Missing yacht found sunk off Green Island

snoop1130

Missing yacht found sunk off Green Island
Kongleaphy Keam

post-249866-0-93646300-1453461897_thumb.

PHUKET: -- A 50-foot sailing yacht reported missing yesterday morning was discovered run aground off an island between Phuket and Phi Phi.

Somboon Chooseng, the owner of Anemone, reported that the yacht had gone missing from Phi Phi Don on Wednesday night, confirmed Phuket Marine Police Chief Panya Chaichana.

Within 45 minutes of the report being filed, Krabi Marine Police discovered the partially sunk boat off Koh Keaw (Green Island).

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Missing-yacht-found-sunk-off-Green-Island/62948?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-01-22

50ft .... worth maybe 40-50k depending on it's age & whether it was a top end yacht or medium quality.

At a guess, I would say he wouldn't have any insurance as boat insurance is expensive and many thai's cannot afford it.

Edited by steven100

50ft .... worth maybe 40-50k depending on it's age & whether it was a top end yacht or medium quality.

At a guess, I would say he wouldn't have any insurance as boat insurance is expensive and many thai's cannot afford it.

What a ridiculous comment..

If someone can afford a 50ft yacht, chances are they can afford the insurance.. Thai, Oz, Brit, Chinese, doesn't matter !!

Stick to cobra comments :)

If someone can afford a 50ft yacht, chances are they can afford the insurance.. Thai, Oz, Brit, Chinese, doesn't matter !!

Stick to cobra comments smile.png

well smartarse ... I have since found out that he didn't have complete insurance so I guess you can eat you humble pie alone tonight !! gigglem.gif

well smartarse ... I have since found out that he didn't have complete insurance so I guess you can eat you humble pie alone tonight !! gigglem.gif

No pie for me... It was a ridiculous comment whether he has insurance or not...

Are you sure about your evaluations there junior? I've looked at plenty of cats and other vessels in the mid 40's range and I can guarantee you that you are a few hundred thousand short of what they are trading for.

Are you sure about your evaluations there junior? I've looked at plenty of cats and other vessels in the mid 40's range and I can guarantee you that you are a few hundred thousand short of what they are trading for.

yeah maybe your right steele. That's alot of loot for yacht to be sittin on rocks.

More like 100K (US) plus for anything in seaworthy condition - course it's not worth that now! Good opportunity for salvage as the boat is abandoned and sunk. Salvor should be able to claim the full value of the wreck.

I love the way you English express yourselves.

A boat is like a huge, black vortex in the middle of the ocean where you simply throw all your money in until you are finally broke.

Boat like a car are the most expensive items you can buy. Not their purchase price but their drop in value the moment after you did buy either one.

Example: I did buy a 800 hundred thousand Top of the Line car 6-years ago, I'm lucky to be able to get 200 thousand now as a used car. And this cas is still in showroom condition because I'm not a Thai I'm an European automotive maintenance engineer, fifty years experience.