Australian minister for justice meets DPM Gen Prawit

rooster59

Australian minister for justice meets DPM Gen Prawit

Thammarat Thadaphrom

post-247607-0-26356500-1453545500_thumb.

BANGKOK, 23 January 2016 (NNT) - Australian Justice Minister Michael Keenan has paid a courtesy call on Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Defense Gen Prawit Wongsuwan during his visit to the Kingdom of Thailand.

DPM Gen Prawit received Mr. Keenan at the Ministry of Defense. Both parties discuss a wide range of issues including terrorism, transnational terrorism, and drug smuggling.

Mr Keenan said he was worried about the growing number of terrorist attacks and the presence of ISIS in this region. He added that Australia was also facing similar problems and that it would be a good idea to engage in higher degree of cooperation with Southeast Asian nations in fight against drugs and terrorism.

In reply, Gen Prawit said Thailand would be more than willing to assist Australia in its effort to combat terrorism, transnational organized crime, and drug trafficking. He said although Thailand had not been facing the problem of transnational terrorism in particular, it had always been on high alert and had been keeping close contact with its neighbors on this issue.

On behalf of the Thai government, Gen Prawit thanked Australia for its understanding and support while assuring Mr Keenan of the Thai government’s intentions to follow the reform roadmap which will in turn lead to general elections in the year 2017.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-01-23 footer_n.gif

Im sure te Australian justice minster can see the junta for exatly what it is. Probably not as easy to fool as those Prawit is used to dealing with.

Maybe the General is offering the RTP to train Asio and the AFP in investigation techniques. Im sure they wont be familiar with those practised by the RTP.

Awww stone the bloody crows mate wow,,,, what would us Aussies do without the assistance of the Thai military and their incredible police???

I mean let's face it, Those Aussies have bombs going off so bloody often from them transnational terrorists so them Aussies need all the expertise they can get.

I mean when was the last terrorist bomb attack in the land down under??? Hmmm that would be 1970ish??? other than that well ok there been loan fruit loops with guns, Thanks again guy's what would we do without you.......

"Thailand would be more than willing to assist Australia in its effort to combat terrorism"

... assuming that the Royal Thai Military can ever resolve the 20 year Malay-Thai insurgency in the South.

That would be the same insurgency that the political parties and governments this century have failed miserably to do anything about? Apart from one leader who seemed to think exterminating them might work. Guess his eternal friend and former murderous regime member might have given him that thought.

Awww stone the bloody crows mate wow,,,, what would us Aussies do without the assistance of the Thai military and their incredible police???

I mean let's face it, Those Aussies have bombs going off so bloody often from them transnational terrorists so them Aussies need all the expertise they can get.

I mean when was the last terrorist bomb attack in the land down under??? Hmmm that would be 1970ish??? other than that well ok there been loan fruit loops with guns, Thanks again guy's what would we do without you.......

Aussies ban members of the current Thai government and their families from going to Australia (sure that worries them - not); but Ministers happy to come here themselves.

Hypocrisy - you bet. Just like paying the people traffickers to take the migrants back. Nothing like a bit of illegal payments to keep the electorate sweet. International law, Human Rights - who cares, the Aborigines have been screwed for years and no one boycotts or hold Australia accountable. Might as well pay people traffickers too.

What a joke. Thailand offering assistance to Australia. We live in the 21st Century, Thailand lives in the 18th. Bad reporting. Australia would have been offering Thailand assistance but as per usual its been twisted to show how important they think they are.

Keenan was my local MP back in Australia, his office is close to where I lived.

He does not have a military background, as one poster suggested. He went from an extended stint at university, to his old man's real estate business, to the Australian Parliament. Never had a real job!

When he was in opposition I once wrote to his office asking why he was using tax payer money to pepper the electorate with pamphlets designed only to give a running count of the number of refugee boats arriving on Australian shores. I suggested he was using my tax money to electioneer. The answer I received was very trite.

A political and intellectual lightweight who rode Abbott's coattails onto the front bench and has been kept in a junior ministry because of his youth and perceived electorability.

He is just keeping peace with the Thais because of the bogans and dickheads who regularly get caught doing something stupid in Thailand. And the human trafficking that goes on in the Australian sex industry. There were also a couple of Thai hitmen extradited back to Australia last year.