Am I being a dick to my thai gf?

fireplay

I was in one committed long term monogamous relationship or another throughout my entire 20's...4 girls to be exact...and thats probably why I don't lose my head or life over broken relationships anymore. It happens. People change. Feelings change.

Thanks for the comments.

Four girls in a decade. An average of 2.5 years. That ain't long-term, dude.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in one committed long term monogamous relationship or another throughout my entire 20's...4 girls to be exact...and thats probably why I don't lose my head or life over broken relationships anymore. It happens. People change. Feelings change.

Thanks for the comments.

Considering the gang of college and all night party kids I ran with who "dated" their way through the scene, having 2 "3" year relationships and 2 "2" year ones....those were considered long term at that age in those debaucherous 90's.

Sure. All relative...i am blown away by these 7 year relationships the thsi kids carry on from high school to 25 years old.

Thanks for the comments.

Considering the gang of college and all night party kids I ran with who "dated" their way through the scene, having 2 "3" year relationships and 2 "2" year ones....those were considered long term at that age in those debaucherous 90's.

Sure. All relative...i am blown away by these 7 year relationships the thsi kids carry on from high school to 25 years old.

Sure. The 90s were fun. But that was 25 years ago. You're a grown-up now.

Interesting points of view and valid...on a tangential note....I don't ever meet girls my age in thailand who are into the same sort of lifestyle...most want to settle in buy a house and build a family. I am looking for a girl who wants to travel the world and live in different countries....I don't want kids...maybe one or something when i find the right girl...And my party outgoing social days are behind me. I work 10 to 15 hours a day mostly 7 days a week. I exercise. I dont drink i dont go out...hard to meet girls with this life...i did the online thing...have had 3 thai girl friends in 6 years...left the first one after 9 months...the second one left me after almost 2 years and now I have been with my current a year. I am a committed honest guy...

But i agree...i have much better conversations intellectually and with women who are older and have greater worldly awareness.

I have no problems with western girls...in fact its refreshing to be back in the west with people I can communicate in abstractions with and speak with political freedoms about topics most thai girls are not interested in talking about...at least the ones I have chatted to.

You are in the wrong country. Sorry.

Most Thai girls,.... especially the educated ones will at least want to get married.

In Thailand you should be very concerned if the girl did not want to do that.

I don't want to sound like p pr1ck, but I keep saying this. Before I moved here I did a lot of research about women here. I even dated a much younger well off Thai girl in Canada and she taught me that every stereotype about Thai women is pretty much 100% correct. I married my gf literally 7 days ago. She also fits the Thai stereotype, but she also fits the good girl stereotype. A lot of people here do not believe me when I say I live in my gf townhouse and she put up a huge sinsod just to make me look good. She wanted to get married and made sure her "Thai" wedding wasn't an inconvenience to me. She is literally the most generous girl I ever met and will have no issue bringing her to Canada if she ever wishes to move.

No, she is not a supermodel and not a bar girl. We are 7 years difference in age.

There are a lot of career women in Bangkok that fit my gf profile.... some more honest than others.

Personally, I don't need drama and bs in my life.

Congratulations! Ya i have seen your posts...i have read about the canadian thai gf and the sugar mama gf now wife officially. I didnt say i didnt want to get married...just finished skype with my gf...she is now really excited to come stateside...I think the fact she makes 9 bux a day when she can make 9 bux an hour at walmart or any other minimum wage gig has motivated her to come try out the states. 6 months back and forth...saving cash...building for the dream.

Wrong country? Ya man pretty tired of the shit internet, invasion of privacy, law enforcement encroachment, students teachers and journalists getting "adjusted" koh tao et al...

Still up in the air about crashing at my friends condo...telling my gf...i still have a month to cross that bridge...but we are solid now...even with the black fb profile pic still in place.

Hey to everyone again thanks for the sincere.hilarious. and

d!ckish replies...some are real gems. I just read 8 pages at once and will try to clarify some things as if it even matters...

1. We open cam every day. The issue hasn't been raised since the initial bomb drop. Her fb pic is still black...but its all kid thueng chan rak khun again...tears from missing me....

2. We met on thai friendly. We have lived together for 1 year. Her parents and family have no idea...but her mom i think is worried/suspicious she stays with me.

