Lawyers Council to appeal Koh Tao convicts’ death sentence

webfact

"So let's look at the swim shall we.

Apparently, it was a cold night.

We know that because mm borrowed wp long sleeved shirt because he was cold.

We know that it was raining, because wp himself said it was raining at the time.

So in the cold rain they just decided to jump in the water with all of their clothes on.

Wp, did not wear a shirt because he did not want to get his friend (MM) SHIRT bless and sweetNess. I thought that when they mentioned clothes stolen, it was all of their clothes. But apparently it was only the tshirt of mm that went missing.

Is that correct? ??"

No- let's not look at it (again...and again...and again...)!

If anyone is seriously thinking about answering this BS (again...and again...and again...)- please, don't!

Let's get this Troll starving, for forks sake!

I really can't read it anymore!

"But it was raining!"

"But why did they go for a swim?"

"But how?"

"But what?"

There is a Louis CK- number about children, asking the question" Why?" and how you -as an adult- can never win in a situation like that!

Be an adult and don't answer any of these stupid, childish questions, that have been either a) answered 100 times over or b ) for which there is no conclusive answer, anyways!

Jeeeeeeezzzzzuuuuuusss, Almighty!

So , was it only the tshirt that was stolen then.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"belonged to I thought mm"

"what the hell, it belongedto one of them"

"the crime scene, or at least right next to the murder weapon."

whistling.gif facepalm.gif

The only flag I see in your post, is from The State of Confusion.

What do you think about Somyot's statement in Post #393?

(Given that facts stated about DNA on the hoe)

Edited by iReason

Oh dear Greenchair - I much preferred reading your posts when you were on the side of the Burmese men.

'Apparently it belonged to WP' you say in regard to the shoe. Is this the same 'bloody shoe' you have posted about that you, Andy Hall and Lynn Taylor apparently saw a photo of on the beach? You say here that it 'apparently belonged to WP' - again link please. You really need to back up these claims you are postulating, otherwise you are making a laughing stock of yourself.

You say you thought the jandal under the tree belonged to MM.

You say apparently it belonged to WP.

You say the 'they went back to retrieve the shoe at 5am' Again, we need a link for such an accurate time from you.

No it doesn't raise a flag for me personally. Plenty much everything else does though.

B.the shoe (that I thought was mm) was left bloodied at site where the hoe was found.

Catsanddogs beat me to it, but I also need to ask; what's this about a bloody shoe? If so, who's blood was on it? Was it a shoe or a flip-flop? If you're going to introduce evidence into the conversation, you're going to have to back it up with more than something like, "I heard about it, or saw a photo while ago, and......." If you use that sort of reasoning, you put yourself on the hearsay level of the RTP (re; DNA).

Do you really need to ask Boomer? It was a jandal of course...

Yes, the 'jandal' was what Greenchair was talking about non stop last year. He/she was insistent that Maung Maung was only wearing one shoe in the CCTV footage and this was discussed to death.

From what I have seen there were two shoes that could/can be seen on photographs. One shoe that was under the tree where the the hoe was supposedly originally found (the tree with blood on the bark at the base) and another shoe on the beach at the crime scene. This shoe in close up looks very much like the ones worn by Matt Barratt on the evening/morning. I have no knowledge of a bloody shoe, like most on here I imagine.

"This shoe in close up looks very much like the ones worn by Matt Barratt on the evening/morning"

Indeed... The mysterious Mr Barratt... Who was the "friend" of the deceased that made a hasty exit on the first ferry off the island on the morning that the bodies were found... Who was the person the police initially said they were looking for and wanted to question... Who was wearing a pair of shorts that looked (on CCTV footage at least) similar to those found at the murder scene... Who was one of 2 males last seen on CCTV in the company of Hannah that night/morning... Whose friend Tom Wood is the only blonde-haired male associated with this case... And who apparently is of no interest to anyone investigating the murders...

^^^

"The mysterious Mr Barratt... Who was the "friend" of the deceased that made a hasty exit on the first ferry off the island on the morning that the bodies were found" blink.png

Link please, to substantiate that statement.

Edited by iReason

<snip>

So, just hearsay.

Along with another poster who claims he has an NGO.

Haven't seen any proof of that either.

<snip>

... and you're not going to get any proof. I did that once on ThaiVisa and will not make that mistake again. All I will say is that it is related to libraries.

Either quote the whole post or don't quote it at all. This trait is not fair to the original poster.

