Huge controversy over disruption of Jewish event at U.S. Gay rights conference

Jingthing

This article speaks for itself and yes I agree with the article, not the protesters who were chanting for the destruction of Israel, including the gays there.

In the U.S. context, it is truly disgusting that sexual minority Jews, who historically have been in the forefront on American civil rights movements of many kinds including of course gay rights, are being targeted this way.

If this is the face of the American "progressive" movement, it needs a new face.

http://oblogdeeoblogda.me/2016/01/23/lgbt-protesters-at-creating-change-call-for-the-destruction-of-israel/

LGBT PROTESTERS AT CREATING CHANGE CALL FOR THE DESTRUCTION OF ISRAEL

Has Creating Change taken on a New Meaning: Does that Change involve LGBTQ America Supporting Anti Semitism?

By Melanie Nathan, January 21, 2016.

This week will go down in history as one of the saddest and most destructive, ever, in the lives of LGBTQ Jews. We became the target of antisemitism disguised as protesting alleged “Israeli oppression.” Anyone who truly understands the history, the context and milieu will clearly access the bottom line and that came in the form of the chant that served to helm the onslaught by LGBTQ protesters at the Creating Change 2016 Conference, who yelled:

” From the river to the sea Palestine will be free.”

This known chant that denotes the desire to drive all Jews into the sea, in effect is a genocidal chant that includes the only tiny bit of LGBTQ liberation in the Middle East. That is why they were there, to call for the death of Jews and Israel, and Task Force, through its failure to keep the space safe, was at best negligently complicit: Here is one comments I saw on Facebook by John Becker, a well known LGBT personality and equality activist:

“Assuming they mean the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea, this chant would suggest that they do not support a two-state solution that preserves a vibrant, stable, and independent Jewish homeland. This is unacceptable and bigoted, and I’m disturbed and disgusted that this kind of anti-Semitism is embraced by some of my fellow LGBT progressives.”

Edited by Jingthing

More on this protest.

A Careless Anti-Semitism Shames the LGBT Community

I guess the first question we should ask of the protest organizers is: If you’re suggesting a boycott of Israel because of issues outside of LGBT concerns, why not include a statement about the antigay laws in Palestine? It would demonstrate an attempt for fairness and common ground. And why not explain that many LGBT people have had to literally escape antigay violence in Palestine? It is so unsafe for out Palestinians that the organization fighting for Palestinian queer rights has to be located in Israel.

http://www.advocate.com/commentary/2016/1/28/careless-anti-semitism-shames-lgbt-community

Edited by Scott
Edited for fair use

It's not over.

Michael Lucas is planning a lawsuit against the LGBTQ Task force.

Here is his excellent opinion piece on the matter.

http://www.out.com/2016/1/27/op-ed-creating-change-protest-was-pure-anti-semitism

Op-Ed: The Creating Change Protest Was Pure Anti-Semitism

It must be pointed out here that while criticism of Israeli government policies can be legitimate, the extreme left has crossed the line into anti-Semitism, a term from the 1800s that simply means hatred of Jews. The imbeciles yelling in the hallway of that Chicago hotel did not care that the leftist Jerusalem Open House works to protect Palestinian gays, because they don’t really care about the Palestinians. Their entire obsession is with the only Jewish country in the world, Israel, and their desire to see the Jewish state and its inhabitants destroyed.

Israel is the only country in the region where gay people live openly, equally, with all the rights and protections of an enlightened society. Yet this is the country these radicals focus on. Have they ever protested outside the embassy of Saudi Arabia, where homosexuality is outlawed and gays are flogged, imprisoned, and executed? Have they organized a demonstration outside the embassy of Iran, where gays are hanged for the crime of “consensual sodomy”? Did they show up to decry Russia’s new anti-gay law in 2013? Do they attempt to derail events connected to countries that oppress gays?

Of course not. They are preoccupied with Israel and Israel alone. Why is that? Why are those brutal regimes, the true offenders, ignored by these extremists? The answer is clear. Throughout the course of history, Jews have been demonized, boycotted, and murdered. Now, Israel is the Jew among nations, subject to the same kind of baseless hatred, lies and mistreatment that we have seen for centuries. Coincidence? I think not.

Edited by Jingthing

• 2 weeks later...

I can see anti Israeli sentiments but no anti semitism. Why do so many people believe that a comment against Israel is a comment against all Jews. The whole LGBT movement is about people's freedom to live, so to express opinions about Isreals denial of the Palestinians freedom is within topic (to me).

Edited by RabC

I can see anti Israeli sentiments but no anti semitism. Why do so many people believe that a comment against Israel is a comment against all Jews. The whole LGBT movement is about people's freedom to live, so to express opinions about Isreals denial of the Palestinians freedom is within topic (to me).

You're wrong.

When Jews hear Palestine River to the Sea chants they hear people chanting for genocide of Jews.

You're wrong a second time.

NOBODY has said that any criticisms of Israeli government policies are antisemitic.

But chanting for genocide of Jews, chanting for the end of the one Jewish state, is about as antisemitic as it gets.

Palestinian freedom, a two state solution, oppose the west bank settlements, sure thing.

Chanting for genocide of the Jews ... back off haters!

Anyway, I'm telling you the truth here, that when the vast majority of Jews in the world hear River to the Sea from anti-Israel protesters they hear a chant for genocide of Jews. If you're saying that it doesn't matter how Jews hear such pro genocide hate speech, I would seriously question YOUR objectively on the matter.

You want freedom in the U.S. at a gay meeting?

Let gay Jews meet in peace the same as you'd let gay Arabs meet in peace (and hopefully later in more fun ways).

Edited by Jingthing