3. She wont come to the usa with me...not ready. I only met her mom and dad once. I made her get a passport...I want her to move with me to tokyo this june...and see the world with me...rent an ocean cottage in greece...apartment in madrid..few months here few months there....her mom won't let her meet me in Brazil in march for a maroon 5 concert (backstage my boy does sound for dashboard confessional. Opening act) so she says now as of today she is ok to go to America end of this year

4. I dont know what to say about the money thing. Yes i take care of her but to be honest I was thinking about starting a new thread about "the long game." My girl friend is not materialistic..at all..is not into fashion...and hates to spend money. I have offered her money since i left...she refuses. I even gave her a bank card copy (sans password ) so if she needs money she can dip in there and take it. She is all about saving money. She thinks a pair of shoes for 500 bht is pang mak...she likes to look at expensive things but she never wants to buy or me to buy. I paid the rent for the next four months gave her walk around cash and paid for graduation pics. She works her ass off for 300 bht a day at tesco lotus. She just got hired at a lab starting next month.

I dont want to be the "my gf is different!" Guy but seriously some of you are way off base. She wants to get a house and start a coffee shop...I'm not ready to invest in thailand until the gov improves...and then a condo..i am not a chiang rai country guy...

Anyways I don't know why i just shared all that...maybe to keep getting more feedback on it...sorry if its off topic... thanks again its lovely to see all you guys commenting here...whose posts i read all over this site daily.

if your life is all that, why the <deleted> are you asking for advice here !!

Making her look foolish to who exactly...thats another thing...I am almost certain she doesnt or wouldn't talk about the intimate details or personal stuff about our life to people. Remember...she is lying to her friends and family about me. They think I live in Bangkok and have met her in person 3 times. Once to meet the parents. God I can't believe how naive people seem to be around here. We live together...share a home together.

Making her lose face/foolish in front or your ex. Your ex knows that the girl coming to her house is your new Gf. Your present girlfriend knows you've been with the ex and could probably picture you two going at it in the back if her mind. The whole thing about her parents... I can care less. Hopefully you're a smart guy and knows what to do. 4 relationships..... Sorry but maybe you should date around a bit more.

Sent from my iris708 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments.

He's 40. Probably didn't have very much luck in his younger years. I'd like to see a picture of this guy.

Hah? What are you assuming? I have had a girlfriend since I was 16. I just dont change them out and sleep around every few months. Guess it depends on your measurement of success...yes i have never been married...no kids...and I have never had a problem with girls liking me or falling in love with me and girlfriends stay with me on average 2 to 3 years...is that unsuccessful? Im no dog but im not posting pics here sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome responses from some big hitters on this site...I'm humbled...Thanks guys! Gives me something to think about and figure out how to best play the next move...That city isn't coming up until after my next stop in Austin....my ex's place is a 2 bdrm downtown loft laced out with art and high end decor, furnishings, easy access to everything...and she welcomes me there...always has. It may seem cheap charlie college couch surf sponge to some of you geezers but I come from the burning man generation and circle...my peeps miss me and always welcome me indefinitely....I just prefer my own room and privacy vs couches and wives...again lots of solid view points i appreciate it all.

You felt the need to share that you will be in Austin and then the ex gf's city is a left a mystery. Very odd way of posting. Include pointless materialistic details and leave out relevant information.

Edit: So the mystery city is San Francisco?

Awesome responses from some big hitters on this site...I'm humbled...Thanks guys! Gives me something to think about and figure out how to best play the next move...That city isn't coming up until after my next stop in Austin....my ex's place is a 2 bdrm downtown loft laced out with art and high end decor, furnishings, easy access to everything...and she welcomes me there...always has. It may seem cheap charlie college couch surf sponge to some of you geezers but I come from the burning man generation and circle...my peeps miss me and always welcome me indefinitely....I just prefer my own room and privacy vs couches and wives...again lots of solid view points i appreciate it all.

You felt the need to share that you will be in Austin and then the ex gf's city is a left a mystery. Very odd way of posting. Include pointless materialistic details and leave out relevant information.

Edit: So the mystery city is San Francisco?

Its relevant to the timeline of my life and hers...the story is evolving...

New dimensions

d!ckish replies...some are real gems. I just read 8 pages at once and will try to clarify some things as if it even matters...