<snip>

So, just hearsay.

Along with another poster who claims he has an NGO.

Haven't seen any proof of that either.

<snip>

... and you're not going to get any proof. I did that once on ThaiVisa and will not make that mistake again. All I will say is that it is related to libraries.

Either quote the whole post or don't quote it at all. This trait is not fair to the original poster.

I don't have to prove to that guy's satisfaction that I have a NGO. It is a USA approved 501c3 non-profit corporation doing international work.

Edited by JLCrab

^^^

"The mysterious Mr Barratt... Who was the "friend" of the deceased that made a hasty exit on the first ferry off the island on the morning that the bodies were found" blink.png

Link please, to substantiate that statement.

IslandLover

• photo-thumb-222707.jpg?_r=1422553699
  • Advanced Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 925 posts

Posted 2015-02-24 17:04:50

jimmybkk, on 24 Feb 2015 - 16:33, said:snapback.png

jimmybkk, on 24 Feb 2015 - 17:33, said:

I thought that Jimmy Ware was said to have left the night before the murders took place.

It was post #101 in this thread that I found interesting, and which suggests it was neither of the Ware's:

http://www.thaivisa....-koh-tao/page-5

So it's a real mystery about the identity of the British tourist who left on the morning of the murders. It's a pity that ferry wasn't stopped from leaving as somebody on it could have been involved. Even if the bodies were discovered after it had departed, it could have been stopped at its destination.

• Matt Barratt appears to be have a packet of LM fags with him on the group photo. He was sitting opposite Hannah and next to David on this photo. Tom is a traveller. He is also seen following on behind Hannah when she is leaving a bar. He said on his FB page that he assumed Hannah and David left the AC bar together. Could it be that he is the 'friend' that apparently told the police what time Hannah and David were seen leaving the bar 'together'? It seems possible that Matt Barrett could have been the last person to see Hannah and David alive. The shoe on the beach at the crime scene is like the ones he was wearing.

Edited by catsanddogs

Oh dear Greenchair - I much preferred reading your posts when you were on the side of the Burmese men.

'Apparently it belonged to WP' you say in regard to the shoe. Is this the same 'bloody shoe' you have posted about that you, Andy Hall and Lynn Taylor apparently saw a photo of on the beach? You say here that it 'apparently belonged to WP' - again link please. You really need to back up these claims you are postulating, otherwise you are making a laughing stock of yourself.

You say you thought the jandal under the tree belonged to MM.

You say apparently it belonged to WP.

You say the 'they went back to retrieve the shoe at 5am' Again, we need a link for such an accurate time from you.

No it doesn't raise a flag for me personally. Plenty much everything else does though.

good post C&D. the whole jandal/flip-flop things sounds like a wild goose on a merry-go-round on steroids. If the thing even existed (let's see the photo), we don't know whose it was. We don't know if it had blood on it, as GC asserted. If there was blood or any DNA substance on it, it probably wasn't tested. The only thing RTP co-conspirators mention re; testing, are things which may link the B2 to the crime, and all of those items are either lost, missing, destroyed or their DNA-stories are fabricated.

The cigg butt, the unused condom, go in the same category. In a different category ('items that may be useful') are Hannah's clothes, the hair, and the bottle on the beach. Of course none of those exist, and the bottle wasn't even mentioned in the police report.

At least if cops are going to frame-up migrants while protecting the Headman's people, you'd expect them to do a better job at it. They're like a group of magicians who show up on stage and screw up all their tricks. ....like on Britain's Got Talent show when a magician was doing a trick to show he could tele-transport a white dove from one end of the stage to the other by magic, .....but then unintentionally, the little door on the other end of the stage opened too soon, and a 2nd white dove showed up. The magician's trick was ruined when the audience saw 2 doves, when they should only have seen one. The magician blushed and left the stage.

The difference is, in this KT case, the ruse-makers are never going to admit their frame-up trick is hopelessly botched. They're going to charge on into the muck of their own making, getting stuck deeper with each step. And the 2nd lead cop, Mr Somyot, retired at the end of Sept. '15. So he knows there can be no repercussions, even if Thai authorities were to try and prosecute officials involved in the cover-up. It so happens, in Thailand, once a gov't worker retires, he/she cannot be held legally culpable for illegal acts they did when in office. It's not a written law, but it's the way things happen here in Thailand.

B.the shoe (that I thought was mm) was left bloodied at site where the hoe was found.

