt Col Somboon Sarasith after Thaksin Shinawatra’s son sought the postponement of his testimony in the scandal

Panthongtae was scheduled today to testify before police investigators today to answer question on a cashier cheque worth 17 million baht he received from the real estate developer.

The Bangkok Post reported that three others who included Mrs Kanchanapha Honghern, secretary to Thaksin’s ex-wife Khunying Potjaman na Pombejra; Wanchai Honghern, Ms Kanchanapha’s husband; and Manop Divari, father of former Pheu Thai MP Sita Divari were also summoned to testify today.

All were accused to be recipients to several cashier cheques given to them by the real estate firm after the 9.9 billion loan was extended.

But all sent their lawyers to seek the postponement.

Pol Lt Col Somboon said they were all allowed to put off the session for once and they must come next time by themselves.

He said since the accusations against them involved money laundering which is a criminal charge, they could not appoint nominees to testify but had to come and answer questions by themselves.

They all were due to testify about alleged money laundering in the multi-billion-baht Krungthai Bank (KTB) loan scandal.

According to Bangkok Post, the KTB extended about 9.9 billion baht in loans to subsidiaries of real estate company Krisdamahanakorn (KMN) during the Thaksin administration.

An investigation by the defunct Assets Scrutiny Committee found the money trail also indicated that Wichai Krisdathanon, owner of KMN, signed a cashier’s cheque worth 17 million baht to Mr Panthongtae but the cheque was cancelled afterwards. A cheque worth 21 million baht was also signed for Ms Kanchanapha and one for 155 million baht for Mr Manop.

On Aug 26 last year, 24 people who included former KTB president were convicted of wrongfully approving the 9.9 billion baht in loans.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/147727

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-01-22

Panthongtae "Oak" Shinawatra:

"You are saying I have to go outside the house?"

DSI:

"Yes."

"And answer questions alone?"

DSI:

"Yes."

"Can I bring my teddy bear?"

DSI:

"No."

And all that intelligent dialogue from Oak was uttered with his thumb in his mouth.....

Did he also appoint a nominee to (allegedly) accept that check? Or did he receive it personally? If he wasn't too shy to do the latter, he also shouldn't be too shy to personally answer the investigators' questions relating to the potential crime committed. Wimp.

Edited by Misterwhisper

Poor little Oakey- I hope he brings an ample supply of disposable adult undergarments.

Maybe he will be OK after all... it seems that Mommy will be there to change his nappies and hold his hand if he gets scared.

Edited by bino

I thought you gave a statement to police and testified in court!

No no no! That is for "ordinary" people! If you're amongst the "blessed" in Thailand not only do you not even have to make a statement to the police, you can even blame one of your servants, as in "you can't charge me with murder, it was my drivers gun!" See! Now you understand! smile.pngthumbsup.gifwhistling.gifwai.gif

I'm sorry, but this family is a disgrace!! They just can't help themselves, can they.

Why can't they live an honest living like the majority of us?, they would sell their grand mother for a 1,000 baht note!!

When I hear that family name it makes me want to puke.

Disgusted!!

The Krungthai bank scandal came to light in 2006 once Thaksin was no longer PM

In 2008 NACC took over the investigation.

No wonder Yingluck had the budget for the NACC cut by 60% to slow down the investigation of this.

I'm sorry, but this family is a disgrace!! They just can't help themselves, can they.

Why can't they live an honest living like the majority of us?, they would sell their grand mother for a 1,000 baht note!!

Disgusted!!

Of course they can help themselves, they've being doing it for years. Your last word says it all.

Gosh, some comments are pathetic. If you want to make a joke, at least make it funny.

Well, give it a try, green, and we'll see how droll you are yourself.

For the moment you are just being a sanctimonious, pompous, advice-giver. Even a bad joke beats that.

Disgusted!!

Is your family name better?

Do you know who I am? I'll send a message on Line, but that's it, that is all you're going to get. My aunt says I should go to Issan for 3 months or so, but I don't have any friends there and there are no good malls.

"there are no good malls"

Nowv you're going too far.

Do you know who I am? I'll send a message on Line, but that's it, that is all you're going to get. My aunt says I should go to Issan for 3 months or so, but I don't have any friends there and there are no good malls.

"there are no good malls"

Nowv you're going too far.

Not really my opinion, I'm assuming that Oak wouldn't be happy in a mall outside Bangkok. My sincere apologies to all who are happy with their malls.

Disgusted!!

Why single them out? Everyday we read news about this person that person and corruption. Why should they be any better to make you puke for them and not all the other corrupt people?