1. We open cam every day. The issue hasn't been raised since the initial bomb drop. Her fb pic is still black...but its all kid thueng chan rak khun again...tears from missing me....

2. We met on thai friendly. We have lived together for 1 year. Her parents and family have no idea...but her mom i think is worried/suspicious she stays with me.

3. She wont come to the usa with me...not ready. I only met her mom and dad once. I made her get a passport...I want her to move with me to tokyo this june...and see the world with me...rent an ocean cottage in greece...apartment in madrid..few months here few months there....her mom won't let her meet me in Brazil in march for a maroon 5 concert (backstage my boy does sound for dashboard confessional. Opening act) so she says now as of today she is ok to go to America end of this year

4. I dont know what to say about the money thing. Yes i take care of her but to be honest I was thinking about starting a new thread about "the long game." My girl friend is not materialistic..at all..is not into fashion...and hates to spend money. I have offered her money since i left...she refuses. I even gave her a bank card copy (sans password ) so if she needs money she can dip in there and take it. She is all about saving money. She thinks a pair of shoes for 500 bht is pang mak...she likes to look at expensive things but she never wants to buy or me to buy. I paid the rent for the next four months gave her walk around cash and paid for graduation pics. She works her ass off for 300 bht a day at tesco lotus. She just got hired at a lab starting next month.

I dont want to be the "my gf is different!" Guy but seriously some of you are way off base. She wants to get a house and start a coffee shop...I'm not ready to invest in thailand until the gov improves...and then a condo..i am not a chiang rai country guy...

Anyways I don't know why i just shared all that...maybe to keep getting more feedback on it...sorry if its off topic... thanks again its lovely to see all you guys commenting here...whose posts i read all over this site daily.

Because he's trolling??

He missed a month in the absolute waterfront home in Point Piper, Sydney!! And, of course, the motor cruiser moored out the front (350 hp inboard/outboards) with a crew standing ready to whisk them to Doyles Seafood Restaurant for lunch, and the Learjet parked at the airport.

I'm sure the story is evolving.

Hard to believe a 40 year old can be so naive. You talk about wanting her to go to Greece, Spain, Japan, USA but what is it that she wants? You complained that older ladies want to settle down whereas you still don't for a while but it sounds like your 23 year old and I'm sure her family too, want her to settle down soon.

Also there's a huge difference between how easy it is for an American to get visas to go to those places. Her getting a visa to go to USA and EU is going to be a massive problem. And what are her family and friends going to think if, after travelling the world for a few years with the old farang, she returns alone?

I'm sure that you think that by exposing her to Western values and lifestyles you'll be improving her life. But whether that will be the case is debatable. Sounds like you should find a girlfriend who is already more independent/worldly.

If you can afford to travel to all these places that you talk about, then you should be able to afford a place to stay with your Thai gf rather than going to your exs. What you plan on doing is just dumb.

I can afford to go all the places I go because I can stay with family and friends...trust me...my girlfriend doesn't want me to spend any more money than necessary...save for our future house...and as said before...her mom won't let her go...and...she wants to travel to WORK not hang out...which means a tourist visa is off the table...lookin at a k1 now....

Because he's trolling??

He missed a month in the absolute waterfront home in Point Piper, Sydney!! And, of course, the motor cruiser moored out the front (350 hp inboard/outboards) with a crew standing ready to whisk them to Doyles Seafood Restaurant for lunch, and the Learjet parked at the airport.

I'm sure the story is evolving.

Man I have no idea what you are on about...I am nowhere near Sidney and have no future plans to visit Auz.

As for evolving yes...due to the mom putting the kabosh on her daughter traveling...and me falling in love with Austin....it looks like the whole SF AND Brazilian portion of the trip is being cancelled.

I want her in Brazil with me so looks like I HAVE TO go back to Thailand sooner than I want to....but not without K1 visa being applied for first.

She wants to work in the US...i'm not sure marriage is the perfect solution...but...ya...man...

The story. EVOLVING.

Now it just sounds like you're bragging. With all these different places you're traveling to, it still makes no sense why you can't just get a hotel for that small amount of time you're going to be there. I'm beginning to think your whole story is bullsht. If I was that girl, I'd leave your ass without looking back. Maybe you should send money home to her family for their sick and dying buffalo.

Archived