Where in Buriram to obtain a soil test for farming land?

kamalabob2

My wife is keen to expand her farming ventures. I would like to see the soil tested in a lab in Buriram. Do the forum members have a suggestion of an ag department or college department that might provide this soil testing for a fee in or near Buriram?

Thank you in advance.

I believe you will find that this is a poor choice, due to very limited range of soil minerals tested for, quality of test and recommendations, and the fact that they take forever to process. There are important aspects, like Ca to Mg ratio, minor minerals like Boron that is important for Ca metabolism, that the Land dept doesn't have a clue about.

Use a soil science department from an ag university. In Chiang Mai I used MaeJo U or Chiang Mai U. Until Rice555 turned me on to www.soilminerals.com and I started sending samples to Logan Labs in the USA. http://www.loganlabs.com/ US$25. Then email results to Michael Astera at soilminerals.com for the recommendations/Rx. US$45. It's worth it for the quality of test and comprehensive information and prescription.

We've had several discussions on soils and soil testing on this forum. Searching will give you a lot of good information from knowledgeable and experienced members here.

We've had several discussions on soils and soil testing on this forum. Searching will give you a lot of good information from knowledgeable and experienced members here.

Maybe this one:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/552533-soil-analysis/

In a Documentary there talking about 52 nutrients for the soil. I think its not easy to buy after the missing komponent.

For exemple where to buy sulphur in Thailand?

And this is only one komponent.

The Land Development Department is a good beginning and after there will more questions who need more answers.

Edited by Allgeier

You're right, it can be difficult to source the soil minerals in Thailand, but most components can be found. We filled prescriptions in Chiang Mai, mostly through Lemasakul Chemsekate Co , a fertilizer, ag chemical and sprayer supply shop.

Where can you find sulfur? Gypsum (Calcium sulfate, is 17% Sulfur), Ammonium sulfate is another source of the sulfur anion, but they should be used in context of the mineral balance found through soil testing and prescribed accordingly.

Ali Baba? http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Vastland-organic-granule-16-0-1_1630229921.html?spm=a2700.7724857.29.58.46VM8v

Edited by drtreelove