Gecko's

:o I was wondering this when I inadvertantly interuppted what I think was a moment of lust between two little Gecks. I am used to seeing them quarrel over territory but they were wound around each other. This got me thinking, do they lay eggs or deliver live young? I am assuming eggs because I think that they are reptiles. Please put me out of my misery. I did try googling, but didn't get anywhere.

They lay little white eggs about the size of a frozen pea. Some geckos glue the eggs to a surface and others leave their eggs loose.

Sometimes you can see the eggs in geckos if light is shining from the right direction.

Yes, like Farma said, sometimes you see the eggs inside the gecko. I find them everywhere in my house, collect them (to avoid damage) and put them in a bowl with tissues. In time the small gecko's slip out of the eggs.

2006_05310007.jpg

some reptiles are live breeders also... some snakes and some lizards

and some female snakes retain sperm and rebreed themselves sort of , months later (turkeys also do that btw!)

google kingsnake.com or something like that a great reptile site

I love the geckos (chekchak), and am always amused to find them scurrying about the kitchen when I go in unexpectedly. I sometimes have to resuce the younger ones who go into the sink and can't seem to get out, because of the water on the sides. I haven't seen any eggs, but they do leave their droppings around, (and they're not white).

i found something like that in our house. lots of it around the compound but one of them stuck within the house. kinda tried to get it out of the house but started "screaming" at me ! how dangerous are these things? does it bite when handed with bare hands? amazing the noises that can come out of them.

post-29436-1161256457_thumb.jpg

I love the geckos (chekchak), and am always amused to find them scurrying about the kitchen when I go in unexpectedly. I sometimes have to resuce the younger ones who go into the sink and can't seem to get out, because of the water on the sides. I haven't seen any eggs, but they do leave their droppings around, (and they're not white).

If you have any of that white plastic trunking for electrical wires in your house, open it up and you will almost certainly find some gecko eggs...

:o