House for Sale Jomtien beach Anyone having same problems.

Sorry to say I have found agents a waste of time here. Remember the market is tough right now and there is more then enough choice around for buyers to be picky. Then of course you are selling a house which a foreigner cannot legally own (I know there are ways around it like buying it under a company name).

but don't lose heart. A friend of mine wanted to go back to the UK and they had a large house quite a way out of Pattaya in Phoenix golf club. They wasted a whole year with local agents trying to sell there house at about 20 million baht, so not cheap.

In the end they sold it by advertising themselves, online, in about 3 months.

My advice do it yourself.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I posted on another post about Thailand ,there is a load of old bull sh_t posted on here ,this thread is no different ,all I know is that all over the place is that there are thousands of armchair estate agents around,if they are so good why not open up yourselves, and go broke like most do ,the good ones survive.

Why dont I start an estate agency here? Because I've already earned as much money as I will ever need doing a real job that required demonstrable knowledge and real ability. Also because waiting around for one or two properties a year to sell at absurdly high commission rates is not something that I would feel very proud of doing, or that would satisfy me in any way. At the end of the day I like to be able to point at something that I have created through my own effort and skill.

As far as I can see most people who end up being estate agents or used car salesmen are people who cant actually do anything else. And those who end up being estate agents here seem to be the ones who couldn't cut doing any sort of job back home.

One business that I would have considered starting here is condo management, as existing companies I have seen here simply offer no competition at all. But as I don't need the money that's one other thing that I wont have to do either (in fact I simply have zero desire to be involved with any sort of business here due to the almost total lack of decent morals).

As I posted on another post about Thailand ,there is a load of old bull sh_t posted on here ,this thread is no different ,all I know is that all over the place is that there are thousands of armchair estate agents around,if they are so good why not open up yourselves, and go broke like most do ,the good ones survive.

Why dont I start an estate agency here? Because I've already earned as much money as I will ever need doing a real job that required demonstrable knowledge and real ability. Also because waiting around for one or two properties a year to sell at absurdly high commission rates is not something that I would feel very proud of doing, or that would satisfy me in any way. At the end of the day I like to be able to point at something that I have created through my own effort and skill.

As far as I can see most people who end up being estate agents or used car salesmen are people who cant actually do anything else. And those who end up being estate agents here seem to be the ones who couldn't cut doing any sort of job back home.

One business that I would have considered starting here is condo management, as existing companies I have seen here simply offer no competition at all. But as I don't need the money that's one other thing that I wont have to do either (in fact I simply have zero desire to be involved with any sort of business here due to the almost total lack of decent morals).[/quote

Another armchair estate agent

i had a scheduled meeting with a female agent 18 months ago, i waited 2 hours, i rang to say where are you and the cheeky mare sent back a photo of her in the hairdressers, so i arranged another meeting,and guess what, i never showed up. touche !

She didn't turn up either, she was having a massage....

My ex is selling our old house, but she has it on the market at top rate. I said "good luck with that then", doesn't matter how long it takes to sell for me, i can wait. But she is in debt up to her eyeballs (debts came outside of marriage, just in case someone will say it is my debt as well). They are chasing for car payments, failed business, you name it.

She wanted me to buy her out, but i said no, because i knew it would be a long time to sell off. She begged me coz she needed money fast, so what does she do? Puts it on the market at a price where it will take years, if ever, to sell. I really tried to make her see reason, but no joy there.

She is now a marketing manager for ptt, god knows what her marketing strategies are in that company...haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Reduce price so it's cheap. Don't try to compete with the 3000 other similar properties to yours

If your hot to sell & are motivated then sell it

If you want a fixed price that's not realistic you've got no chance

You know the real value, now reduce by 50%

That's what's it's worth

Truth is above

You're choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recently sold my house in Rayong to a local with a simple sign on the gate . The house was perfectly maintained basically looked like new . Once sold I started looking around for another house i couldn't believe at how poorly maintained and finished the houses I was being shown ! Gardens were overgrown , peeling paint , when I weighed it all up I could either build or buy brand new for the prices I was quoted . Simple solution get a house even most Thais can afford in the 1-3 million bracket , you go above that and it starts to become harder to sell to a Thai then your only choice is a farang that can't own it .