Catsanddogs beat me to it, but I also need to ask; what's this about a bloody shoe? If so, who's blood was on it? Was it a shoe or a flip-flop? If you're going to introduce evidence into the conversation, you're going to have to back it up with more than something like, "I heard about it, or saw a photo while ago, and......." If you use that sort of reasoning, you put yourself on the hearsay level of the RTP (re; DNA).

Do you really need to ask Boomer? It was a jandal of course...

Yes, the 'jandal' was what Greenchair was talking about non stop last year. He/she was insistent that Maung Maung was only wearing one shoe in the CCTV footage and this was discussed to death.

From what I have seen there were two shoes that could/can be seen on photographs. One shoe that was under the tree where the the hoe was supposedly originally found (the tree with blood on the bark at the base) and another shoe on the beach at the crime scene. This shoe in close up looks very much like the ones worn by Matt Barratt on the evening/morning. I have no knowledge of a bloody shoe, like most on here I imagine.

"This shoe in close up looks very much like the ones worn by Matt Barratt on the evening/morning"

Indeed... The mysterious Mr Barratt... Who was the "friend" of the deceased that made a hasty exit on the first ferry off the island on the morning that the bodies were found... Who was the person the police initially said they were looking for and wanted to question... Who was wearing a pair of shorts that looked (on CCTV footage at least) similar to those found at the murder scene... Who was one of 2 males last seen on CCTV in the company of Hannah that night/morning... Whose friend Tom Wood is the only blonde-haired male associated with this case... And who apparently is of no interest to anyone investigating the murders...

Do you have a picture of the shoe. I have often wondered about these 2. How many shoes are there I wonder? ?

If post #406 isn't Trolling, I don't know what is...

Much like his posting of a completely irrelevant Queen song the other day that was rightfully removed.

.. but doves and magician's tricks on Britain's Got Talent is OK. Besides, removed or not, the Queen song wasn't irrelevant as another one of the A-team DID bite the dust.

But that's OK -- as long as one posts on here that the unjustly convicted B2 only haplessly were in the-wrong-place-at-the-wrong-time and that the frame-up was part on the controlling family's orchestration and agenda, then you're always on topic, relevant, and non-distraction.

Any questioning of that groove puts the tag team folks into attack mode.

However right now the EU Parliament is in Plenary Session live-streamed from Strasbourg and while interesting it is very dry so I come here for a little levity which you are considerate enough to provide.

Edited by JLCrab

@post 408

"I come here for a little levity which you are considerate enough to provide."

Now, now, now, be honest, your primary interest is to Troll.

Proven by the fact that your inane drivel consistently gets deleted. (As demonstrated in your most recently removed post: #406)

Never a contribution given, just vacuous nonsense.

Again, indeed a primary trait of the Troll.

And to claim you come to a forum about a very serious subject for "levity" is somewhat disturbing.

And a waste of time, don't you think?

Edited by iReason

Now we hear Hannah's inquest hearing is scheduled for Feb. 8 ?

Nearly 17 months after the crime, and several months after the trial wrapped up. I'm sure they have their reasons for being so slow, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're good excuses.

And what of David's inquest? Is the Jersey coroner even more asleep at the wheel than the Norfolk coroner? Maybe their hourglasses are screwing up - using sand which is too thick, or their sundials are giving false readings from too much cloud.

@post 408

"I come here for a little levity which you are considerate enough to provide."

Now, now, now, be honest, your primary interest is to Troll.

Proven by the fact that your inane drivel consistently gets deleted. (As demonstrated in your most recently removed post: #406)

Never a contribution given, just vacuous nonsense.

Again, indeed a primary trait of the Troll.

And to claim you come to a forum about a very serious subject for "levity" is somewhat disturbing.

And a waste of time, don't you think?

The murder of two persons and the judicial proceedings against two other I take very seriously. You and a bunch of your compatriots however are a continuing source of levity with your self-righteous self-importance. Most times what of mine is deleted is in reply to one your gang's posts which is deleted at the same time.

This unfortunate event has now been ongoing for over 16 months and I have contributed enough in the past that, now that the process is in appeal mode, I am content to wait to see what the defense will offer. Stay tuned.

Edited by JLCrab

The picture of the shoe disappeared. Lynn Taylor saw it. It was on andy fb page. Then disappeared. she searched for it so did I.

