Ukrainian killed in East Pattaya road crash

webfact

Ukrainian killed in East Pattaya road crash

crash-2-5.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A fatal road crash occurred on the notoriously dangerous Highway 36 in East Pattaya on Sunday Morning which resulted in the death of a Ukrainian tourist.

Police and medics arrived at the scene and inspected the body of Mr. Ivan Yatsyniak aged 55, who was lying on the road outside of the Bira International Racing Circuit. Nearby was the victims’ Finnish friend who offered Police his version of the crash.

The pair had just rented motorbikes and decided to drive to Koh Chang in Trat Province but lost their way and needed to make a U-turn.

They moved over from the left lane of the carriageway to the right-lane as they approached the U-turn but Mr. Yatsyniak’s bike was struck by a fast-moving Honda CRV driven by Khun Anchalee aged 41.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/221051/ukrainian-killed-in-east-pattaya-road-crash/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-01-25

That's the same area those two caddies from Pattaya Country Club (PCC) were killed on a motorbike a couple of weeks ago.

I travel this stretch of the 36 quite often coming back from PCC and one major problem is the road surface. The road has been re-surfaced just prior to this area and then it reverts back to a potholes and 'rutted' state as you approach the 'racetrack" area. Cars, lorries and m'bikes belt along the resurfaced stretch and suddenly come to this crappy stretch and don't slow down. There are also no lane markings.

Dunno who is at fault here but I would certainly not want to ride a motorbike along there, particularly if I was a tourist on a rented bike, which it looks to be the case here.

Tragic again.

If it is the u-turn on the Rayong bound side of the 36 by Bira I have always found it to be a particularly dangerous one.

Agreed having used it a many times......

In fact Hwy 36 is dotted with dangerous spots, it is one of the older highways around the area and was built on the cheap, putting in U-Turns rather than slip-roads and overpasses. All the U-Turns are dangerous considering how busy the Highway is, and many are in areas of poor or non existent lighting. You cannot exit 36 and get onto another major Hwy 331 (where a right turn is needed) without making U-Turns, similarly at 3240. Where North bound 36 traffic wants to get onto the motorway (#7) to head towards Bangkok is mayhem at rush hours, similarly the exit from #7 to get onto 36 towards Rayong. Here people park in the road to further hinder the traffic. The surface is poor and lighting bad. It will be killing many more. It is not safe for motorcycles.

Edited by jacko45k

RiP the poor tourist.

Most U turns on major roads where one has to enter into the fast lane of oncoming traffic are a dangerous and crazy design.....attempting this turn in these places is plainly, a stupid thing to do.

This guy seems to have been hit by a fast moving vehicle travelling in the same direction........a Honda Click cannot beat a vehicle doing ~120+kph!

If it is the u-turn on the Rayong bound side of the 36 by Bira I have always found it to be a particularly dangerous one.

Agreed having used it a many times......

In fact Hwy 36 is dotted with dangerous spots, it is one of the older highways around the area and was built on the cheap, putting in U-Turns rather than slip-roads and overpasses. All the U-Turns are dangerous considering how busy the Highway is, and many are in areas of poor or non existent lighting. You cannot exit 36 and get onto another major Hwy 331 (where a right turn is needed) without making U-Turns, similarly at 3240. Where North bound 36 traffic wants to get onto the motorway (#7) to head towards Bangkok is mayhem at rush hours, similarly the exit from #7 to get onto 36 towards Rayong. Here people park in the road to further hinder the traffic. The surface is poor and lighting bad. It will be killing many more. It is not safe for motorcycles.

Yes the u turn off the 36 to get on the 331 is a nightmare at rush hour. I normally turn left towards Chachoengsao and u turn and head over the bridge towards Sattahip.

I think they should make motorcyclists adopt the same technique as they do in Victoria Australia for making any kind of right turn or U turn which is to pull over on the left first and wait until the traffic is clear in both directions

post-149848-0-31919000-1453707894_thumb.

Edited by Asiantravel

I think they should make motorcyclists adopt the same technique as they do in Victoria Australia for making any kind of right turn or U turn which is to pull over on the left first and wait until the traffic is clear in both directions

I was just about to say, if I'm about to make a u-turn and the situation is too dangerous to approach the turn on the right lane, I'll make a stop on the left hand side and wait for the best moment to cross.

You mean apply a common sense approach.

RIP.

RIP.

Your point is well made.

However, you would have to wait until hell freezes over - at least during the day, for there to be any reasonable gap in the traffic even one way on that 36.

I have no smart solutions.

RIP.

Your point is well made.

However, you would have to wait until hell freezes over - at least during the day, for there to be any reasonable gap in the traffic even one way on that 36.

I have no smart solutions.

I do,given your advice,don't attempt to make a U turn on a motorcycle on this stretch of highway.