The Problem is that Pattaya have to much empty houses and condos for sale...

The Russians are gone, the Ruble is very down lost 40 to 50% of Change rate, so many of the russians no have enough money for keep there property's...

Always less People from Europe due to the financial crisis but also about Political Situation in Thailand....The Aussi $ is around 24 baht before 27 up....

Lots of Chinese and Indians here now....but they dont interested investing in Property's here...

If you really want to sale...make a big Discount on the Price....otherways Keep it for a Long time...

Good Luck, wish you can find a buyer for an acceptable Price...

I've been looking at property awhile and seems like everyone wants to not only dump their property at some ridiculous price (not stating this is the case of the OP) but they seemingly want to unload their ugly, old furniture and every dated update they've every done to the place to the price.

Every condo I look at, I'm left with the thought that they will have to pay my price and remove the furniture or I'd charge them for it. Seriously, even in Thailand what is old furniture worth? To me, less than nothing.

Another issue I've seen is wallpapered units. What's that going to cost to have removed?

But, good luck.

Well the problem is very easy to understand.

• The world economy is in bad shape.
  • Main developer and buyer in Pattaya were Russian. Now they have problem. Many condo's are not even build. Those under construction bough by Russian whom can not pay up now.
  • Russia has their own problem. Their currency devalued by more than 40%. Those bought condo in Pattaya can not even pay up the rest and ready to sell cheap to get out of the contract.
  • The political situation in Thailand is changed. I look at it as it is changed for the better but some look at it negative so it had negative effect on some.
  • It is now better to rent than to buy. Prices are not increasing but decreasing. The price of where I stay was around 5 million for a condo now is 3 million and there are not many buyers. Many condos are on sale.
  • People are looking for cheaper places to live.
  • I remember 3 years ago there were 40 000 unsold ready to move it condo and there were 300 000 under construction , so do the calculation.
  • If you really want to sell I guess you must go at least 20% or more under the current value.
Good luck
Russians can flip the condo even off the plan and make a profit on the exchange rate. I'm pretty sure they are all fully aware

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

I've been looking at property awhile and seems like everyone wants to not only dump their property at some ridiculous price (not stating this is the case of the OP) but they seemingly want to unload their ugly, old furniture and every dated update they've every done to the place to the price.

Every condo I look at, I'm left with the thought that they will have to pay my price and remove the furniture or I'd charge them for it. Seriously, even in Thailand what is old furniture worth? To me, less than nothing.

Yes, "shoddy" is a word that often springs to mind when looking at resale property here. "Tasteless" is another. I sometimes wonder if there isnt someone in Europe buying all the old and broken furniture and exporting it here by the container-load.

New places at least have the merit of being shiny and clean (though both are only surface qualities and wont last at all) and so it's no surprise that Thais prefer to buy new.

Yes, "shoddy" is a word that often springs to mind when looking at resale property here. "Tasteless" is another. I sometimes wonder if there isnt someone in Europe buying all the old and broken furniture and exporting it here by the container-load.

New places at least have the merit of being shiny and clean (though both are only surface qualities and wont last at all) and so it's no surprise that Thais prefer to buy new.

I do agree with many post.

I bought a property a few years back in my home country, the standard is crap when compared to many Thai properties. I have had endless repair bills from the managing agent.

The Thai property I want to sell is in top condition. Has to be as I bought is for investment purpose. Clients are mostly corporate but of late I changed to holiday/short term letting. The daily rate is not cheap so the furniture, fittings and overall maintenance must be kept up. View for yourself if interested.

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/jomtien-beach/1791768

The photos reflect exactly what to expect. So this is the reason I am surprised as to why it has not sold. The pricing is more than fair and well inline with current prices. (According to the estate developer)