The picture of the shoe was never on Andy Hall's facebook page. Lyn Taylor claimed that some Thai sent her the picture in a private message to her facebook page and then that picture mysteriously disappeared (likely story). I do not set much store by anything Lyn Taylor says. She is a fantasist. There is indeed a picture of what could be a shoe next to the tree where the hoe was found (I have a copy) and there is also a single shoe on the beach at the place where the bodies were found which is neither David's nor Hannah's. A single shoe was sent for testing during the trial and none of the B2s DNA was found on it. Presumably it didn't have the DNA of Maung Maung on it either because the RTP already had a sample of his DNA from when he was arrested along with the B2 back in October 2014. It is not known whether it was the shoe from next to the tree where the hoe was found, or the shoe which was at the actual crime scene. In any event, this shoe was deemed unimportant to the investigation because it could not be proved who it belonged to.

Now we hear Hannah's inquest hearing is scheduled for Feb. 8 ?

Nearly 17 months after the crime, and several months after the trial wrapped up. I'm sure they have their reasons for being so slow, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're good excuses.

And what of David's inquest? Is the Jersey coroner even more asleep at the wheel than the Norfolk coroner? Maybe their hourglasses are screwing up - using sand which is too thick, or their sundials are giving false readings from too much cloud.

Boomer, please stop going on about the lateness of Hannah's inquest. Under U.K. rules, an inquest cannot be held when a criminal trial is in progress. The trial of the B2 only ended when the verdict was read on 24th December 2015. Certain arrangements have to be made by the Coroner regarding the calling of witnesses so I think a date of 8th February 2016 is perfectly acceptable under the circumstances. The State of Jersey is not under U.K. jurisdiction regarding inquests and it is possible that there will be no inquest into the death of David Miller, much as interested parties would like one.

But, surely, the point you were trying to make was that a large scale cover up of a murder in Bangkok would be a far-fetched scenario? And I pointed out that such an occurrence has already happened. Anyway, we're getting miles off centre (maybe that's the idea?). Enough of this little detour for me.

What a (now) former Deputy-PM can do in Bangkok and what one of five controlling families on Koh Tao can do in Bangkok is not much of a comparison. But again, going back to the 'murderers allowed to roam free' post to which I originally responded, all I originally said was that Koh Tao is not really a big place on which to roam as in

"Oh give me a home, where the buffalo roam ..."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/889746-lawyers-council-to-appeal-koh-tao-convicts-death-sentence/?p=10370410

Which brings us nicely back on topic Crab: A Koh Tao family (the Tuvichiens) that was a major business partner of the national police chief (Somyot) would be in as good a position as anybody to influence any criminal investigation anywhere in the country. And who personally took over this particular investigation, after Panya first implicated the Tuvichiens and was shortly thereafter kicked upstairs? Why, Somyot of course. And who took centre stage (in uniform) at Warot Tuvichien's private voluntary (but shown on national media) DNA test pantomine? Why, Somyot of course. And who threatened social media users discussing Tuvichien involvement in the murders with prosecution? Why, Somyot of course.

And that's without bringing the strong Suthep connection into it. Fact is, the Tuvichiens are rather more connected than the 'pick one from five country bumpkin families with a bit of money' scenario that you would wish us to believe.

Han, do you have a source for Somyot and the Tuvichiens being "major business" partners? Or am I misreading your post and you are offering this as a possible reason for Somyot's performance?.

Thanks

The picture of the shoe disappeared. Lynn Taylor saw it. It was on andy fb page. Then disappeared. she searched for it so did I.

The picture of the shoe was never on Andy Hall's facebook page. Lyn Taylor claimed that some Thai sent her the picture in a private message to her facebook page and then that picture mysteriously disappeared (likely story). I do not set much store by anything Lyn Taylor says. She is a fantasist. There is indeed a picture of what could be a shoe next to the tree where the hoe was found (I have a copy) and there is also a single shoe on the beach at the place where the bodies were found which is neither David's nor Hannah's. A single shoe was sent for testing during the trial and none of the B2s DNA was found on it. Presumably it didn't have the DNA of Maung Maung on it either because the RTP already had a sample of his DNA from when he was arrested along with the B2 back in October 2014. It is not known whether it was the shoe from next to the tree where the hoe was found, or the shoe which was at the actual crime scene. In any event, this shoe was deemed unimportant to the investigation because it could not be proved who it belonged to.

Can you show the picture of the shoe on the beach and under the tree? Would be ever so grateful

Can you show the picture of the shoe on the beach and under the tree? Would be ever so grateful

It's all on the web - you just have to do a little research.